Way Too Early Predictions

Locked
Pettywap
Member
Member
Posts: 109
Joined: November 4th, 2017, 11:15 am
Division: C
State: PA
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Way Too Early Predictions

Post by Pettywap » March 11th, 2019, 6:25 pm

kate! wrote:
nicksalanitri wrote:Here's my B division prediction for 2019! Lmk what you think!

1) Beckendorff
2) Marie Murphy
3) PJ Gelinas
4) Piedmont
5) SSA
6) Solon
7) Bay Academy
8) Community
9) Springhouse
10) Eagle Hill

(Mainly based off invitational results)
I really hope you're joking because uh. This is not accurate at all. First of all, why do you think Beckendorff's going to win? Yes, they'll be top 10, but I really doubt that they're strong enough to win. Have you seen their Cornell results? Second, why is Marie Murphy so high? Again, they're a very good team and they performed wonderfully at regionals, but I certainly don't think they're good enough to be 2nd. We'll see once IL states happens. Plus, they haven't been to any competitions where they've competed against Daniel Wright. Third, I agree that Gelinas is definitely someone to watch out for this year, and they might just be good enough to be this high, but not in this lineup. If the other teams were accurate I might agree with you more. Fourth, why is Piedmont so high? Again, they are a strong team, and they usually perform much better later in the season, but I don't think they'll be able to beat the teams you placed them above. I agree that they'll be top 10 though. We'll see. Fifth, SSA could have the potential to place highly, and I can see them in the top 10, but it depends on a lot of factors. They did exceptionally well at West Liberty/Salem and Cornell, but I don't think that's enough to put them as 5th. Sixth, why is Solon so low? This is the main problem I'm seeing with these predictions. Yes, maybe Solon has been beaten by several teams at several invitationals this year, but that's not indicative of their states or nationals performance. They're definitely going to bounce back and they're definitely going to place higher than this. They are a strong, consistent team, and if they don't bomb anything too badly, they might just be able to win. Seventh, I don't even know where to start with this. Bay Academy? Really? I mean, sure, they have the potential to make nationals, and sure, they have the potential to be top 15, but there is no way they're getting top 10. I'm sorry, but I don't think they have enough experience with national-level tests and competitions, even though they've competed with national-level teams. Also, again with the lineup. There is absolutely, positively, no way they will beat Community. That leads me to my next point. Eighth, why is Community so low? At every competition, they've out-performed themselves as one of, if not the singular best team in the country. They've gotten high scores at every invitational they've been to and beaten their competitors by moderate to large margins. They should be placed in the top 5, if not top 3. Ninth, this is honestly the only point I agree with you on. Springhouse is still a strong team, but they're far weaker than last year, allowing themselves to be beaten by teams they destroyed last year. We'll see though, they could always bounce back, though it's not likely. Tenth, seriously? I hope you're kidding, not to mention that you included 3 New York teams. Eagle Hill, in a good year, will be in the top 15, and this is not a good year for them. They got 13th at Cornell, and even though they get better later in the season like Piedmont, I really don't see this happening. They've become a lot weaker in the past couple of years, and this year is not magically going to boost them back up to the status they had in 2017. Also, my eleventh point, where's Daniel Wright? I know everyone thinks they're not as good this year, but they absolutely have the potential to be top 10. Though invitational results have shown them to be relatively weak, this has been blown way out of proportion. They haven't been compared with the right teams and therefore haven't been given a chance to excel in competition as best they can. IL states will show you how good they are. Twelfth, what happened to the California teams? I feel like you may have forgotten about the West Coast, because Kennedy has been outstanding in the past two years. They got 4th at nationals last year. 4th. They set the bar for themselves in doing that, and they have surpassed themselves at their invitationals. They should show up in the top 5 of everyone's predictions. They've only been underestimated because they haven't been competing with East Coast teams, which makes it seem like the East Coast teams are better, and I beg to differ. Same goes for the SoCal teams. Both Jeffrey Trail and Kraemer have shown prowess in their competitions, especially against each other. At their regionals, the difference was a mere 12 points. At Mira Loma Invitational, Kraemer came in second place, losing only to Kennedy. The same thing happened to Jeffrey Trail at Mesa-Wilson. My point is, you shouldn't underestimate anyone, because even though they may not have competed with your East Coast teams, they still may be better. And overall, your predictions need some work. Take more competitions into account, and use a better method of comparing scores. Maybe next time you'll be accurate.
... and thanks for coming to my ted talk.
"Who's Fettywap?"

Anomaly
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Posts: 636
Joined: February 17th, 2017, 10:46 am
Division: C
State: PA
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
Location: probably somewhere crying
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Way Too Early Predictions

Post by Anomaly » March 11th, 2019, 6:26 pm

kate! wrote:
nicksalanitri wrote:Here's my B division prediction for 2019! Lmk what you think!

1) Beckendorff
2) Marie Murphy
3) PJ Gelinas
4) Piedmont
5) SSA
6) Solon
7) Bay Academy
8) Community
9) Springhouse
10) Eagle Hill

(Mainly based off invitational results)
I really hope you're joking because uh. This is not accurate at all. First of all, why do you think Beckendorff's going to win? Yes, they'll be top 10, but I really doubt that they're strong enough to win. Have you seen their Cornell results? Second, why is Marie Murphy so high? Again, they're a very good team and they performed wonderfully at regionals, but I certainly don't think they're good enough to be 2nd. We'll see once IL states happens. Plus, they haven't been to any competitions where they've competed against Daniel Wright. Third, I agree that Gelinas is definitely someone to watch out for this year, and they might just be good enough to be this high, but not in this lineup. If the other teams were accurate I might agree with you more. Fourth, why is Piedmont so high? Again, they are a strong team, and they usually perform much better later in the season, but I don't think they'll be able to beat the teams you placed them above. I agree that they'll be top 10 though. We'll see. Fifth, SSA could have the potential to place highly, and I can see them in the top 10, but it depends on a lot of factors. They did exceptionally well at West Liberty/Salem and Cornell, but I don't think that's enough to put them as 5th. Sixth, why is Solon so low? This is the main problem I'm seeing with these predictions. Yes, maybe Solon has been beaten by several teams at several invitationals this year, but that's not indicative of their states or nationals performance. They're definitely going to bounce back and they're definitely going to place higher than this. They are a strong, consistent team, and if they don't bomb anything too badly, they might just be able to win. Seventh, I don't even know where to start with this. Bay Academy? Really? I mean, sure, they have the potential to make nationals, and sure, they have the potential to be top 15, but there is no way they're getting top 10. I'm sorry, but I don't think they have enough experience with national-level tests and competitions, even though they've competed with national-level teams. Also, again with the lineup. There is absolutely, positively, no way they will beat Community. That leads me to my next point. Eighth, why is Community so low? At every competition, they've out-performed themselves as one of, if not the singular best team in the country. They've gotten high scores at every invitational they've been to and beaten their competitors by moderate to large margins. They should be placed in the top 5, if not top 3. Ninth, this is honestly the only point I agree with you on. Springhouse is still a strong team, but they're far weaker than last year, allowing themselves to be beaten by teams they destroyed last year. We'll see though, they could always bounce back, though it's not likely. Tenth, seriously? I hope you're kidding, not to mention that you included 3 New York teams. Eagle Hill, in a good year, will be in the top 15, and this is not a good year for them. They got 13th at Cornell, and even though they get better later in the season like Piedmont, I really don't see this happening. They've become a lot weaker in the past couple of years, and this year is not magically going to boost them back up to the status they had in 2017. Also, my eleventh point, where's Daniel Wright? I know everyone thinks they're not as good this year, but they absolutely have the potential to be top 10. Though invitational results have shown them to be relatively weak, this has been blown way out of proportion. They haven't been compared with the right teams and therefore haven't been given a chance to excel in competition as best they can. IL states will show you how good they are. Twelfth, what happened to the California teams? I feel like you may have forgotten about the West Coast, because Kennedy has been outstanding in the past two years. They got 4th at nationals last year. 4th. They set the bar for themselves in doing that, and they have surpassed themselves at their invitationals. They should show up in the top 5 of everyone's predictions. They've only been underestimated because they haven't been competing with East Coast teams, which makes it seem like the East Coast teams are better, and I beg to differ. Same goes for the SoCal teams. Both Jeffrey Trail and Kraemer have shown prowess in their competitions, especially against each other. At their regionals, the difference was a mere 12 points. At Mira Loma Invitational, Kraemer came in second place, losing only to Kennedy. The same thing happened to Jeffrey Trail at Mesa-Wilson. My point is, you shouldn't underestimate anyone, because even though they may not have competed with your East Coast teams, they still may be better. And overall, your predictions need some work. Take more competitions into account, and use a better method of comparing scores. Maybe next time you'll be accurate.
wow thats a lot of writing for a meme prediction
Orefield MS SO 2015-2018, Parkland HS SO 2019-2020
Medal/Ribbon Count
Invitational: 25
Regional: 16
State: 7
y o i n k s
Events: Anatomy and Physiology, Codebusters, Designer Genes, Protein Modeling

User avatar
dxu46
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Posts: 798
Joined: April 11th, 2017, 6:55 pm
Division: C
State: MO
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Way Too Early Predictions

Post by dxu46 » March 11th, 2019, 6:26 pm

kate! wrote:
nicksalanitri wrote:Here's my B division prediction for 2019! Lmk what you think!

1) Beckendorff
2) Marie Murphy
3) PJ Gelinas
4) Piedmont
5) SSA
6) Solon
7) Bay Academy
8) Community
9) Springhouse
10) Eagle Hill

(Mainly based off invitational results)
I really hope you're joking because uh. This is not accurate at all. First of all, why do you think Beckendorff's going to win? Yes, they'll be top 10, but I really doubt that they're strong enough to win. Have you seen their Cornell results? Second, why is Marie Murphy so high? Again, they're a very good team and they performed wonderfully at regionals, but I certainly don't think they're good enough to be 2nd. We'll see once IL states happens. Plus, they haven't been to any competitions where they've competed against Daniel Wright. Third, I agree that Gelinas is definitely someone to watch out for this year, and they might just be good enough to be this high, but not in this lineup. If the other teams were accurate I might agree with you more. Fourth, why is Piedmont so high? Again, they are a strong team, and they usually perform much better later in the season, but I don't think they'll be able to beat the teams you placed them above. I agree that they'll be top 10 though. We'll see. Fifth, SSA could have the potential to place highly, and I can see them in the top 10, but it depends on a lot of factors. They did exceptionally well at West Liberty/Salem and Cornell, but I don't think that's enough to put them as 5th. Sixth, why is Solon so low? This is the main problem I'm seeing with these predictions. Yes, maybe Solon has been beaten by several teams at several invitationals this year, but that's not indicative of their states or nationals performance. They're definitely going to bounce back and they're definitely going to place higher than this. They are a strong, consistent team, and if they don't bomb anything too badly, they might just be able to win. Seventh, I don't even know where to start with this. Bay Academy? Really? I mean, sure, they have the potential to make nationals, and sure, they have the potential to be top 15, but there is no way they're getting top 10. I'm sorry, but I don't think they have enough experience with national-level tests and competitions, even though they've competed with national-level teams. Also, again with the lineup. There is absolutely, positively, no way they will beat Community. That leads me to my next point. Eighth, why is Community so low? At every competition, they've out-performed themselves as one of, if not the singular best team in the country. They've gotten high scores at every invitational they've been to and beaten their competitors by moderate to large margins. They should be placed in the top 5, if not top 3. Ninth, this is honestly the only point I agree with you on. Springhouse is still a strong team, but they're far weaker than last year, allowing themselves to be beaten by teams they destroyed last year. We'll see though, they could always bounce back, though it's not likely. Tenth, seriously? I hope you're kidding, not to mention that you included 3 New York teams. Eagle Hill, in a good year, will be in the top 15, and this is not a good year for them. They got 13th at Cornell, and even though they get better later in the season like Piedmont, I really don't see this happening. They've become a lot weaker in the past couple of years, and this year is not magically going to boost them back up to the status they had in 2017. Also, my eleventh point, where's Daniel Wright? I know everyone thinks they're not as good this year, but they absolutely have the potential to be top 10. Though invitational results have shown them to be relatively weak, this has been blown way out of proportion. They haven't been compared with the right teams and therefore haven't been given a chance to excel in competition as best they can. IL states will show you how good they are. Twelfth, what happened to the California teams? I feel like you may have forgotten about the West Coast, because Kennedy has been outstanding in the past two years. They got 4th at nationals last year. 4th. They set the bar for themselves in doing that, and they have surpassed themselves at their invitationals. They should show up in the top 5 of everyone's predictions. They've only been underestimated because they haven't been competing with East Coast teams, which makes it seem like the East Coast teams are better, and I beg to differ. Same goes for the SoCal teams. Both Jeffrey Trail and Kraemer have shown prowess in their competitions, especially against each other. At their regionals, the difference was a mere 12 points. At Mira Loma Invitational, Kraemer came in second place, losing only to Kennedy. The same thing happened to Jeffrey Trail at Mesa-Wilson. My point is, you shouldn't underestimate anyone, because even though they may not have competed with your East Coast teams, they still may be better. And overall, your predictions need some work. Take more competitions into account, and use a better method of comparing scores. Maybe next time you'll be accurate.
TL;DR

User avatar
builderguy135
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Posts: 682
Joined: September 8th, 2018, 12:24 pm
Division: C
State: NJ
Pronouns: He/Him/His
Has thanked: 29 times
Been thanked: 17 times

Re: Way Too Early Predictions

Post by builderguy135 » March 11th, 2019, 6:27 pm

kate! wrote:
nicksalanitri wrote:Here's my B division prediction for 2019! Lmk what you think!

1) Beckendorff
2) Marie Murphy
3) PJ Gelinas
4) Piedmont
5) SSA
6) Solon
7) Bay Academy
8) Community
9) Springhouse
10) Eagle Hill

(Mainly based off invitational results)
I really hope you're joking because uh. This is not accurate at all. First of all, why do you think Beckendorff's going to win? Yes, they'll be top 10, but I really doubt that they're strong enough to win. Have you seen their Cornell results? Second, why is Marie Murphy so high? Again, they're a very good team and they performed wonderfully at regionals, but I certainly don't think they're good enough to be 2nd. We'll see once IL states happens. Plus, they haven't been to any competitions where they've competed against Daniel Wright. Third, I agree that Gelinas is definitely someone to watch out for this year, and they might just be good enough to be this high, but not in this lineup. If the other teams were accurate I might agree with you more. Fourth, why is Piedmont so high? Again, they are a strong team, and they usually perform much better later in the season, but I don't think they'll be able to beat the teams you placed them above. I agree that they'll be top 10 though. We'll see. Fifth, SSA could have the potential to place highly, and I can see them in the top 10, but it depends on a lot of factors. They did exceptionally well at West Liberty/Salem and Cornell, but I don't think that's enough to put them as 5th. Sixth, why is Solon so low? This is the main problem I'm seeing with these predictions. Yes, maybe Solon has been beaten by several teams at several invitationals this year, but that's not indicative of their states or nationals performance. They're definitely going to bounce back and they're definitely going to place higher than this. They are a strong, consistent team, and if they don't bomb anything too badly, they might just be able to win. Seventh, I don't even know where to start with this. Bay Academy? Really? I mean, sure, they have the potential to make nationals, and sure, they have the potential to be top 15, but there is no way they're getting top 10. I'm sorry, but I don't think they have enough experience with national-level tests and competitions, even though they've competed with national-level teams. Also, again with the lineup. There is absolutely, positively, no way they will beat Community. That leads me to my next point. Eighth, why is Community so low? At every competition, they've out-performed themselves as one of, if not the singular best team in the country. They've gotten high scores at every invitational they've been to and beaten their competitors by moderate to large margins. They should be placed in the top 5, if not top 3. Ninth, this is honestly the only point I agree with you on. Springhouse is still a strong team, but they're far weaker than last year, allowing themselves to be beaten by teams they destroyed last year. We'll see though, they could always bounce back, though it's not likely. Tenth, seriously? I hope you're kidding, not to mention that you included 3 New York teams. Eagle Hill, in a good year, will be in the top 15, and this is not a good year for them. They got 13th at Cornell, and even though they get better later in the season like Piedmont, I really don't see this happening. They've become a lot weaker in the past couple of years, and this year is not magically going to boost them back up to the status they had in 2017. Also, my eleventh point, where's Daniel Wright? I know everyone thinks they're not as good this year, but they absolutely have the potential to be top 10. Though invitational results have shown them to be relatively weak, this has been blown way out of proportion. They haven't been compared with the right teams and therefore haven't been given a chance to excel in competition as best they can. IL states will show you how good they are. Twelfth, what happened to the California teams? I feel like you may have forgotten about the West Coast, because Kennedy has been outstanding in the past two years. They got 4th at nationals last year. 4th. They set the bar for themselves in doing that, and they have surpassed themselves at their invitationals. They should show up in the top 5 of everyone's predictions. They've only been underestimated because they haven't been competing with East Coast teams, which makes it seem like the East Coast teams are better, and I beg to differ. Same goes for the SoCal teams. Both Jeffrey Trail and Kraemer have shown prowess in their competitions, especially against each other. At their regionals, the difference was a mere 12 points. At Mira Loma Invitational, Kraemer came in second place, losing only to Kennedy. The same thing happened to Jeffrey Trail at Mesa-Wilson. My point is, you shouldn't underestimate anyone, because even though they may not have competed with your East Coast teams, they still may be better. And overall, your predictions need some work. Take more competitions into account, and use a better method of comparing scores. Maybe next time you'll be accurate.
Your essay doesn't have structured paragraphs.


B-
HSN '22
7-time Nats medalist
2020 Sounds MIT, Princeton, States Champion
2020 (and probably 2021 :( ) Events: PPP/Sounds/Wright/Code
My Userpage

User avatar
builderguy135
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Posts: 682
Joined: September 8th, 2018, 12:24 pm
Division: C
State: NJ
Pronouns: He/Him/His
Has thanked: 29 times
Been thanked: 17 times

Re: Way Too Early Predictions

Post by builderguy135 » March 11th, 2019, 6:28 pm

dxu46 wrote:
kate! wrote:
nicksalanitri wrote:Here's my B division prediction for 2019! Lmk what you think!

1) Beckendorff
2) Marie Murphy
3) PJ Gelinas
4) Piedmont
5) SSA
6) Solon
7) Bay Academy
8) Community
9) Springhouse
10) Eagle Hill

(Mainly based off invitational results)
I really hope you're joking because uh. This is not accurate at all. First of all, why do you think Beckendorff's going to win? Yes, they'll be top 10, but I really doubt that they're strong enough to win. Have you seen their Cornell results? Second, why is Marie Murphy so high? Again, they're a very good team and they performed wonderfully at regionals, but I certainly don't think they're good enough to be 2nd. We'll see once IL states happens. Plus, they haven't been to any competitions where they've competed against Daniel Wright. Third, I agree that Gelinas is definitely someone to watch out for this year, and they might just be good enough to be this high, but not in this lineup. If the other teams were accurate I might agree with you more. Fourth, why is Piedmont so high? Again, they are a strong team, and they usually perform much better later in the season, but I don't think they'll be able to beat the teams you placed them above. I agree that they'll be top 10 though. We'll see. Fifth, SSA could have the potential to place highly, and I can see them in the top 10, but it depends on a lot of factors. They did exceptionally well at West Liberty/Salem and Cornell, but I don't think that's enough to put them as 5th. Sixth, why is Solon so low? This is the main problem I'm seeing with these predictions. Yes, maybe Solon has been beaten by several teams at several invitationals this year, but that's not indicative of their states or nationals performance. They're definitely going to bounce back and they're definitely going to place higher than this. They are a strong, consistent team, and if they don't bomb anything too badly, they might just be able to win. Seventh, I don't even know where to start with this. Bay Academy? Really? I mean, sure, they have the potential to make nationals, and sure, they have the potential to be top 15, but there is no way they're getting top 10. I'm sorry, but I don't think they have enough experience with national-level tests and competitions, even though they've competed with national-level teams. Also, again with the lineup. There is absolutely, positively, no way they will beat Community. That leads me to my next point. Eighth, why is Community so low? At every competition, they've out-performed themselves as one of, if not the singular best team in the country. They've gotten high scores at every invitational they've been to and beaten their competitors by moderate to large margins. They should be placed in the top 5, if not top 3. Ninth, this is honestly the only point I agree with you on. Springhouse is still a strong team, but they're far weaker than last year, allowing themselves to be beaten by teams they destroyed last year. We'll see though, they could always bounce back, though it's not likely. Tenth, seriously? I hope you're kidding, not to mention that you included 3 New York teams. Eagle Hill, in a good year, will be in the top 15, and this is not a good year for them. They got 13th at Cornell, and even though they get better later in the season like Piedmont, I really don't see this happening. They've become a lot weaker in the past couple of years, and this year is not magically going to boost them back up to the status they had in 2017. Also, my eleventh point, where's Daniel Wright? I know everyone thinks they're not as good this year, but they absolutely have the potential to be top 10. Though invitational results have shown them to be relatively weak, this has been blown way out of proportion. They haven't been compared with the right teams and therefore haven't been given a chance to excel in competition as best they can. IL states will show you how good they are. Twelfth, what happened to the California teams? I feel like you may have forgotten about the West Coast, because Kennedy has been outstanding in the past two years. They got 4th at nationals last year. 4th. They set the bar for themselves in doing that, and they have surpassed themselves at their invitationals. They should show up in the top 5 of everyone's predictions. They've only been underestimated because they haven't been competing with East Coast teams, which makes it seem like the East Coast teams are better, and I beg to differ. Same goes for the SoCal teams. Both Jeffrey Trail and Kraemer have shown prowess in their competitions, especially against each other. At their regionals, the difference was a mere 12 points. At Mira Loma Invitational, Kraemer came in second place, losing only to Kennedy. The same thing happened to Jeffrey Trail at Mesa-Wilson. My point is, you shouldn't underestimate anyone, because even though they may not have competed with your East Coast teams, they still may be better. And overall, your predictions need some work. Take more competitions into account, and use a better method of comparing scores. Maybe next time you'll be accurate.
TL;DR
TL;DR:
You're wrong and this is why.
HSN '22
7-time Nats medalist
2020 Sounds MIT, Princeton, States Champion
2020 (and probably 2021 :( ) Events: PPP/Sounds/Wright/Code
My Userpage

User avatar
IvanGe
Member
Member
Posts: 199
Joined: September 29th, 2016, 1:56 pm
Division: C
State: NY
Location: Ward Melville
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Way Too Early Predictions

Post by IvanGe » March 11th, 2019, 6:28 pm

kate! wrote:
nicksalanitri wrote:Here's my B division prediction for 2019! Lmk what you think!

1) Beckendorff
2) Marie Murphy
3) PJ Gelinas
4) Piedmont
5) SSA
6) Solon
7) Bay Academy
8) Community
9) Springhouse
10) Eagle Hill

(Mainly based off invitational results)
I really hope you're joking because uh. This is not accurate at all. First of all, why do you think Beckendorff's going to win? Yes, they'll be top 10, but I really doubt that they're strong enough to win. Have you seen their Cornell results? Second, why is Marie Murphy so high? Again, they're a very good team and they performed wonderfully at regionals, but I certainly don't think they're good enough to be 2nd. We'll see once IL states happens. Plus, they haven't been to any competitions where they've competed against Daniel Wright. Third, I agree that Gelinas is definitely someone to watch out for this year, and they might just be good enough to be this high, but not in this lineup. If the other teams were accurate I might agree with you more. Fourth, why is Piedmont so high? Again, they are a strong team, and they usually perform much better later in the season, but I don't think they'll be able to beat the teams you placed them above. I agree that they'll be top 10 though. We'll see. Fifth, SSA could have the potential to place highly, and I can see them in the top 10, but it depends on a lot of factors. They did exceptionally well at West Liberty/Salem and Cornell, but I don't think that's enough to put them as 5th. Sixth, why is Solon so low? This is the main problem I'm seeing with these predictions. Yes, maybe Solon has been beaten by several teams at several invitationals this year, but that's not indicative of their states or nationals performance. They're definitely going to bounce back and they're definitely going to place higher than this. They are a strong, consistent team, and if they don't bomb anything too badly, they might just be able to win. Seventh, I don't even know where to start with this. Bay Academy? Really? I mean, sure, they have the potential to make nationals, and sure, they have the potential to be top 15, but there is no way they're getting top 10. I'm sorry, but I don't think they have enough experience with national-level tests and competitions, even though they've competed with national-level teams. Also, again with the lineup. There is absolutely, positively, no way they will beat Community. That leads me to my next point. Eighth, why is Community so low? At every competition, they've out-performed themselves as one of, if not the singular best team in the country. They've gotten high scores at every invitational they've been to and beaten their competitors by moderate to large margins. They should be placed in the top 5, if not top 3. Ninth, this is honestly the only point I agree with you on. Springhouse is still a strong team, but they're far weaker than last year, allowing themselves to be beaten by teams they destroyed last year. We'll see though, they could always bounce back, though it's not likely. Tenth, seriously? I hope you're kidding, not to mention that you included 3 New York teams. Eagle Hill, in a good year, will be in the top 15, and this is not a good year for them. They got 13th at Cornell, and even though they get better later in the season like Piedmont, I really don't see this happening. They've become a lot weaker in the past couple of years, and this year is not magically going to boost them back up to the status they had in 2017. Also, my eleventh point, where's Daniel Wright? I know everyone thinks they're not as good this year, but they absolutely have the potential to be top 10. Though invitational results have shown them to be relatively weak, this has been blown way out of proportion. They haven't been compared with the right teams and therefore haven't been given a chance to excel in competition as best they can. IL states will show you how good they are. Twelfth, what happened to the California teams? I feel like you may have forgotten about the West Coast, because Kennedy has been outstanding in the past two years. They got 4th at nationals last year. 4th. They set the bar for themselves in doing that, and they have surpassed themselves at their invitationals. They should show up in the top 5 of everyone's predictions. They've only been underestimated because they haven't been competing with East Coast teams, which makes it seem like the East Coast teams are better, and I beg to differ. Same goes for the SoCal teams. Both Jeffrey Trail and Kraemer have shown prowess in their competitions, especially against each other. At their regionals, the difference was a mere 12 points. At Mira Loma Invitational, Kraemer came in second place, losing only to Kennedy. The same thing happened to Jeffrey Trail at Mesa-Wilson. My point is, you shouldn't underestimate anyone, because even though they may not have competed with your East Coast teams, they still may be better. And overall, your predictions need some work. Take more competitions into account, and use a better method of comparing scores. Maybe next time you'll be accurate.

nationals keynote speaker right here
gelinas 2016-2019, wmhs'22

nats '19:
5th - potions
5th - fossils
9th - buggy

wzhang5460
Member
Member
Posts: 89
Joined: April 29th, 2017, 3:53 pm
Division: B
State: NY
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Way Too Early Predictions

Post by wzhang5460 » March 11th, 2019, 6:28 pm

kate! wrote:
nicksalanitri wrote:Here's my B division prediction for 2019! Lmk what you think!

1) Beckendorff
2) Marie Murphy
3) PJ Gelinas
4) Piedmont
5) SSA
6) Solon
7) Bay Academy
8) Community
9) Springhouse
10) Eagle Hill

(Mainly based off invitational results)
I really hope you're joking because uh. This is not accurate at all. First of all, why do you think Beckendorff's going to win? Yes, they'll be top 10, but I really doubt that they're strong enough to win. Have you seen their Cornell results? Second, why is Marie Murphy so high? Again, they're a very good team and they performed wonderfully at regionals, but I certainly don't think they're good enough to be 2nd. We'll see once IL states happens. Plus, they haven't been to any competitions where they've competed against Daniel Wright. Third, I agree that Gelinas is definitely someone to watch out for this year, and they might just be good enough to be this high, but not in this lineup. If the other teams were accurate I might agree with you more. Fourth, why is Piedmont so high? Again, they are a strong team, and they usually perform much better later in the season, but I don't think they'll be able to beat the teams you placed them above. I agree that they'll be top 10 though. We'll see. Fifth, SSA could have the potential to place highly, and I can see them in the top 10, but it depends on a lot of factors. They did exceptionally well at West Liberty/Salem and Cornell, but I don't think that's enough to put them as 5th. Sixth, why is Solon so low? This is the main problem I'm seeing with these predictions. Yes, maybe Solon has been beaten by several teams at several invitationals this year, but that's not indicative of their states or nationals performance. They're definitely going to bounce back and they're definitely going to place higher than this. They are a strong, consistent team, and if they don't bomb anything too badly, they might just be able to win. Seventh, I don't even know where to start with this. Bay Academy? Really? I mean, sure, they have the potential to make nationals, and sure, they have the potential to be top 15, but there is no way they're getting top 10. I'm sorry, but I don't think they have enough experience with national-level tests and competitions, even though they've competed with national-level teams. Also, again with the lineup. There is absolutely, positively, no way they will beat Community. That leads me to my next point. Eighth, why is Community so low? At every competition, they've out-performed themselves as one of, if not the singular best team in the country. They've gotten high scores at every invitational they've been to and beaten their competitors by moderate to large margins. They should be placed in the top 5, if not top 3. Ninth, this is honestly the only point I agree with you on. Springhouse is still a strong team, but they're far weaker than last year, allowing themselves to be beaten by teams they destroyed last year. We'll see though, they could always bounce back, though it's not likely. Tenth, seriously? I hope you're kidding, not to mention that you included 3 New York teams. Eagle Hill, in a good year, will be in the top 15, and this is not a good year for them. They got 13th at Cornell, and even though they get better later in the season like Piedmont, I really don't see this happening. They've become a lot weaker in the past couple of years, and this year is not magically going to boost them back up to the status they had in 2017. Also, my eleventh point, where's Daniel Wright? I know everyone thinks they're not as good this year, but they absolutely have the potential to be top 10. Though invitational results have shown them to be relatively weak, this has been blown way out of proportion. They haven't been compared with the right teams and therefore haven't been given a chance to excel in competition as best they can. IL states will show you how good they are. Twelfth, what happened to the California teams? I feel like you may have forgotten about the West Coast, because Kennedy has been outstanding in the past two years. They got 4th at nationals last year. 4th. They set the bar for themselves in doing that, and they have surpassed themselves at their invitationals. They should show up in the top 5 of everyone's predictions. They've only been underestimated because they haven't been competing with East Coast teams, which makes it seem like the East Coast teams are better, and I beg to differ. Same goes for the SoCal teams. Both Jeffrey Trail and Kraemer have shown prowess in their competitions, especially against each other. At their regionals, the difference was a mere 12 points. At Mira Loma Invitational, Kraemer came in second place, losing only to Kennedy. The same thing happened to Jeffrey Trail at Mesa-Wilson. My point is, you shouldn't underestimate anyone, because even though they may not have competed with your East Coast teams, they still may be better. And overall, your predictions need some work. Take more competitions into account, and use a better method of comparing scores. Maybe next time you'll be accurate.
Thank you for this work of art. Beautifully written to the verge of tears.
Circuit Lab NY State Champion with legendary circuitologist Eric Wang
LONGEST DEFENDING ROCKS AND MINERALS REGIONAL CHAMPION OF EASTERN LONG ISLAND IN HISTORY ~3 YEARS AND COUNTING

MattChina
Member
Member
Posts: 225
Joined: February 12th, 2017, 8:06 am
Division: B
State: NY
Location: somewhere over the rainbow
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Way Too Early Predictions

Post by MattChina » March 11th, 2019, 6:30 pm

kate! wrote:
nicksalanitri wrote:Here's my B division prediction for 2019! Lmk what you think!

1) Beckendorff
2) Marie Murphy
3) PJ Gelinas
4) Piedmont
5) SSA
6) Solon
7) Bay Academy
8) Community
9) Springhouse
10) Eagle Hill

(Mainly based off invitational results)
I really hope you're joking because uh. This is not accurate at all. First of all, why do you think Beckendorff's going to win? Yes, they'll be top 10, but I really doubt that they're strong enough to win. Have you seen their Cornell results? Second, why is Marie Murphy so high? Again, they're a very good team and they performed wonderfully at regionals, but I certainly don't think they're good enough to be 2nd. We'll see once IL states happens. Plus, they haven't been to any competitions where they've competed against Daniel Wright. Third, I agree that Gelinas is definitely someone to watch out for this year, and they might just be good enough to be this high, but not in this lineup. If the other teams were accurate I might agree with you more. Fourth, why is Piedmont so high? Again, they are a strong team, and they usually perform much better later in the season, but I don't think they'll be able to beat the teams you placed them above. I agree that they'll be top 10 though. We'll see. Fifth, SSA could have the potential to place highly, and I can see them in the top 10, but it depends on a lot of factors. They did exceptionally well at West Liberty/Salem and Cornell, but I don't think that's enough to put them as 5th. Sixth, why is Solon so low? This is the main problem I'm seeing with these predictions. Yes, maybe Solon has been beaten by several teams at several invitationals this year, but that's not indicative of their states or nationals performance. They're definitely going to bounce back and they're definitely going to place higher than this. They are a strong, consistent team, and if they don't bomb anything too badly, they might just be able to win. Seventh, I don't even know where to start with this. Bay Academy? Really? I mean, sure, they have the potential to make nationals, and sure, they have the potential to be top 15, but there is no way they're getting top 10. I'm sorry, but I don't think they have enough experience with national-level tests and competitions, even though they've competed with national-level teams. Also, again with the lineup. There is absolutely, positively, no way they will beat Community. That leads me to my next point. Eighth, why is Community so low? At every competition, they've out-performed themselves as one of, if not the singular best team in the country. They've gotten high scores at every invitational they've been to and beaten their competitors by moderate to large margins. They should be placed in the top 5, if not top 3. Ninth, this is honestly the only point I agree with you on. Springhouse is still a strong team, but they're far weaker than last year, allowing themselves to be beaten by teams they destroyed last year. We'll see though, they could always bounce back, though it's not likely. Tenth, seriously? I hope you're kidding, not to mention that you included 3 New York teams. Eagle Hill, in a good year, will be in the top 15, and this is not a good year for them. They got 13th at Cornell, and even though they get better later in the season like Piedmont, I really don't see this happening. They've become a lot weaker in the past couple of years, and this year is not magically going to boost them back up to the status they had in 2017. Also, my eleventh point, where's Daniel Wright? I know everyone thinks they're not as good this year, but they absolutely have the potential to be top 10. Though invitational results have shown them to be relatively weak, this has been blown way out of proportion. They haven't been compared with the right teams and therefore haven't been given a chance to excel in competition as best they can. IL states will show you how good they are. Twelfth, what happened to the California teams? I feel like you may have forgotten about the West Coast, because Kennedy has been outstanding in the past two years. They got 4th at nationals last year. 4th. They set the bar for themselves in doing that, and they have surpassed themselves at their invitationals. They should show up in the top 5 of everyone's predictions. They've only been underestimated because they haven't been competing with East Coast teams, which makes it seem like the East Coast teams are better, and I beg to differ. Same goes for the SoCal teams. Both Jeffrey Trail and Kraemer have shown prowess in their competitions, especially against each other. At their regionals, the difference was a mere 12 points. At Mira Loma Invitational, Kraemer came in second place, losing only to Kennedy. The same thing happened to Jeffrey Trail at Mesa-Wilson. My point is, you shouldn't underestimate anyone, because even though they may not have competed with your East Coast teams, they still may be better. And overall, your predictions need some work. Take more competitions into account, and use a better method of comparing scores. Maybe next time you'll be accurate.
Chill
2019 events: Water Quality, Battery Buggy, Elastic Launch Glider, Density Lab, Circuit Lab, Thermodynamics
R.C Murphy Co-Captain
Dank Memes Area Homeschool Team member

waffletree
Member
Member
Posts: 235
Joined: March 28th, 2018, 2:30 pm
Division: C
State: PA
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Way Too Early Predictions

Post by waffletree » March 11th, 2019, 6:37 pm

kate! wrote:
nicksalanitri wrote:Here's my B division prediction for 2019! Lmk what you think!

1) Beckendorff
2) Marie Murphy
3) PJ Gelinas
4) Piedmont
5) SSA
6) Solon
7) Bay Academy
8) Community
9) Springhouse
10) Eagle Hill

(Mainly based off invitational results)
I really hope you're joking because uh. This is not accurate at all. First of all, why do you think Beckendorff's going to win? Yes, they'll be top 10, but I really doubt that they're strong enough to win. Have you seen their Cornell results? Second, why is Marie Murphy so high? Again, they're a very good team and they performed wonderfully at regionals, but I certainly don't think they're good enough to be 2nd. We'll see once IL states happens. Plus, they haven't been to any competitions where they've competed against Daniel Wright. Third, I agree that Gelinas is definitely someone to watch out for this year, and they might just be good enough to be this high, but not in this lineup. If the other teams were accurate I might agree with you more. Fourth, why is Piedmont so high? Again, they are a strong team, and they usually perform much better later in the season, but I don't think they'll be able to beat the teams you placed them above. I agree that they'll be top 10 though. We'll see. Fifth, SSA could have the potential to place highly, and I can see them in the top 10, but it depends on a lot of factors. They did exceptionally well at West Liberty/Salem and Cornell, but I don't think that's enough to put them as 5th. Sixth, why is Solon so low? This is the main problem I'm seeing with these predictions. Yes, maybe Solon has been beaten by several teams at several invitationals this year, but that's not indicative of their states or nationals performance. They're definitely going to bounce back and they're definitely going to place higher than this. They are a strong, consistent team, and if they don't bomb anything too badly, they might just be able to win. Seventh, I don't even know where to start with this. Bay Academy? Really? I mean, sure, they have the potential to make nationals, and sure, they have the potential to be top 15, but there is no way they're getting top 10. I'm sorry, but I don't think they have enough experience with national-level tests and competitions, even though they've competed with national-level teams. Also, again with the lineup. There is absolutely, positively, no way they will beat Community. That leads me to my next point. Eighth, why is Community so low? At every competition, they've out-performed themselves as one of, if not the singular best team in the country. They've gotten high scores at every invitational they've been to and beaten their competitors by moderate to large margins. They should be placed in the top 5, if not top 3. Ninth, this is honestly the only point I agree with you on. Springhouse is still a strong team, but they're far weaker than last year, allowing themselves to be beaten by teams they destroyed last year. We'll see though, they could always bounce back, though it's not likely. Tenth, seriously? I hope you're kidding, not to mention that you included 3 New York teams. Eagle Hill, in a good year, will be in the top 15, and this is not a good year for them. They got 13th at Cornell, and even though they get better later in the season like Piedmont, I really don't see this happening. They've become a lot weaker in the past couple of years, and this year is not magically going to boost them back up to the status they had in 2017. Also, my eleventh point, where's Daniel Wright? I know everyone thinks they're not as good this year, but they absolutely have the potential to be top 10. Though invitational results have shown them to be relatively weak, this has been blown way out of proportion. They haven't been compared with the right teams and therefore haven't been given a chance to excel in competition as best they can. IL states will show you how good they are. Twelfth, what happened to the California teams? I feel like you may have forgotten about the West Coast, because Kennedy has been outstanding in the past two years. They got 4th at nationals last year. 4th. They set the bar for themselves in doing that, and they have surpassed themselves at their invitationals. They should show up in the top 5 of everyone's predictions. They've only been underestimated because they haven't been competing with East Coast teams, which makes it seem like the East Coast teams are better, and I beg to differ. Same goes for the SoCal teams. Both Jeffrey Trail and Kraemer have shown prowess in their competitions, especially against each other. At their regionals, the difference was a mere 12 points. At Mira Loma Invitational, Kraemer came in second place, losing only to Kennedy. The same thing happened to Jeffrey Trail at Mesa-Wilson. My point is, you shouldn't underestimate anyone, because even though they may not have competed with your East Coast teams, they still may be better. And overall, your predictions need some work. Take more competitions into account, and use a better method of comparing scores. Maybe next time you'll be accurate.
what an inspirational essay! :D :D
everyone must learn from this beautifully written argumentative piece
builder cult vp // #treegang

Paypog
Member
Member
Posts: 141
Joined: February 26th, 2018, 1:22 pm
Division: C
State: PA
Location: Somewhere tryna sleep
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 0

Re: Way Too Early Predictions

Post by Paypog » March 11th, 2019, 6:47 pm

kate! wrote:
nicksalanitri wrote:Here's my B division prediction for 2019! Lmk what you think!

1) Beckendorff
2) Marie Murphy
3) PJ Gelinas
4) Piedmont
5) SSA
6) Solon
7) Bay Academy
8) Community
9) Springhouse
10) Eagle Hill

(Mainly based off invitational results)
Plus, they haven't been to any competitions where they've competed against Daniel Wright.
This statement about Marie Murphy is actually incorrect. They competed at Centerville.
2018 Events: Anatomy (Big oof), Ecology (Mild oof), Experimental Design( :D :D ), Herpetology (Mild oof)
2019 Events: Anatomy (oof), Experimental Design (oof), Herpetology (oof), Circuit Lab (oof)
2020 Events: Anatomy, Ornithology, Ping-Pong Parachute

Locked

Return to “2019 Nationals”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests