Ohio 2019

chalker
Division: Grad
State: OH

Re: Ohio 2019

Post by chalker »

jgrischow1 wrote:
shep888 wrote:Are there individual ones for each B division event? Particularly build events with scores/times?
I don't think Ohio has ever released raw scores for the State tournament.
Correct. That's generally standard practice across the nation.

Student Alumni
National Event Supervisor
National Physical Sciences Rules Committee Chair
Anomaly
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: C
State: PA
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers

Post by Anomaly »

chalker wrote:
jgrischow1 wrote:
shep888 wrote:Are there individual ones for each B division event? Particularly build events with scores/times?
I don't think Ohio has ever released raw scores for the State tournament.
Correct. That's generally standard practice across the nation.
Not for Pennsylvania ;)
I like how PA does the raw scores thing though. Added bonus that they password protect it from other states.
Orefield MS SO 2015-2018, Parkland HS SO 2019-2020
Medal/Ribbon Count
Invitational: 25
Regional: 16
State: 7
y o i n k s
Events: Anatomy and Physiology, Codebusters, Designer Genes, Protein Modeling
don't look at this its fake news now
jgrischow1
Division: B
State: OH
Has thanked: 0

Post by jgrischow1 »

chalker wrote:
krasabnk wrote:
jgrischow1 wrote:So the word on the street is that the division B anatomy test had very little if anything to do with the content in the rules manual. And if you look at the scores, Anatomy was the worst or second worst event for several of the top teams including Solon, Kenston, Chardon, Tower Heights, Magsig etc. Anybody hear similarly?
Not from OH, but can attest to this. Sister thought she did very well in A&P but there were several questions that were definitely not on the rules sheet or even mentioned. Quite odd.
There were several arbitration requests for A&P Div B. The 3 arbitrators looked very closely at all the questions and even consulted some external advice on them. All questions were within the scope of the topics of the rules. That said, it was a very hard test. I think the 1st place team got something like 19 out of the 56 questions correct.
Thanks.
SciNerd42

Post by SciNerd42 »

chalker wrote:
krasabnk wrote:
jgrischow1 wrote:So the word on the street is that the division B anatomy test had very little if anything to do with the content in the rules manual. And if you look at the scores, Anatomy was the worst or second worst event for several of the top teams including Solon, Kenston, Chardon, Tower Heights, Magsig etc. Anybody hear similarly?
Not from OH, but can attest to this. Sister thought she did very well in A&P but there were several questions that were definitely not on the rules sheet or even mentioned. Quite odd.
There were several arbitration requests for A&P Div B. The 3 arbitrators looked very closely at all the questions and even consulted some external advice on them. All questions were within the scope of the topics of the rules. That said, it was a very hard test. I think the 1st place team got something like 19 out of the 56 questions correct.
Any other insights?
SciolyGuy411

Post by SciolyGuy411 »

More parity in Ohio B than in my last couple of years. Westlake, New Albany and Mason MS up there along with the Centerville schools and NE Ohio. Mentor looks down from years past. Great day in Columbus. Sad that the season is over.

Return to “2019 Regionals & States”