DuPont Team Enterprise Award Watch

User avatar
EastStroudsburg13
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 3116
Joined: January 17th, 2009, 7:32 am
Division: Grad
State: MD
Pronouns: He/Him/His
Location: At work trying to be a real adult
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 54 times
Contact:

Re: DuPont Team Enterprise Award Watch

Post by EastStroudsburg13 » April 29th, 2019, 8:15 am

To answer the earlier question, if only teams that did not make the last 3 tournaments were eligible, here would be the eligible teams (as of now):

B Division
Hamilton Middle School (MT)
Bob Miller Middle School (NV)
Northern Lights ABC (AK)
Conrad Schools of Science (DE)
Raymond Park Middle School (IN)
William Diamond Middle School (MA)
Waynflete School (ME)
Kraemer Middle School (SoCal)
Glasgow Middle School (LA)
Harlan Rowe Middle School (PA)
Wilmington Academy of Arts and Sciences (NC)

C Division
Academic Magnet High School (SC)
Cabell Midland High School (WV)
Staples High School (CT)
Pearl City High School (HI)
Pioneer High School (MI)
Legacy High School (ND)

Note that if we were to say that any school that has attended nationals before is ineligible, then Pioneer would become ineligible, as they qualified in 1994. That's part of why I wouldn't go that far back.
East Stroudsburg South Class of 2012, Alumnus of JT Lambert, Drexel University Class of 2017

Helpful Links
Wiki
Wiki Pages that Need Work
FAQ and SciOly FAQ Wiki
Chat (See IRC Wiki for more info)
BBCode Wiki


So long, and thanks for all the Future Dictator titles!

chalker
Member
Member
Posts: 2104
Joined: January 9th, 2009, 7:30 pm
Division: Grad
State: OH
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 40 times

Re: DuPont Team Enterprise Award Watch

Post by chalker » April 29th, 2019, 5:22 pm

FYI, because of the DuPont / Dow merger, the Award is now called the Corteva Agriscience Enterprise Award.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DowDuPont

Student Alumni
National Event Supervisor
National Physical Sciences Rules Committee Chair

PioBoy
Member
Member
Posts: 12
Joined: April 23rd, 2019, 6:24 pm
Division: C
State: MI
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: DuPont Team Enterprise Award Watch

Post by PioBoy » May 27th, 2019, 2:48 pm

Honestly, I'm thinking Dupont is down to Pioneer, Ward Melville, and Bayard Rustin. IDK who it'll be though.

User avatar
EastStroudsburg13
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 3116
Joined: January 17th, 2009, 7:32 am
Division: Grad
State: MD
Pronouns: He/Him/His
Location: At work trying to be a real adult
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 54 times
Contact:

Re: DuPont Team Enterprise Award Watch

Post by EastStroudsburg13 » May 27th, 2019, 8:29 pm

PioBoy wrote:Honestly, I'm thinking Dupont is down to Pioneer, Ward Melville, and Bayard Rustin. IDK who it'll be though.
I still think it's a 50/50 between WWPS and the field. If WWPS misses the top 10, they're the definite favorites. If they make the top 10, then it's most likely down to the three teams you mentioned.
East Stroudsburg South Class of 2012, Alumnus of JT Lambert, Drexel University Class of 2017

Helpful Links
Wiki
Wiki Pages that Need Work
FAQ and SciOly FAQ Wiki
Chat (See IRC Wiki for more info)
BBCode Wiki


So long, and thanks for all the Future Dictator titles!

19alekb
Member
Member
Posts: 98
Joined: April 21st, 2018, 6:13 am
Division: B
State: IL
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: DuPont Team Enterprise Award Watch

Post by 19alekb » May 28th, 2019, 1:10 pm

EastStroudsburg13 wrote:
PioBoy wrote:Honestly, I'm thinking Dupont is down to Pioneer, Ward Melville, and Bayard Rustin. IDK who it'll be though.
I still think it's a 50/50 between WWPS and the field. If WWPS misses the top 10, they're the definite favorites. If they make the top 10, then it's most likely down to the three teams you mentioned.
If Marie Murphy doesn't make top 10, they are almost definitely getting the award.

User avatar
kate!
Member
Member
Posts: 441
Joined: October 11th, 2017, 12:07 pm
Division: C
State: NY
Location: Ward Melville HS
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 0

Re: DuPont Team Enterprise Award Watch

Post by kate! » May 28th, 2019, 2:42 pm

19alekb wrote:
EastStroudsburg13 wrote:
PioBoy wrote:Honestly, I'm thinking Dupont is down to Pioneer, Ward Melville, and Bayard Rustin. IDK who it'll be though.
I still think it's a 50/50 between WWPS and the field. If WWPS misses the top 10, they're the definite favorites. If they make the top 10, then it's most likely down to the three teams you mentioned.
If Marie Murphy doesn't make top 10, they are almost definitely getting the award.
Same situation for Kraemer and Lakeshore. Maybe less so with Lakeshore, but definitely more so with Kraemer.
Two years ago I knew stuff about rocks, minerals, experiments, and ecosystems, yay!
Last year I knew stuff about amphibians, reptiles, freshwater, and more experiments, yay again!
Now I know stuff about oceanography, saltwater, birds, and fossils, yay for the third time!

NSCDS3RdCaptain
Member
Member
Posts: 51
Joined: March 6th, 2019, 6:10 pm
Division: Grad
State: IL
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: DuPont Team Enterprise Award Watch

Post by NSCDS3RdCaptain » June 2nd, 2019, 1:44 pm

Were you surprised that Marie Murphy neither got the DuPont Award nor placed in the top 10? It is worth noting that they were 1 point away from tying with Ladue and 9 points away from tying with Lakeshore.
Thermodynamics 3/26/x
Thermodynamics 7/ /x
Water Quality 3/ /x
Battery Buggy 1/2/x
Battery Buggy 2/ /x
Ecology 3/12/x
Optics 4/26/x
Density Lab 4/ /x

User avatar
kate!
Member
Member
Posts: 441
Joined: October 11th, 2017, 12:07 pm
Division: C
State: NY
Location: Ward Melville HS
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 0

Re: DuPont Team Enterprise Award Watch

Post by kate! » June 2nd, 2019, 3:37 pm

NSCDS3RdCaptain wrote:Were you surprised that Marie Murphy neither got the DuPont Award nor placed in the top 10? It is worth noting that they were 1 point away from tying with Ladue and 9 points away from tying with Lakeshore.
Personally I was not surprised that they didn't place top 10, as I knew Lakeshore was being underrated and would be in the top 10. About DuPont, however, I knew Ladue was a contender but didn't think they would get it or beat Marie Murphy. Like dxu said earlier, though, they didn't bomb builds and generally had a good day. I think if I had known that, I wouldn't have been surprised that they did so well. But I did think it would be close between 8th-12th and it certainly was.
Two years ago I knew stuff about rocks, minerals, experiments, and ecosystems, yay!
Last year I knew stuff about amphibians, reptiles, freshwater, and more experiments, yay again!
Now I know stuff about oceanography, saltwater, birds, and fossils, yay for the third time!

Post Reply

Return to “2019 Nationals”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests