Idaho 2019

knightmoves

Re: Idaho 2019

Post by knightmoves »

Tailsfan101 wrote: My HS coach seems to think it's allowed, and she's very knowledgeable about SO. While soinc.org says teams may only compete in one Division at a school, my coach says that's per competition, and you can change the roster between competitions.
You can change the roster between competitions. That's fine, but is different from having the same student compete on two different teams in a season.
The national policy is here: https://www.soinc.org/start-team/team-size-grade-levels

It contains the statement "Any student can compete at only one Division level (either Division B or C, not both) at a single school."
Tailsfan101
Division: Grad
State: ID

Post by Tailsfan101 »

The Idaho state director has said it's allowed for me to switch Divisions between the two competitions.

Anyway, here are the full scores:
Division B
Division C
"Blessed are you when people insult you and persecute you, and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of Me. Rejoice and be glad, for your reward in heaven is great; for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you." Matthew 5:11-12

I have no regrets.
dxu46
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: C
State: MO
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by dxu46 »

Tailsfan101 wrote:The Idaho state director has said it's allowed for me to switch Divisions between the two competitions.

Anyway, here are the full scores:
Division B
Division C
Still, I'd ask the national committee just in case. Your state director isn't part of it (according to https://www.soinc.org/about/national-committees) so they might not be the last word. Don't get me wrong, I want you to go to nats, but I don't want a whole team being disqualified.
Ask chalker or bear, they're easily accessible.

Return to “2019 Regionals & States”