Prediction Contest 2019

Post Reply
User avatar
bernard
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 2066
Joined: January 5th, 2014, 3:12 pm
Division: Grad
State: WA
Location: Seattle, WA
Has thanked: 38 times
Been thanked: 91 times
Contact:

Prediction Contest 2019

Post by bernard » May 18th, 2019, 12:09 am

The form for Prediction Contest is now live! Submissions will be accepted until Friday, May 31, 2019, 10:00 AM ET.

scioly.org/fantasy

The forms are processed individually so rather than filling out all four at once, complete and submit them separately. The form also checks that you're following rules; e.g. if you list any team more than three times in event predictions, it'll try to prevent you from submitting.
"One of the ways that I believe people express their appreciation to the rest of humanity is to make something wonderful and put it out there."

User avatar
builderguy135
Member
Member
Posts: 657
Joined: September 8th, 2018, 12:24 pm
Division: C
State: NJ
Has thanked: 17 times
Been thanked: 11 times

Re: Prediction Contest 2019

Post by builderguy135 » May 18th, 2019, 7:04 am

bernard wrote:The form for Prediction Contest is now live! Submissions will be accepted until Friday, May 31, 2019, 10:00 AM ET.

scioly.org/fantasy

The forms are processed individually so rather than filling out all four at once, complete and submit them separately. The form also checks that you're following rules; e.g. if you list any team more than three times in event predictions, it'll try to prevent you from submitting.
How many predictions per form can you submit?
HSN '22 & DMAH Co-Captain
6-time medalist in Nationals 2019
2020 Sounds MIT and Princeton Champion
2020 (and probably 2021 :( ) Events: PPP/Sounds/Wright/Code/PaRaSiToLoGy

pb5754
Member
Member
Posts: 449
Joined: March 5th, 2017, 7:49 pm
Division: C
State: NJ
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 16 times

Re: Prediction Contest 2019

Post by pb5754 » May 18th, 2019, 7:06 am

builderguy135 wrote:
bernard wrote:The form for Prediction Contest is now live! Submissions will be accepted until Friday, May 31, 2019, 10:00 AM ET.

scioly.org/fantasy

The forms are processed individually so rather than filling out all four at once, complete and submit them separately. The form also checks that you're following rules; e.g. if you list any team more than three times in event predictions, it'll try to prevent you from submitting.
How many predictions per form can you submit?
1 per form (4 total) I believe.
West Windsor-Plainsboro High School South '21

User avatar
bernard
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 2066
Joined: January 5th, 2014, 3:12 pm
Division: Grad
State: WA
Location: Seattle, WA
Has thanked: 38 times
Been thanked: 91 times
Contact:

Re: Prediction Contest 2019

Post by bernard » May 18th, 2019, 10:14 am

That is correct, submitting a form again will overwrite your previous submission. New this year, you can view your last submission when loading the form.
"One of the ways that I believe people express their appreciation to the rest of humanity is to make something wonderful and put it out there."

User avatar
dxu46
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Posts: 798
Joined: April 11th, 2017, 6:55 pm
Division: C
State: MO
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Prediction Contest 2019

Post by dxu46 » May 18th, 2019, 7:55 pm

For Div B, the teams for Arkansas and Nevada are switched...
Also, idk if this was a mess up or not, but Slauson is listed above Lakeshore even though Lakeshore won

User avatar
bernard
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 2066
Joined: January 5th, 2014, 3:12 pm
Division: Grad
State: WA
Location: Seattle, WA
Has thanked: 38 times
Been thanked: 91 times
Contact:

Re: Prediction Contest 2019

Post by bernard » May 18th, 2019, 9:09 pm

dxu46 wrote:For Div B, the teams for Arkansas and Nevada are switched...
Also, idk if this was a mess up or not, but Slauson is listed above Lakeshore even though Lakeshore won
Thank you for bringing this to my attention. The Division B team names for AR and NV were originally correct but were switched after following the tournament team list. The order teams are listed in will not affect the system used for scoring this contest; the team numbers assigned to Slauson and Lakeshore in the database are correct.
"One of the ways that I believe people express their appreciation to the rest of humanity is to make something wonderful and put it out there."

User avatar
builderguy135
Member
Member
Posts: 657
Joined: September 8th, 2018, 12:24 pm
Division: C
State: NJ
Has thanked: 17 times
Been thanked: 11 times

Re: Prediction Contest 2019

Post by builderguy135 » May 18th, 2019, 9:15 pm

Will predictions for build events be public? (like the build prediction contest from last year)
HSN '22 & DMAH Co-Captain
6-time medalist in Nationals 2019
2020 Sounds MIT and Princeton Champion
2020 (and probably 2021 :( ) Events: PPP/Sounds/Wright/Code/PaRaSiToLoGy

User avatar
bernard
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 2066
Joined: January 5th, 2014, 3:12 pm
Division: Grad
State: WA
Location: Seattle, WA
Has thanked: 38 times
Been thanked: 91 times
Contact:

Re: Prediction Contest 2019

Post by bernard » May 18th, 2019, 11:58 pm

builderguy135 wrote:Will predictions for build events be public? (like the build prediction contest from last year)
This contest is unrelated to the build contest from previous years. I will release a summary of submissions but whether this will be before or after the tournament is undecided.
"One of the ways that I believe people express their appreciation to the rest of humanity is to make something wonderful and put it out there."

User avatar
bernard
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 2066
Joined: January 5th, 2014, 3:12 pm
Division: Grad
State: WA
Location: Seattle, WA
Has thanked: 38 times
Been thanked: 91 times
Contact:

Re: Prediction Contest 2019

Post by bernard » May 20th, 2019, 12:22 pm

The contest is very popular! It's been open for 3 days only, and we've already received 182 submissions!
"One of the ways that I believe people express their appreciation to the rest of humanity is to make something wonderful and put it out there."

User avatar
dxu46
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Posts: 798
Joined: April 11th, 2017, 6:55 pm
Division: C
State: MO
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Prediction Contest 2019

Post by dxu46 » May 20th, 2019, 12:27 pm

bernard wrote:The contest is very popular! It's been open for 3 days only, and we've already received 182 submissions!
Dang, if I predict Carnage at 9th place this year I won't even come close to winning this time!

Post Reply

Return to “2019 Nationals”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests