Way Too Early Predictions

Locked
Anomaly
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Posts: 622
Joined: February 17th, 2017, 10:46 am
Division: C
State: PA
Location: probably somewhere crying

Way Too Early Predictions

Post by Anomaly » December 13th, 2018, 7:31 pm

cause two people are fighting over making this thread.

Div B.
1. dwjhs or solon or someone like that


Div C.
1. prob solon


edit: omg lol i forgot troy existed ahahahaha
Last edited by Anomaly on December 13th, 2018, 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Orefield MS SO 2015-2018, Parkland HS SO 2019-2020
Medal/Ribbon Count
Invitational: 25
Regional: 16
State: 7
y o i n k s
Events: Anatomy and Physiology, Codebusters, Designer Genes, Protein Modeling

Paypog
Member
Member
Posts: 140
Joined: February 26th, 2018, 1:22 pm
Division: C
State: PA
Location: Somewhere tryna sleep

Re: Way Too Early Predictions

Post by Paypog » December 13th, 2018, 7:39 pm

Alright... Here we go:

Div B
1.) Solon
2.) Daniel Wright
3.) Community
4.) Kennedy
5.) Springhouse
6.) Piedmont
7.) Meads Mill
8.) Beckendorff
9.) Jeffrey Trail
10.) Longfellow

Div C
1.) Troy
2.) Mason
3.) Harriton
4.) Solon
5.) Mounds View
6.) Seven Lakes
7.) Mira Loma
8.) WWPHSN
9.) Acton‐Boxborough Regional
10.) William G Enloe

Hmm. If you recognize these exact placements from somewhere else, just know that these predictions are completely original. I definitely did not just take last year's nationals results and copy and paste them because I'm lazy. Nope. Not at all.
2018 Events: Anatomy (Big oof), Ecology (Mild oof), Experimental Design( :D :D ), Herpetology (Mild oof)
2019 Events: Anatomy (oof), Experimental Design (oof), Herpetology (oof), Circuit Lab (oof)
2020 Events: Anatomy, Ornithology, Ping-Pong Parachute

Carpenter
Member
Member
Posts: 6
Joined: December 13th, 2018, 7:32 pm
Division: C
State: NJ

Re: Way Too Early Predictions

Post by Carpenter » December 13th, 2018, 8:09 pm

Division C Predictions

1. Troy
2. Harriton
3. Solon
4. Mason
5. Clements
6. Mounds View
7, Mira Loma
8. WWPN
9. Acton-Boxborough
10. Northville

Some things to note:
-Troy is Troy.
-Mason is still definitely a powerhouse team, but I don't really see them beating Troy this year, or even making it into the top three places. The senior class that graduated last year was very strong, and I don't see them performing as strong this year.
-Clements, Seven Lakes, and LASA always seem pretty neck and neck at this time of the year, but I honestly see Clements making it out on top of Texas. Like Mason, Seven Lakes has also lost a ton of good seniors, so they may not be as strong either. Between LASA and Clements, Clements got 2nd at state last year and only lost by a small margin to Seven Lakes, which is why I give the edge to Clements.

chopchpp
Member
Member
Posts: 14
Joined: January 23rd, 2018, 6:21 pm
Division: C
State: OH

Re: Way Too Early Predictions

Post by chopchpp » December 16th, 2018, 9:38 am

Idk, just because Troy placed first at Northview doesn't imply that they'll place first at Nats too. It's too early into the season to tell, altho them and boca looked really good

Umaroth
Member
Member
Posts: 176
Joined: February 10th, 2018, 8:51 pm
Division: C
State: CA
Location: Kraemer Room 504, Troy Room 909, or studying at my dining table

Re: Way Too Early Predictions

Post by Umaroth » December 16th, 2018, 9:52 am

chopchpp wrote:Idk, just because Troy placed first at Northview doesn't imply that they'll place first at Nats too. It's too early into the season to tell, altho them and boca looked really good
Can't tell if you're kidding or not, but they're referring to Troy SoCal
Troy SciOly 2019-present
The Ambassador
Kraemer SciOly Padre 2018-present
Dank Memes Area Homeschool Juggernaut 2018-present
Kraemer SciOly Pretty-Much Head Coach 2019-present
2020 Tryouts: Circuit, Code, Detector, DP, GeoMaps, Machines
Regionals and GGSO Events: Code, Detector, DP

Umaroth's Userpage

FermiGod
Member
Member
Posts: 27
Joined: May 22nd, 2018, 8:20 pm

Re: Way Too Early Predictions

Post by FermiGod » December 16th, 2018, 1:23 pm

Carpenter wrote:Division C Predictions

1. Troy
2. Harriton
3. Solon
4. Mason
5. Clements
6. Mounds View
7, Mira Loma
8. WWPN
9. Acton-Boxborough
10. Northville

Some things to note:
-Troy is Troy.
-Mason is still definitely a powerhouse team, but I don't really see them beating Troy this year, or even making it into the top three places. The senior class that graduated last year was very strong, and I don't see them performing as strong this year.
-Clements, Seven Lakes, and LASA always seem pretty neck and neck at this time of the year, but I honestly see Clements making it out on top of Texas. Like Mason, Seven Lakes has also lost a ton of good seniors, so they may not be as strong either. Between LASA and Clements, Clements got 2nd at state last year and only lost by a small margin to Seven Lakes, which is why I give the edge to Clements.
1. Troy
2. Mason
3. Solon
4. Harriton
5. New Trier
6. Mounds View
7. LASA
8. Mira Loma
9. WWPN
10. Acton Box Burrow

User avatar
TheChiScientist
Member
Member
Posts: 701
Joined: March 11th, 2018, 11:25 am
Division: Grad
State: IL
Location: Suffering in a college class

Re: Way Too Early Predictions

Post by TheChiScientist » December 16th, 2018, 6:31 pm

FermiGod wrote:
Carpenter wrote:Division C Predictions

1. Troy
2. Harriton
3. Solon
4. Mason
5. Clements
6. Mounds View
7, Mira Loma
8. WWPN
9. Acton-Boxborough
10. Northville

Some things to note:
-Troy is Troy.
-Mason is still definitely a powerhouse team, but I don't really see them beating Troy this year, or even making it into the top three places. The senior class that graduated last year was very strong, and I don't see them performing as strong this year.
-Clements, Seven Lakes, and LASA always seem pretty neck and neck at this time of the year, but I honestly see Clements making it out on top of Texas. Like Mason, Seven Lakes has also lost a ton of good seniors, so they may not be as strong either. Between LASA and Clements, Clements got 2nd at state last year and only lost by a small margin to Seven Lakes, which is why I give the edge to Clements.
1. Troy
2. Mason
3. Solon
4. Harriton
5. New Trier
6. Mounds View
7. LASA
8. Mira Loma
9. WWPN
10. Acton Box Burrow
1. Troy
2. Mason
3. Solon
4. Harriton
5. Mounds View
6. LASA
7. Mira Loma
8. WWPN
9. Acton Box Burrow
10. Stevenson or New Trier... (Stevenson has been edging out NT up here in IL but we will see who comes out on top)
A Science Olympian from 2015 - 2019 CLCSO Alumni
Medal Count:30
IL PPP/Mission Assistant State Supervisor.
CLC Div. B Tournament Director.
President of The Builder Cult.
"A true Science Olympian embraces a life without Science Olympiad by becoming a part of Science Olympiad itself"- Me

User avatar
whythelongface
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Posts: 326
Joined: March 12th, 2017, 7:42 pm
Division: Grad
State: NJ
Location: 705 kilometers overhead

Re: Way Too Early Predictions

Post by whythelongface » December 17th, 2018, 12:06 pm

My C Predictions:
1. Mason
2. Troy
3. Harriton
4. Solon
5. New Trier
6. LASA
7. Mira Loma
8. Acton-Boxborough
9. Mounds View
10. WWPS

Keep in mind that these predictions aren't really based off anything except what I want them to be. Clearly, WWPN is the flavor of the year, but both NJ teams have really strong people and I don't know for certain whether one definitely beats the other. Even factors like how the state tournament is run may change which team gets the Nationals bid. Which is why NJ should get two bids.

Also, there is very little chance that Mason beats Troy, but let me dream, okay?!

It's too early to tell for most other schools, since I don't really know NT, MV, and Mira Loma very well.
WEST WINDSOR-PLAINSBORO HIGH SCHOOL SOUTH '18
EMORY UNIVERSITY '22
SONT 2017 5th Place Medalist [Microbe Mission]

"One little Sciolyer left all alone,
He went out and hanged himself and then there were none."

Congratulations to WW-P South for winning 14th place at Nationals!

FermiGod
Member
Member
Posts: 27
Joined: May 22nd, 2018, 8:20 pm

Re: Way Too Early Predictions

Post by FermiGod » December 18th, 2018, 7:16 am

whythelongface wrote:My C Predictions:
1. Mason
2. Troy
3. Harriton
4. Solon
5. New Trier
6. LASA
7. Mira Loma
8. Acton-Boxborough
9. Mounds View
10. WWPS

Keep in mind that these predictions aren't really based off anything except what I want them to be. Clearly, WWPN is the flavor of the year, but both NJ teams have really strong people and I don't know for certain whether one definitely beats the other. Even factors like how the state tournament is run may change which team gets the Nationals bid. Which is why NJ should get two bids.

Also, there is very little chance that Mason beats Troy, but let me dream, okay?!

It's too early to tell for most other schools, since I don't really know NT, MV, and Mira Loma very well.
I feel like Troy will still come out on top. Mason second because as said their seniors left. I also think Enloe May pull a top 10? But I also think WWPN will still be the one from NJ.

User avatar
whythelongface
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Posts: 326
Joined: March 12th, 2017, 7:42 pm
Division: Grad
State: NJ
Location: 705 kilometers overhead

Re: Way Too Early Predictions

Post by whythelongface » December 18th, 2018, 10:13 am

FermiGod wrote: I feel like Troy will still come out on top. Mason second because as said their seniors left. I also think Enloe May pull a top 10? But I also think WWPN will still be the one from NJ.
Really it depends on whether South can get their act together with builds. South generally performs similarly or better than North in study events. The reason South lost last year is because South builds are usually pretty average in comparison with North and Montgomery builds.

Definitely agree with Troy getting first, but only time will tell.
WEST WINDSOR-PLAINSBORO HIGH SCHOOL SOUTH '18
EMORY UNIVERSITY '22
SONT 2017 5th Place Medalist [Microbe Mission]

"One little Sciolyer left all alone,
He went out and hanged himself and then there were none."

Congratulations to WW-P South for winning 14th place at Nationals!

Locked

Return to “2019 Nationals”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest