NorCal 2019

User avatar
dxu46
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Posts: 798
Joined: April 11th, 2017, 6:55 pm
Division: C
State: MO
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: NorCal 2019

Post by dxu46 » April 6th, 2019, 6:01 pm

Honestly all 3 division C teams probably got within 10 points of each other, Palo Alto was surprisingly low (I thought they'd get 2nd if not 1st)

NorCalplaya
Member
Member
Posts: 16
Joined: April 6th, 2019, 6:26 pm
Division: C
State: CA
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: NorCal 2019

Post by NorCalplaya » April 6th, 2019, 6:50 pm

The difference between 1st and 2nd was 11 points and difference between 2nd and 3rd was 11 points

User avatar
Scrambledeggs
Member
Member
Posts: 31
Joined: March 11th, 2019, 8:27 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: NorCal 2019

Post by Scrambledeggs » April 6th, 2019, 8:20 pm

does anybody have the full results?
2019 - 2020 Events: Water Quality, Ornithology, Dynamic Planet, Ping pong parachute

SOPomo
Member
Member
Posts: 119
Joined: March 7th, 2016, 12:38 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: NorCal 2019

Post by SOPomo » April 6th, 2019, 8:35 pm

Scrambledeggs wrote:does anybody have the full results?
Coaches do. Palo alto was 22 behind for 3rd, but had a 23 in wright and a 27 in write it do it. Brutal

jaggie34
Member
Member
Posts: 101
Joined: November 30th, 2018, 10:40 am
Division: C
State: FL
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 29 times

Re: NorCal 2019

Post by jaggie34 » April 6th, 2019, 8:52 pm

SOPomo wrote:
Scrambledeggs wrote:does anybody have the full results?
Coaches do. Palo alto was 22 behind for 3rd, but had a 23 in wright and a 27 in write it do it. Brutal
What about Mira Loma and Mountsin View?
Boca Raton Community High School
Events: Circuit Lab, Machines, Ping Pong Parachute, Codebusters
Florida Game On C and Fermi Questions C champion (until they come back :D )
I like circuits :idea:
Click here to meet my hero!

User avatar
mnoga
Member
Member
Posts: 109
Joined: March 19th, 2015, 6:12 pm
Division: C
State: CA
Location: Los Altos, CA
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: State Tournament Results

Post by mnoga » April 6th, 2019, 9:43 pm

Dohnnovan wrote:Northern California B
1. Kennedy
2. Churchill
3. Thornton

Northern California C
1. Mira Loma
2. Mountain View
3. Palo Alto
Top Four and scores listed and results were very close. As someone mentioned, Palo Alto bombed two events. Mira Loma and Mtn View were very steady, but Mira Loma had several 1st place scores while Mtn View only had one. Mtn View had several 2nd place scores however. With Kennedy feeding Month Vista talent, they seem to be coming on strong also.

Mira Loma 97
Mtn View 108
Palo Alto 119
Monta Vista 123

User avatar
onoga17
Member
Member
Posts: 12
Joined: February 5th, 2019, 10:32 pm
Division: C
State: CA
Location: Santa Barbara
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: NorCal 2019

Post by onoga17 » April 7th, 2019, 1:45 pm

As of this post, I could not find the score sheet online. However, this should hold everyone over for a while:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=19BoCG ... QU9bCOyP_t

I hate to keep on beating the dead horse, but with the rise of Mountain View and Monta Vista in addition to Palo Alto, NorCal is becoming increasingly competitive. It is almost criminal that only a single team out of one of the nation's most competitive states is allowed to advance to Nationals.

User avatar
TheSquaad
Member
Member
Posts: 164
Joined: March 18th, 2017, 5:14 pm
Division: Grad
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: NorCal 2019

Post by TheSquaad » April 7th, 2019, 1:55 pm

onoga17 wrote:As of this post, I could not find the score sheet online. However, this should hold everyone over for a while:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=19BoCG ... QU9bCOyP_t

I hate to keep on beating the dead horse, but with the rise of Mountain View and Monta Vista in addition to Palo Alto, NorCal is becoming increasingly competitive. It is almost criminal that only a single team out of one of the nation's most competitive states is allowed to advance to Nationals.
Perhaps nationals will expand to 65 teams in future years to give people in competitive states more opportunities to make nats (Each half of cal and Texas come to mind)

User avatar
Riptide
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Posts: 197
Joined: December 4th, 2017, 7:09 pm
Division: Grad
State: TX
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
Contact:

Re: NorCal 2019

Post by Riptide » April 7th, 2019, 2:09 pm

TheSquaad wrote:
onoga17 wrote:As of this post, I could not find the score sheet online. However, this should hold everyone over for a while:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=19BoCG ... QU9bCOyP_t

I hate to keep on beating the dead horse, but with the rise of Mountain View and Monta Vista in addition to Palo Alto, NorCal is becoming increasingly competitive. It is almost criminal that only a single team out of one of the nation's most competitive states is allowed to advance to Nationals.
Perhaps nationals will expand to 65 teams in future years to give people in competitive states more opportunities to make nats (Each half of cal and Texas come to mind)
Even if it expands to 65, California will not receive any more bids until every state has 2 teams unless soinc changes their stance on the national bid system.
UC Berkeley '23
Seven Lakes High School '19

jaggie34
Member
Member
Posts: 101
Joined: November 30th, 2018, 10:40 am
Division: C
State: FL
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 29 times

Re: NorCal 2019

Post by jaggie34 » April 7th, 2019, 2:36 pm

Riptide wrote:
TheSquaad wrote:
onoga17 wrote:As of this post, I could not find the score sheet online. However, this should hold everyone over for a while:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=19BoCG ... QU9bCOyP_t

I hate to keep on beating the dead horse, but with the rise of Mountain View and Monta Vista in addition to Palo Alto, NorCal is becoming increasingly competitive. It is almost criminal that only a single team out of one of the nation's most competitive states is allowed to advance to Nationals.
Perhaps nationals will expand to 65 teams in future years to give people in competitive states more opportunities to make nats (Each half of cal and Texas come to mind)
Even if it expands to 65, California will not receive any more bids until every state has 2 teams unless soinc changes their stance on the national bid system.
California is basically split into two states, though, so if more bids were added they could just act as if they were individual states and provide either with an extra bid dependent on the number of teams.
Boca Raton Community High School
Events: Circuit Lab, Machines, Ping Pong Parachute, Codebusters
Florida Game On C and Fermi Questions C champion (until they come back :D )
I like circuits :idea:
Click here to meet my hero!

Post Reply

Return to “2019 Regionals & States”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest