dxu46
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: C
State: MO
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Re: NorCal 2019

Post by dxu46 »

Honestly all 3 division C teams probably got within 10 points of each other, Palo Alto was surprisingly low (I thought they'd get 2nd if not 1st)
NorCalplaya
State: CA
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by NorCalplaya »

The difference between 1st and 2nd was 11 points and difference between 2nd and 3rd was 11 points
Scrambledeggs
Been thanked: 0

Post by Scrambledeggs »

does anybody have the full results?
2019 - 2020 Events: Water Quality, Ornithology, Dynamic Planet, Ping pong parachute
SOPomo

Post by SOPomo »

Scrambledeggs wrote:does anybody have the full results?
Coaches do. Palo alto was 22 behind for 3rd, but had a 23 in wright and a 27 in write it do it. Brutal
jaggie34
Division: Grad
State: GA

Post by jaggie34 »

SOPomo wrote:
Scrambledeggs wrote:does anybody have the full results?
Coaches do. Palo alto was 22 behind for 3rd, but had a 23 in wright and a 27 in write it do it. Brutal
What about Mira Loma and Mountsin View?
Boca Raton High School -> Georgia Tech
It's About Time writer/co-writer: Golden Gate, Georgia States
Ping Pong Parachute co-ES: MIT
Florida Game On C and Fermi Questions C champion!
and Circuit Lab too I guess
mnoga

Re: State Tournament Results

Post by mnoga »

Dohnnovan wrote:Northern California B
1. Kennedy
2. Churchill
3. Thornton

Northern California C
1. Mira Loma
2. Mountain View
3. Palo Alto
Top Four and scores listed and results were very close. As someone mentioned, Palo Alto bombed two events. Mira Loma and Mtn View were very steady, but Mira Loma had several 1st place scores while Mtn View only had one. Mtn View had several 2nd place scores however. With Kennedy feeding Month Vista talent, they seem to be coming on strong also.

Mira Loma 97
Mtn View 108
Palo Alto 119
Monta Vista 123
onoga17
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by onoga17 »

As of this post, I could not find the score sheet online. However, this should hold everyone over for a while:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=19BoCG ... QU9bCOyP_t

I hate to keep on beating the dead horse, but with the rise of Mountain View and Monta Vista in addition to Palo Alto, NorCal is becoming increasingly competitive. It is almost criminal that only a single team out of one of the nation's most competitive states is allowed to advance to Nationals.
TheSquaad

Post by TheSquaad »

onoga17 wrote:As of this post, I could not find the score sheet online. However, this should hold everyone over for a while:

I hate to keep on beating the dead horse, but with the rise of Mountain View and Monta Vista in addition to Palo Alto, NorCal is becoming increasingly competitive. It is almost criminal that only a single team out of one of the nation's most competitive states is allowed to advance to Nationals.
Perhaps nationals will expand to 65 teams in future years to give people in competitive states more opportunities to make nats (Each half of cal and Texas come to mind)
Riptide
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: TX

Post by Riptide »

TheSquaad wrote:
onoga17 wrote:As of this post, I could not find the score sheet online. However, this should hold everyone over for a while:

Perhaps nationals will expand to 65 teams in future years to give people in competitive states more opportunities to make nats (Each half of cal and Texas come to mind)
Even if it expands to 65, California will not receive any more bids until every state has 2 teams unless soinc changes their stance on the national bid system.
UC Berkeley
Seven Lakes High School '19
jaggie34
State: GA

Post by jaggie34 »

Riptide wrote:
TheSquaad wrote:

Even if it expands to 65, California will not receive any more bids until every state has 2 teams unless soinc changes their stance on the national bid system.
California is basically split into two states, though, so if more bids were added they could just act as if they were individual states and provide either with an extra bid dependent on the number of teams.
Boca Raton High School -> Georgia Tech
It's About Time writer/co-writer: Golden Gate, Georgia States
Ping Pong Parachute co-ES: MIT
Florida Game On C and Fermi Questions C champion!
and Circuit Lab too I guess

Return to “2019 Regionals & States”