New York 2019

syo_astro
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: Grad
State: NY

Re: New York 2019

Post by syo_astro »

Flavorflav wrote: The formula is # of teams/10, rounded up. As Unome said, until recently a bonus team was awarded if either the 1st or 2nd place team was also 1st or 2nd the year before (or possibly two years before?), but they have done away with bonus teams. Bro. Nigel from Kellenberg compiled a beautiful spreadsheet tracking the entire history of the State tournament, but sadly it was taken down when they put up the new website many years ago and never put back up.
Thanks Flavorflav!

I believe I or someone else asked him for the file (I honestly forget...not sure who even uploaded it, maybe an admin?) and thankfully put it up on the wiki https://scioly.org/wiki/index.php/New_Y ... te_Results. Not fully up to date now, but it does go way back. Recent years were posted separately as well.
B: Crave the Wave, Environmental Chemistry, Robo-Cross, Meteo, Phys Sci Lab, Solar System, DyPlan (E and V), Shock Value
C: Microbe Mission, DyPlan (Fresh Waters), Fermi Questions, GeoMaps, Grav Vehicle, Scrambler, Rocks, Astro
Grad: Writing Tests/Supervising (NY/MI)
kate!
Division: C

Post by kate! »

syo_astro wrote:
Flavorflav wrote: The formula is # of teams/10, rounded up. As Unome said, until recently a bonus team was awarded if either the 1st or 2nd place team was also 1st or 2nd the year before (or possibly two years before?), but they have done away with bonus teams. Bro. Nigel from Kellenberg compiled a beautiful spreadsheet tracking the entire history of the State tournament, but sadly it was taken down when they put up the new website many years ago and never put back up.
Thanks Flavorflav!

I believe I or someone else asked him for the file (I honestly forget...not sure who even uploaded it, maybe an admin?) and thankfully put it up on the wiki https://scioly.org/wiki/index.php/New_Y ... te_Results. Not fully up to date now, but it does go way back. Recent years were posted separately as well.
They also put a document on the new website of all the past state results like we have in the chart above that section; it had some older results (who went to nats and such from like the 1980s) that we didn't have before.
8th grade: I knew stuff about rocks, minerals, experiments, and ecosystems!
9th grade: I knew stuff about amphibians, reptiles, freshwater, and experiments!
10th grade: I knew stuff about oceanography, saltwater, birds, and fossils!
11th grade: I knew stuff about birds and fossils!
kate!

Post by kate! »

Eastern Long Island C Regionals Results:
(Bolded teams will be attending states.)
1. Ward Melville A (31)
2. Half Hollow Hills East A (144)
3. Commack A (154)
4. Earl L. Vandermeulen/Port Jeff A (163)
5. Ward Melville B (179)
6. Hauppage A (194)
7. Islip A (195)

Congratulations to Ward Melville for setting a record of the lowest score ever in the history of the regional!

(Results for other regionals that happened today will be posted when they are updated on Ezra.)
Last edited by kate! on January 27th, 2019, 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
9th grade: I knew stuff about amphibians, reptiles, freshwater, and experiments!
syo_astro
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by syo_astro »

kate! wrote:Eastern Long Island C Regionals Results:
1. Ward Melville A (31)
3. Commack A (154)
5. Ward Melville B (179)

Congratulations to Ward Melville for setting a record of the lowest score ever in the history of the regional!

(Results for other regionals that happened today will be posted when they are updated on Ezra.)
Props to Ward as usual....Did Islip not make it? :O
B: Crave the Wave, Environmental Chemistry, Robo-Cross, Meteo, Phys Sci Lab, Solar System, DyPlan (E and V), Shock Value
C: Microbe Mission, DyPlan (Fresh Waters), Fermi Questions, GeoMaps, Grav Vehicle, Scrambler, Rocks, Astro
kate!

Post by kate! »

Mid-State C Regionals Results:
1. Fayetteville-Manlius A (40)
2. Jamesville-Dewitt A (107)
3. Clinton A (138)
4. Cicero North Syracuse (154)
5. Camden A (197)
kate!

Post by kate! »

syo_astro wrote:
kate! wrote:Eastern Long Island C Regionals Results:
1. Ward Melville A (31)
3. Commack A (154)
5. Ward Melville B (179)

Props to Ward as usual....Did Islip not make it? :O
Well, Hauppage got 6th after Ward B so they must have made it. Hauppage beat Islip by 1 point and I'm not quite sure how many teams are allowed to go to states, so maybe, maybe not. I just did top 5 because most people who post results of stuff do that?
syo_astro
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by syo_astro »

kate! wrote: Well, Hauppage got 6th after Ward B so they must have made it. Hauppage beat Islip by 1 point and I'm not quite sure how many teams are allowed to go to states, so maybe, maybe not. I just did top 5 because most people who post results of stuff do that?
Yeah, fair, just personally curious / surprised. It really depends who posts, but sometimes people also post who's going to states (which obvs if you're not sure nbd). I would've figured ELI also had enough to send 6, but no guarantee of that true.
Flavorflav
Has thanked: 0

Post by Flavorflav »

ELI got six, the sixth being Hauppauge. Islip did not make it.
islipscioly
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by islipscioly »

The top six schools make it to states. Since Ward Melville had two teams in the top five, the B team does not go. Islip is the last team from ELI that will represent the region at states.
kate!

Post by kate! »

islipscioly wrote:The top six schools make it to states. Since Ward Melville had two teams in the top five, the B team does not go. Islip is the last team from ELI that will represent the region at states.
Oh, okay. Thanks for the clarification! I'll update that in my results post.

Return to “2019 Regionals & States”