Division: C
State: NY
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: 2020 Way Too Early Predictions

Post by GabeAtwa »

TheCrazyChemist wrote:
builderguy135 wrote:Quick predictions:
I honestly don't know anything about Daniel Wright but I'm thinking they'll probably take second to fourth, since Solon is gonna become weaker.
The DWJHS captain told me that he thought that DWJHS was going to become weaker. I still wouldn't put it out of their range to get 2nd, given their history.
Community gets at least 3rd again next year (I have no idea why, I just have a feeling.)
I doubt that. Community is losing their strongest teammates and it's unlikely the new members will pick up the slack that they did.
DMAH Team B captain :wink:
emmalasagna
State: CT

Post by emmalasagna »

GabeAtwa wrote:
TheCrazyChemist wrote:
I honestly don't know anything about Daniel Wright but I'm thinking they'll probably take second to fourth, since Solon is gonna become weaker.
The DWJHS captain told me that he thought that DWJHS was going to become weaker. I still wouldn't put it out of their range to get 2nd, given their history.
Community gets at least 3rd again next year (I have no idea why, I just have a feeling.)
I doubt that. Community is losing their strongest teammates and it's unlikely the new members will pick up the slack that they did.
yeah i agree with Gabe. i think Community will still be strong of course, but honestly even Community team members agree that they’ll probably go down a bit, and third seems like a bit of a stretch for them next year, but that’s just my opinion.
bedford ms '19, staples hs '23
ornithology, fossils, designer genes, expd

please bring back herp like actually please
sciolyperson1
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: NJ
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by sciolyperson1 »

TheCrazyChemist wrote:Community gets at least 3rd again next year (I have no idea why, I just have a feeling.)

For future reference, our Community MS team will likely never attend any future invitationals. Some people this year already saw that our Rustin trophy was still in Mr. Suarez's room - since we wouldn't be able to return it next year, we just left it for them to keep for the duration of the year (the first place trophy is recycled "like the Stanley cup", as one person described it)

Although the team will likely still exist, many of the 9th graders will instead try out for the division C team, over at WW-P HS North. As not per tradition for our middle school team, in the upcoming season, the 9th graders which don't make the div C team will do Div B scio. In the past, the top 5 9th graders were usually the ones which continued on with Div B.

We've had a great season altogether - with 4 invitational wins, including Cornell, as well as a 3rd place nats finish was a great awesome end to our season. It's sad that next year may be the one year we'll lose states - it's not looking great as of now, but who knows?
SoCal Planning Team & BirdSO Tournament Director
WW-P HSN '22, Community MS '18
Sciolyperson1's Userpage
builderguy135
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by builderguy135 »

GabeAtwa wrote:
TheCrazyChemist wrote:
Our team was 5 9th graders, 10 8th graders this year. All of them are trying out for the HSN team and they will be joining if they can, as it's not worth it to captain any of the rising 8th graders. The ones who don't make it will likely be the freshmen for the CMS 2020 team.

Honestly, the past 2 years have kind of been an outlier in nats placements for our team. The rising juniors, who captained the team 2 years ago, are extremely talented (shoutout to rabbitman lmfao) and the 8th graders this year really helped.

There's literally no way CMS will get top 3 at nats next year lmfao

(hopefully north gets better tho) ;)
West Windsor-Plainsboro High School North '22
BirdSO Co-Director
My Userpage
GabeAtwa

Post by GabeAtwa »

sciolyperson1 wrote:
TheCrazyChemist wrote:Community gets at least 3rd again next year (I have no idea why, I just have a feeling.)

For future reference, our Community MS team will likely never attend any future invitationals. Some people this year already saw that our Rustin trophy was still in Mr. Suarez's room - since we wouldn't be able to return it next year, we just left it for them to keep for the duration of the year (the first place trophy is recycled "like the Stanley cup", as one person described it)

Although the team will likely still exist, many of the 9th graders will instead try out for the division C team, over at WW-P HS North. As not per tradition for our middle school team, in the upcoming season, the 9th graders which don't make the div C team will do Div B scio. In the past, the top 5 9th graders were usually the ones which continued on with Div B.

We've had a great season altogether - with 4 invitational wins, including Cornell, as well as a 3rd place nats finish was a great awesome end to our season. It's sad that next year may be the one year we'll lose states - it's not looking great as of now, but who knows?
Well said sir. You sound like a very smart individual. I'd love to get to know you in person. But like I said, you perfectly described the situation with Community. Keep up the good work.
builderguy135
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by builderguy135 »

GabeAtwa wrote:
sciolyperson1 wrote:

Well said sir. You sound like a very smart individual. I'd love to get to know you in person. But like I said, you perfectly described the situation with Community. Keep up the good work.
lmfao gabe youve literally met him like 5 times already
West Windsor-Plainsboro High School North '22
BirdSO Co-Director
My Userpage
GabeAtwa

Post by GabeAtwa »

builderguy135 wrote:
GabeAtwa wrote:
sciolyperson1 wrote:

lmfao gabe youve literally met him like 5 times already
dont expose me like that ;(
TheCrazyChemist

Post by TheCrazyChemist »

builderguy135 wrote:
GabeAtwa wrote:
TheCrazyChemist wrote: The DWJHS captain told me that he thought that DWJHS was going to become weaker. I still wouldn't put it out of their range to get 2nd, given their history.
Our team was 5 9th graders, 10 8th graders this year. All of them are trying out for the HSN team and they will be joining if they can, as it's not worth it to captain any of the rising 8th graders. The ones who don't make it will likely be the freshmen for the CMS 2020 team.

Honestly, the past 2 years have kind of been an outlier in nats placements for our team. The rising juniors, who captained the team 2 years ago, are extremely talented (shoutout to rabbitman lmfao) and the 8th graders this year really helped.

There's literally no way CMS will get top 3 at nats next year lmfao

(hopefully north gets better tho) ;)
Well then. I didn't know any of this information. I knew that builderguy135 and sciolyperson1 were leaving, but I had no idea what the Community team was like. Maybe this means that WWP-(N or S?) gets quite a bit better in the next couple of years.
Umaroth
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: CA

Post by Umaroth »

builderguy135 wrote:I also heard Kraemer had a very young team (many 7th and 8th graders) and one 9th grader on the team got 4 out of 6 medals for their team so who knows? I think they'll get 5th.
Our team consisted of 2 ninth graders, 7 eighth graders, and 6 seventh graders, and all of our alternates were seventh graders. They have already started studying despite us coaches having told them to take a break, so they're definitely hungry for a better performance now that they've experienced nats, and we have some very high potential incoming students who want to meet the expectation. Of course, this is a waaaay too early prediction, so as always, you can't count out Jeffrey Trail and Oak Valley, who always come back strong. I think that the SoCal B competition is about to ramp up to a whole 'nother level, and whoever makes it out of SoCal next year will be definitely be top 5 provided limited screw-ups.
Cal 2026
Troy SciOly 2021 Co-Captain
Proud Padre of the Evola SciOly Program 2018-now
Dank Memes Area Homeschool Juggernaut 2018-now
Sierra Vista SciOly Co-Head Coach 2020-now

Umaroth's Userpage
NSCDS3RdCaptain
Division: Grad
State: IL

Post by NSCDS3RdCaptain »

What do you think about Marie Murphy? Do you think they will get 3rd at state to Woodland? How do you think that Woodland would do at nationals if they qualified?
Thermodynamics 3/26/x
Thermodynamics 7/ /x
Water Quality 3/ /x
Battery Buggy 1/2/x
Battery Buggy 2/ /x
Ecology 3/12/x
Optics 4/26/x
Density Lab 4/ /x

Return to “2019 Nationals”