Missouri 2019

Unome
Division: Grad
State: GA

Re: Missouri 2019

Post by Unome » June 19th, 2019, 4:37 pm

dxu46 wrote:I'm guessing that final results are only available for coaches through statescioly.org/mo, and even if you create an account (which I did) you still don't have access to them. So, basically the wiki page for this year's state tournament is useless and might never be filled, so can someone delete it? I have the results, but I shouldn't upload them if they're not publicly released, should I?
You should be fine to upload.
Userpage
Chattahoochee High School Class of 2018
Georgia Tech Class of 2022

Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.

EastStroudsburg13
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
State: MD
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by EastStroudsburg13 » June 19th, 2019, 7:43 pm

dxu46 wrote:I'm guessing that final results are only available for coaches through statescioly.org/mo, and even if you create an account (which I did) you still don't have access to them. So, basically the wiki page for this year's state tournament is useless and might never be filled, so can someone delete it? I have the results, but I shouldn't upload them if they're not publicly released, should I?
As far as I'm concerned, state results are public domain even if they don't get released by the state website itself. ;)
East Stroudsburg South Class of 2012, Alumnus of JT Lambert, Drexel University Class of 2017

Helpful Links
Wiki
Wiki Pages that Need Work
FAQ and SciOly FAQ Wiki
Chat (See IRC Wiki for more info)
BBCode Wiki

So long, and thanks for all the Future Dictator titles!

jaspattack
Wiki Moderator
Wiki Moderator
Division: C
State: MO

Post by jaspattack » June 23rd, 2019, 9:53 pm

Unome wrote:
I posted the results on the State Tournament Results page. I might start adding results to the page for the actual tournament, but not before I get a substantial amount of sleep.

Looking at the results takes me back though, even if the tournament was relatively recently. If nothing else, it reminds me just how much work I have to do before state next year... Guess that's what SSSS is for.
CHS '21 | Jaspattack's Userpage

2020-21 Events: Designer Genes, Forensics, Ornithology, Protein Modeling

I edit the wiki sometimes.

dxu46
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Been thanked: 0

Post by dxu46 » June 24th, 2019, 6:43 am

jaspattack wrote:
Unome wrote:
I posted the results on the State Tournament Results page. I might start adding results to the page for the actual tournament, but not before I get a substantial amount of sleep.

Looking at the results takes me back though, even if the tournament was relatively recently. If nothing else, it reminds me just how much work I have to do before state next year... Guess that's what SSSS is for.
Those results are the full results and aren't the ones used for national qualification, so the points and stuff are all off by a bit. I have that version of results too, but I realized this and decided not to upload. I guess you could manually recalculate the points by subtracting individual event qualifiers, but that's a lot of work and would be more easily accomplished if the results are released to the public some day.

jaspattack
Wiki Moderator
Wiki Moderator

Post by jaspattack » June 25th, 2019, 2:35 pm

dxu46 wrote:
jaspattack wrote:
Unome wrote: You should be fine to upload.

Those results are the full results and aren't the ones used for national qualification, so the points and stuff are all off by a bit. I have that version of results too, but I realized this and decided not to upload. I guess you could manually recalculate the points by subtracting individual event qualifiers, but that's a lot of work and would be more easily accomplished if the results are released to the public some day.
That's actually my bad - I have both versions of the results and didn't realize it was incorrect. Probably should have waited to do all that at a time other than midnight, but I'll reupload with the proper versions now.
CHS '21 | Jaspattack's Userpage

2020-21 Events: Designer Genes, Forensics, Ornithology, Protein Modeling

I edit the wiki sometimes.

dxu46
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by dxu46 » August 24th, 2019, 7:39 am

States for 2020 will be held on April 4th, 2020, at Westminister again. This date doesn't conflict with Science Bowl - which means this year will be interesting...

AlfWeg
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: MI

Post by AlfWeg » August 24th, 2019, 5:13 pm

dxu46 wrote:States for 2020 will be held on April 4th, 2020, at Westminister again. This date doesn't conflict with Science Bowl - which means this year will be interesting...
Ooh Lucky, Mich states conflicts with Sci Bowl nats:(
Slauson'16 Pio'20 UM'24

AlfWeg's Userpage

linzhiyan

Post by linzhiyan » August 27th, 2019, 6:08 am

dxu46 wrote:States for 2020 will be held on April 4th, 2020, at Westminister again. This date doesn't conflict with Science Bowl - which means this year will be interesting...
It's regionals that's always colliding with Science Bowl, not states...
Don't procrastinate
Don't procrastinate
Don't procrastinate
重要事情说三次

dxu46
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by dxu46 » August 27th, 2019, 8:38 am

linzhiyan wrote:
It's regionals that's always colliding with Science Bowl, not states...
I meant Science Bowl nationals, since Ladue frequently qualifies.

SciolyMaster
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by SciolyMaster » August 27th, 2019, 8:58 am

I don't know if Ladue completely and absolutely demolishing Pembroke Hill at Div C State would count as "interesting"... 8-)
Ladue Science Olympiad

2021 Events: Sounds, GeoMapping, DyPlan, Astro
Prior Events: WaterQual, Ping Pong, Thermo, Hovercraft, Air Trajectory, Bottle Rocket

"It's [SciolyMaster] from Ladooooooo!"

Return to “2019 Regionals & States”