Idaho 2019

knightmoves

Re: Idaho 2019

Post by knightmoves » April 14th, 2019, 6:51 pm

Tailsfan101 wrote: My HS coach seems to think it's allowed, and she's very knowledgeable about SO. While soinc.org says teams may only compete in one Division at a school, my coach says that's per competition, and you can change the roster between competitions.
You can change the roster between competitions. That's fine, but is different from having the same student compete on two different teams in a season.
The national policy is here: https://www.soinc.org/start-team/team-size-grade-levels

It contains the statement "Any student can compete at only one Division level (either Division B or C, not both) at a single school."

Tailsfan101
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: C
State: ID
Location: Philippians 3:20a "For our citizenship is in heaven"

Post by Tailsfan101 » April 15th, 2019, 7:03 am

The Idaho state director has said it's allowed for me to switch Divisions between the two competitions.

Anyway, here are the full scores:
Division B
Division C
2016-2020 Treasure Valley Homeschool Wiki
2021 possible events: Disease Detectives, Designer Genes, Protein Modeling, Geologic Mapping, Write It Do It, Codebusters

Mini-Inv./Nebo/North JH
DD: 1/3/-
GLM: 1/1/-
DG: 1/1/-
PM: 1/2/1
WIDI: 2/-/-
Code: 2/-/-

Assassinator for games #118 and 136

dxu46
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: C
State: MO
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by dxu46 » April 15th, 2019, 7:32 am

Tailsfan101 wrote:The Idaho state director has said it's allowed for me to switch Divisions between the two competitions.

Anyway, here are the full scores:
Division B
Division C
Still, I'd ask the national committee just in case. Your state director isn't part of it (according to https://www.soinc.org/about/national-committees) so they might not be the last word. Don't get me wrong, I want you to go to nats, but I don't want a whole team being disqualified.
Ask chalker or bear, they're easily accessible.

Return to “2019 Regionals & States”