dxu46
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: C
State: MO
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Re: Missouri 2019

Post by dxu46 »

CoachCutting wrote:Does anyone know the results of 2019 Missouri State tournament?
These aren't final - they're validating scores from yesterday and results might change (Wydown and Ladue to nats? Possibly, lol)
linzhiyan

Post by linzhiyan »

dxu46 wrote:
CoachCutting wrote:Does anyone know the results of 2019 Missouri State tournament?
These aren't final - they're validating scores from yesterday and results might change (Wydown and Ladue to nats? Possibly, lol)
MO only has one bid :/
Don't procrastinate
Don't procrastinate
Don't procrastinate
重要事情说三次
cornedbeef
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by cornedbeef »

According to the website, it's official that Ladue is going to nats in div B and Pembroke in C. They still haven't released the official spread.
linzhiyan

Post by linzhiyan »

Ok, so I saw this in the PA thread, and thought that it was kinda cool:
Reviews:

Code: As I've said before, the ES's came 15 minutes late and only gave us 45 minutes blah blah blah. I don't think the ES what she was doing. She came in with someone else and he told her to stop us at 10. After she called time, I went up to her to tell her that we had 5 more minutes left, but she said, "He just told me to stop you at 10:00." But the test was very well written, covering just about everything on the rule sheet. I felt like the entire test was doable in 50 minutes if we knew our materials well enough, but the hill cipher may have been a little long, especially since we could only use a 4 function calculator and had to take mod 26 after every calculation. And matrices can only be calculated with a 4 function calculator so fast... The test was very diverse (except there were only one aristocrat?) but not really well balanced, imo... There was only one aristocrat which was the timed question, and then there were one or two patristocrats... Also, no one from the 9:00 group figured out the timed question on time hmm... Anyways, that was probably one of the best code test I've taken (trust me I've taken quite a lot lol). 5/10 If you don't count the ES's not giving us enough time, then 9/10

Anatomy: Tbh, I got carried HARD in this event. Definitely did not deserve the medal lol... Anyways, the test was uhh... not well balanced at all... over half of the test was on cardiovascular and around half of the cardiovascular focused on disorders... And then about 65% of the rest of the test was excretory and 35% was lymphatic. Overall though, the test was great. There were many diagrams to label (we had the exact same diagram for one of them in our cheat sheet lol) and there were a decent amount of questions overall. There was a mix between multiple choice and short answers. Also, the ES's were really really nice... they didn't even get mad at me for coming in about 15 minutes late! :) 8.5/10

Sounds: The event supervisor was super nice and she really knew what she was doing (maybe because it wasn't the first time slot anymore... idk). The test was uhh... interesting? The test basically only covered general stuff, and barely went in depth for anything. There was one math problem and a lot a lot of music theory... like, around 50% of the test was music theory... So the test kinda gave an unfair advantage to those who knew music theory. But the length of the test was great. It was completely doable in a 50 minute time slot, even with testing instruments. But there weren't really any "hard" questions. And I recognized some of the questions from tests from other invitationals (and something from a worksheet that I stole off the computer from my physics teacher ;) ). I felt like this event eventually based more on our instruments than the actual test just because the test was so much general and basic stuff in which that anyone who has taken physics before could have aced the physics part. And anyone who has learned music theory before would be able to do well. But it was a great and kind and friendly environment which is always nice :) 8.5/10

Also:
dxu46 wrote:Also, sorry for not catching JB's points - it was lost in the cheer from a place that smelled of Clayton XD
-_-
Don't procrastinate
Don't procrastinate
Don't procrastinate
重要事情说三次
ClaytonTy
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by ClaytonTy »

So does anyone know if the final results in all the events have been released yet?
Confimed by science to have an upper bound of third place
jaspattack
Division: Grad

Post by jaspattack »

ClaytonTy wrote:So does anyone know if the final results in all the events have been released yet?
The statescioly website and the moscioly website both have not been updated yet. Teams may have access to a sheet (the statescioly website mentions sheets having been sent out, I haven't seen it mentioned yet) but final scores haven't been posted to the public yet.

Hopefully they're posted by the end of the week, but I don't really have high hopes for them being posted before then.
CHS '21 // Mizzou '25 | Jaspattack's Userpage

2020-21 Events: Designer Genes, Forensics, Ornithology, Protein Modeling

I edit the wiki sometimes.
dxu46
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by dxu46 »

jaspattack wrote:
ClaytonTy wrote:So does anyone know if the final results in all the events have been released yet?
The statescioly website and the moscioly website both have not been updated yet. Teams may have access to a sheet (the statescioly website mentions sheets having been sent out, I haven't seen it mentioned yet) but final scores haven't been posted to the public yet.

Hopefully they're posted by the end of the week, but I don't really have high hopes for them being posted before then.
If you have an account, they're posted. Someone from my team gave them to me, but I won't post them unless they're publicly released, just in case.
linzhiyan

Post by linzhiyan »

**cough** Check the GroupMe
Don't procrastinate
Don't procrastinate
Don't procrastinate
重要事情说三次
dxu46
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by dxu46 »

I'm guessing that final results are only available for coaches through statescioly.org/mo, and even if you create an account (which I did) you still don't have access to them. So, basically the wiki page for this year's state tournament is useless and might never be filled, so can someone delete it? I have the results, but I shouldn't upload them if they're not publicly released, should I?
Tailsfan101
Division: Grad
State: ID

Post by Tailsfan101 »

dxu46 wrote:I'm guessing that final results are only available for coaches through statescioly.org/mo, and even if you create an account (which I did) you still don't have access to them. So, basically the wiki page for this year's state tournament is useless and might never be filled, so can someone delete it? I have the results, but I shouldn't upload them if they're not publicly released, should I?
Idaho results have never been publicly released, yet I've had no problems in uploading four years' worth of them.
"Blessed are you when people insult you and persecute you, and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of Me. Rejoice and be glad, for your reward in heaven is great; for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you." Matthew 5:11-12

I have no regrets.

Return to “2019 Regionals & States”