Page 8 of 41

Re: Way Too Early Predictions

Posted: January 16th, 2019, 4:29 pm
by dxu46
Unome wrote: 16. Ladue
Unome wrote: 22. Pembroke Hill
What makes you say this?

Re: Way Too Early Predictions

Posted: January 16th, 2019, 4:44 pm
by Unome
thecatgod wrote:
Div B:
1. Solon
2. Kennedy
3. Daniel Wright
4. WW-P Community
5. Piedmont
6. Meads Mill
7. Beckendorff
8. Gelinas
9. Springhouse
10. Tower Heights
11. Highlands
12. Longfellow
13. Jeffrey Trail/Kraemer
14. MI team 2
15. Hamilton
16. Ladue
17. Marie Murphy
18. Bedford
19. Shady Side
20. Dodgen
21. Kealing
22. FSA
23. Bay Academy
24. Bedford
25. Chippewa
Did you accidentally put bedford twice? If so, who replaces them?
Fixed.
dxu46 wrote:
Unome wrote: 16. Ladue
Unome wrote: 22. Pembroke Hill
What makes you say this?
Guesses mostly.

Re: Way Too Early Predictions

Posted: January 16th, 2019, 5:35 pm
by Bread
Unome wrote:Div B:
1. Solon
2. Kennedy
3. Daniel Wright
4. WW-P Community
5. Piedmont
6. Meads Mill
7. Beckendorff
8. Gelinas
9. Springhouse
10. Tower Heights
11. Highlands
12. Longfellow
13. Jeffrey Trail/Kraemer
14. MI team 2
15. Hamilton
16. Ladue
17. Marie Murphy
18. Shady Side
19. Dodgen
20. Kealing
21. FSA
22. Bay Academy
23. Bedford
24. Chippewa
25. Fred J. Carnage
Aww, No div-B Indiana team getting top 25? Unlucky.
Unome wrote:1. Troy
2. Solon (pending future results, might move them up)
3. Mounds View (pay attention)
Also what makes you so confident in MV? Just curious.

Re: Way Too Early Predictions

Posted: January 16th, 2019, 5:35 pm
by kate!
Unome wrote:Div B:
1. Solon
2. Kennedy
3. Daniel Wright
4. WW-P Community
5. Piedmont
6. Meads Mill
7. Beckendorff
8. Gelinas
9. Springhouse
10. Tower Heights
11. Highlands
12. Longfellow
13. Jeffrey Trail/Kraemer
14. MI team 2
15. Hamilton
16. Ladue
17. Marie Murphy
18. Shady Side
19. Dodgen
20. Kealing
21. FSA
22. Bay Academy
23. Bedford
24. Chippewa
25. Fred J. Carnage
Though Springhouse is looking slightly weaker based on the invitational results we've seen so far, I think that's mostly because they're unstacked, and they'll definitely improve as the season goes on. Also, what makes you think that Kennedy will do that well? Personally, I think the SoCal team should be higher and Gelinas should be lower (they do look like they're doing well this season, but they can't possibly be doing better than they have for four years, especially without their former coach). And though Bay Academy has performed well at the invitationals they've gone to, those aren't really an adequate indicator as to who'll take the second New York bid. After all, the other three teams in the top 5 at states last year haven't competed with Gelinas/Bay Academy yet.

Re: Way Too Early Predictions

Posted: January 16th, 2019, 5:50 pm
by wzhang5460
kate! wrote:
Unome wrote:Div B:
1. Solon
2. Kennedy
3. Daniel Wright
4. WW-P Community
5. Piedmont
6. Meads Mill
7. Beckendorff
8. Gelinas
9. Springhouse
10. Tower Heights
11. Highlands
12. Longfellow
13. Jeffrey Trail/Kraemer
14. MI team 2
15. Hamilton
16. Ladue
17. Marie Murphy
18. Shady Side
19. Dodgen
20. Kealing
21. FSA
22. Bay Academy
23. Bedford
24. Chippewa
25. Fred J. Carnage
Though Springhouse is looking slightly weaker based on the invitational results we've seen so far, I think that's mostly because they're unstacked, and they'll definitely improve as the season goes on. Also, what makes you think that Kennedy will do that well? Personally, I think the SoCal team should be higher and Gelinas should be lower (they do look like they're doing well this season, but they can't possibly be doing better than they have for four years, especially without their former coach). And though Bay Academy has performed well at the invitationals they've gone to, those aren't really an adequate indicator as to who'll take the second New York bid. After all, the other three teams in the top 5 at states last year haven't competed with Gelinas/Bay Academy yet.
Springhouse was far from unstacked at Rustin. If you look at the results, Springhouse X got 3rd and Springhouse Y got 22nd. We'll see at Cornell how Gelinas, Eagle Hill, Goff, and Bay Academy compare at Cornell. Murphy's going to have a hard time at states considering they are not going to any invitationals this year.

Re: Way Too Early Predictions

Posted: January 16th, 2019, 5:55 pm
by sciolyperson1
wzhang5460 wrote:
kate! wrote:
Unome wrote:Div B:
1. Solon
2. Kennedy
3. Daniel Wright
4. WW-P Community
5. Piedmont
6. Meads Mill
7. Beckendorff
8. Gelinas
9. Springhouse
10. Tower Heights
11. Highlands
12. Longfellow
13. Jeffrey Trail/Kraemer
14. MI team 2
15. Hamilton
16. Ladue
17. Marie Murphy
18. Shady Side
19. Dodgen
20. Kealing
21. FSA
22. Bay Academy
23. Bedford
24. Chippewa
25. Fred J. Carnage
Though Springhouse is looking slightly weaker based on the invitational results we've seen so far, I think that's mostly because they're unstacked, and they'll definitely improve as the season goes on. Also, what makes you think that Kennedy will do that well? Personally, I think the SoCal team should be higher and Gelinas should be lower (they do look like they're doing well this season, but they can't possibly be doing better than they have for four years, especially without their former coach). And though Bay Academy has performed well at the invitationals they've gone to, those aren't really an adequate indicator as to who'll take the second New York bid. After all, the other three teams in the top 5 at states last year haven't competed with Gelinas/Bay Academy yet.
Springhouse was far from unstacked at Rustin. If you look at the results, Springhouse X got 3rd and Springhouse Y got 22nd. We'll see at Cornell how Gelinas, Eagle Hill, Goff, and Bay Academy compare at Cornell. Murphy's going to have a hard time at states considering they are not going to any invitationals this year.

I agree, Springhouse isn't doing nearly as good this year.
However, I would argue that Gelinas is definetly improving, and with three teams placing all very well, they're an easy favorite to win NY states.
Idk what you guys think about Community though, in my opinion, we're doing just as well as last year.

Re: Way Too Early Predictions

Posted: January 16th, 2019, 5:58 pm
by kate!
wzhang5460 wrote:
kate! wrote:
Unome wrote:Div B:
1. Solon
2. Kennedy
3. Daniel Wright
4. WW-P Community
5. Piedmont
6. Meads Mill
7. Beckendorff
8. Gelinas
9. Springhouse
10. Tower Heights
11. Highlands
12. Longfellow
13. Jeffrey Trail/Kraemer
14. MI team 2
15. Hamilton
16. Ladue
17. Marie Murphy
18. Shady Side
19. Dodgen
20. Kealing
21. FSA
22. Bay Academy
23. Bedford
24. Chippewa
25. Fred J. Carnage
Though Springhouse is looking slightly weaker based on the invitational results we've seen so far, I think that's mostly because they're unstacked, and they'll definitely improve as the season goes on. Also, what makes you think that Kennedy will do that well? Personally, I think the SoCal team should be higher and Gelinas should be lower (they do look like they're doing well this season, but they can't possibly be doing better than they have for four years, especially without their former coach). And though Bay Academy has performed well at the invitationals they've gone to, those aren't really an adequate indicator as to who'll take the second New York bid. After all, the other three teams in the top 5 at states last year haven't competed with Gelinas/Bay Academy yet.
Springhouse was far from unstacked at Rustin. If you look at the results, Springhouse X got 3rd and Springhouse Y got 22nd. We'll see at Cornell how Gelinas, Eagle Hill, Goff, and Bay Academy compare at Cornell. Murphy's going to have a hard time at states considering they are not going to any invitationals this year.
Fun fact: you don't need invitationals to do well. I've heard that Community didn't start going to invitationals until several years ago, and look how well they've done. Also, we didn't go to invitationals until a couple years ago either and we did well at states.
About Springhouse, okay, I didn't realize that, but they should still be a bit higher considering that they have a couple more invitationals to attend (I think?)

Re: Way Too Early Predictions

Posted: January 16th, 2019, 6:04 pm
by sciolyperson1
kate! wrote:
wzhang5460 wrote:
kate! wrote: Though Springhouse is looking slightly weaker based on the invitational results we've seen so far, I think that's mostly because they're unstacked, and they'll definitely improve as the season goes on. Also, what makes you think that Kennedy will do that well? Personally, I think the SoCal team should be higher and Gelinas should be lower (they do look like they're doing well this season, but they can't possibly be doing better than they have for four years, especially without their former coach). And though Bay Academy has performed well at the invitationals they've gone to, those aren't really an adequate indicator as to who'll take the second New York bid. After all, the other three teams in the top 5 at states last year haven't competed with Gelinas/Bay Academy yet.
Springhouse was far from unstacked at Rustin. If you look at the results, Springhouse X got 3rd and Springhouse Y got 22nd. We'll see at Cornell how Gelinas, Eagle Hill, Goff, and Bay Academy compare at Cornell. Murphy's going to have a hard time at states considering they are not going to any invitationals this year.
Fun fact: you don't need invitationals to do well. I've heard that Community didn't start going to invitationals until several years ago, and look how well they've done. Also, we didn't go to invitationals until a couple years ago either and we did well at states.
About Springhouse, okay, I didn't realize that, but they should still be a bit higher considering that they have a couple more invitationals to attend (I think?)
As a comparison, last year, Springhouse got 2nd and 5th at Rustin, unstacked.

Re: Way Too Early Predictions

Posted: January 16th, 2019, 6:17 pm
by Unome
kate! wrote:I've heard that Community didn't start going to invitationals until several years ago, and look how well they've done.
This is more like evidence why invitationals are very beneficial. They were 25th in 2015, 15th in 2016, 11th in 2017, and 3rd last year (their best finish since 2009).

Re: Way Too Early Predictions

Posted: January 16th, 2019, 6:19 pm
by kate!
Unome wrote:
kate! wrote:I've heard that Community didn't start going to invitationals until several years ago, and look how well they've done.
This is more like evidence why invitationals are very beneficial. They were 25th in 2015, 15th in 2016, 11th in 2017, and 3rd last year (their best finish since 2009).
The point I was trying to make was the opposite of that...
Murphy's not going to any invitationals and everyone thinks we're going to do horribly, and I was trying to explain that we don't need invitationals to do well at states, but thanks for providing actual evidence that we probably won't...