2019 National Tournament: Cornell University

waffletree
Division: C
State: PA

Re: 2019 National Tournament: Cornell University

Postby waffletree » May 3rd, 2019, 11:02 am

ah yes, i just loved playing with my broken towers
i always find a pile of dead towers or boomis at the end of the season and spend like half an hour snapping them (so satisfying)
builder cult vp // #treegang

coachchuckaahs
Division: B
State: NM

Postby coachchuckaahs » May 3rd, 2019, 12:15 pm

I have 4 year of planes and heli's from my teams. Can't bear to toss them, too many good memories! But they sure take up space!

Coach Chuck
Coach, Albuquerque Area Home Schoolers Flying Events
Nationals Results:
2016 C WS 8th place
2018 B WS 2nd place
2018 C Heli Champion
2019 B ELG 3rd place
2019 C WS Champion
AMA Results: 3 AAHS members qualify for US Jr Team in F1D, 4 new youth senior records

TheChiScientist
Division: Grad
State: IL

Postby TheChiScientist » May 3rd, 2019, 12:31 pm

I have 4 year of planes and heli's from my teams. Can't bear to toss them, too many good memories! But they sure take up space!

Coach Chuck
Hehe. Still got my bridge from 2015 intact... Same with the mostly intact boomilevers. Always store your builds if possible.
A Science Olympian from 2015 - 2019
Medal Count:30 8-)
School:Crystal Lake Central High School Wiki
Assassinator #119 and Co-Conspirator in #120
President of The Builder Cult. Builders rise up!

bernard
Administrator
Administrator
State: WA

Postby bernard » May 3rd, 2019, 2:39 pm

Coach Chuck
Hehe. Still got my bridge from 2015 intact... Same with the mostly intact boomilevers. Always store your builds if possible.
I think I have a bridge in the time capsule I put together at end of high school. I think it might be due for opening this year.
"One of the ways that I believe people express their appreciation to the rest of humanity is to make something wonderful and put it out there."

chalker
State: OH

Postby chalker » May 3rd, 2019, 6:31 pm

Coach Chuck
I think I have a bridge in the time capsule I put together at end of high school. I think it might be due for opening this year.
I've still got an intact bridge from circa 1993 which got me a bronze at nationals;)

Student Alumni
National Event Supervisor
National Physical Sciences Rules Committee Chair

builderguy135
Division: C
State: NJ

Postby builderguy135 » May 3rd, 2019, 6:36 pm

I've still got an intact bridge from circa 1993 which got me a bronze at nationals;)
Out of interest, how did the nats medals look back then lol
HSN '22 & DMAH Co-Captain
6-time medalist in Nationals 2019
2020 Events: Detector/PPP/Sounds/Wright

bernard
Administrator
Administrator

Postby bernard » May 3rd, 2019, 7:25 pm

"Intact bridge"--he's bragging about hold all the free-flowing material. :P
"One of the ways that I believe people express their appreciation to the rest of humanity is to make something wonderful and put it out there."

chalker
State: OH

Postby chalker » May 4th, 2019, 5:55 pm

Out of interest, how did the nats medals look back then lol
That's a good question.. I hadn't ever directly compared them, so I just dug out a gold/silver/bronze from the 1993-1994 era, and took a photo comparing them to 'current' gold/silver/bronze medals. The design has change a bit. The modern medals are a bit bigger diameter and significantly thicker than the old ones, as is the lanyard they are attached to. The 'Sponsored by DuPont' text is now engraved on the backside.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AiDNRgPxV7d-iI8nqo_SqUQZTQGmwg

Student Alumni
National Event Supervisor
National Physical Sciences Rules Committee Chair

bernard
Administrator
Administrator

Postby bernard » May 5th, 2019, 3:16 pm

If someone can fill in the missing qualifiers on Cornell University 2019 Wiki, I'll get Prediction Contest running shortly.

19alekb
Division: B
State: IL

Postby 19alekb » May 5th, 2019, 3:49 pm

If someone can fill in the missing qualifiers on Cornell University 2019 Wiki, I'll get Prediction Contest running shortly.
Div B is fully filled in, I think.

Return to “2019 Nationals”