bernard
Administrator
Administrator
Division: Grad
State: WA
Pronouns: He/Him/His

"Oldies But Goodies" Events

Post by bernard »

This thread is for "Oldies But Goodies" events that will be held on Friday, May, 31, 2019 at the Science Olympiad National Tournament at Cornell University, in Ithaca, NY.

These "Oldies But Goodies" events, which are different from the trial events, are: Name That Artifact (Div. B), What Are You Trying to Tell Me (Div. B), Periodic Table Quiz (Div. C), and Paper Airplane (Div. C). Rules for these events can be found here.
"One of the ways that I believe people express their appreciation to the rest of humanity is to make something wonderful and put it out there." – Steve Jobs
klastyioer
Division: C
State: PA
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers

Re: "Oldies But Goodies" Events

Post by klastyioer »

I'm doing paper airplanes at nats if i go (which i rly want to so i hope i can), so i wanted to make a thread where we can talk about any old but goodie events. Also I was wondering how paper airplanes was going for anyone whos practicing.

also i just realized i said trail lmaooo some mod, plz change that to trial my b
it's not about the medals; go out there and have fun. make progress, learn a few things and have one heck of a time; that's all that matters.

Check out Klastyioer's Userpage!
pb5754
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: NJ

Post by pb5754 »

viewtopic.php?f=237&t=9306&p=293974

You should probably ask a mod to a paper airplane subforum
West Windsor-Plainsboro High School South '21
2021 Nationals: Astronomy - 1st, Geologic Mapping - 1st, Team - 6th
EastStroudsburg13
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
Division: Grad

Post by EastStroudsburg13 »

This thread will be used for all the Oldies but Goodies events, since my estimation is that we will not need full trial event threads for them. First post edited to improve readability.
East Stroudsburg South Class of 2012, Alumnus of JT Lambert, Drexel University Class of 2017

Helpful Links
Wiki
Wiki Pages that Need Work
FAQ and SciOly FAQ Wiki
Chat (See IRC Wiki for more info)
BBCode Wiki

So long, and thanks for all the Future Dictator titles!
klastyioer

Post by klastyioer »

okay so ive got one question abt the paper airplane rules it says that theres a designated area to fly and it must be flown in that area. it also says the launch must b with one hand with no assistance from the other or any other person. what happens if you want to launch from higher up, will they allow like chairs or whatever?
it's not about the medals; go out there and have fun. make progress, learn a few things and have one heck of a time; that's all that matters.

builderguy135
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by builderguy135 »

klastyioer wrote:okay so ive got one question abt the paper airplane rules it says that theres a designated area to fly and it must be flown in that area. it also says the launch must b with one hand with no assistance from the other or any other person. what happens if you want to launch from higher up, will they allow like chairs or whatever?
I feel like they wouldn't let you do this. They dont allow this for gliders too.
West Windsor-Plainsboro High School North '22
BirdSO Co-Director
My Userpage
klastyioer

Post by klastyioer »

builderguy135 wrote:
klastyioer wrote:okay so ive got one question abt the paper airplane rules it says that theres a designated area to fly and it must be flown in that area. it also says the launch must b with one hand with no assistance from the other or any other person. what happens if you want to launch from higher up, will they allow like chairs or whatever?
I feel like they wouldn't let you do this. They dont allow this for gliders too.
lmao would it be cheating to have my partner lift me up so i can launch the plane

builderguy135
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by builderguy135 »

klastyioer wrote:
builderguy135 wrote:
lmao would it be cheating to have my partner lift me up so i can launch the plane
3000 iq play
West Windsor-Plainsboro High School North '22
BirdSO Co-Director
My Userpage
klastyioer

Post by klastyioer »

builderguy135 wrote:
klastyioer wrote:
builderguy135 wrote:
3000 iq play
ikr :?:

MadCow2357
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: RI

Post by MadCow2357 »

klastyioer wrote:
builderguy135 wrote:
klastyioer wrote: lmao would it be cheating to have my partner lift me up so i can launch the plane
3000 iq play
ikr :?:
You don't need the extra height if you have a football player come to nats with you just to throw the plane. :lol:

If you don't want to go through that, you can get swole yourself :P
MadCow2357's Userpage
Gallagher MS '19
Barrington HS '23

Return to “2019 Nationals”