Has Science Olympiad affected your future plans?

Alumni make some of the best volunteers!
lumosityfan
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: Grad
State: TX
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Has Science Olympiad affected your future plans?

Post by lumosityfan »

I was just thinking about this idea one day when thinking of my own Science Olympiad adventures. How has Science Olympiad affected your future plans? For me, Science Olympiad played a huge part in me wanting to be an astrophysicist. Before, I had an idea that I liked science, but history and politics were also very strongly in the mix. However, being in Science Olympiad and participating in Astronomy gave me an idea of what Astronomy was really about and I got more hooked, which has definitely affected my future plans in a positive way.
John P. Stevens Class of 2015 (Go Hawks!)
Columbia University Class of 2019 (Go Lions!)
Raven
Division: C
Has thanked: 0

Re: Has Science Olympiad affected your future plans?

Post by Raven »

I have a teacher in my school whose son and his friends went on to go into the fields that they did the corresponding Science Olympiad to. Her son became an accomplished astrophysicist and runs the Astronomy event at nationals, after being part of a continuously top 10 Nationals team.

Personally, before Science Olympiad, I had no interest in science, but now I realize that my true passions do lie within science.
Birds, Fossils, WQ, Circuit Lab
Fibonacci924
Division: Grad
State: MN
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Has Science Olympiad affected your future plans?

Post by Fibonacci924 »

Not really. I'm planning on going in to tinybio, and most of my events were physics and chemistry events.
"Truth is like poetry. And most people *butterfly* hate poetry."- Overheard in a Washington DC bar.

Always remember: P. Sherman, 42 Wallaby Way, Sydney.

Two time member of the Eternal Order of the Assassinators

Return to “Alumni”