Harvard College Mentorship Opportunity!

Alumni make some of the best volunteers!
HUSO
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Harvard College Mentorship Opportunity!

Post by HUSO »

Hey everyone!

My name is Kemi Ashing-Giwa, a first-year at Harvard College, and I’m representing a Harvard student group called Harvard Undergraduate Science Olympiad (HUSO). I’m writing about an opportunity for our student organization to help bring Science Olympiad to schools in Boston and Cambridge. Over 60 schools in Massachusetts already have established Science Olympiad teams, but among these, very few Cambridge Public Schools have opportunities for students to get involved in this tournament. We at HUSO hope to change that.

Our team at HUSO is made up of former Science Olympiad members who are passionate about spreading the joy of Science Olympiad, as well as the resources that Harvard has to offer to local schools in the Boston-Cambridge area. We primarily work to host and organize annual high school and middle school division tournaments for New England schools, but starting this year, we are working to reach out to our local community and help schools with no established Science Olympiad teams start their own by providing access to resources on the Harvard campus, coaching and mentoring services by Harvard students, an opportunity to compete at our middle school Science Olympiad invitational tournament at Harvard, and more.

If this is something that you think your students might be interested in, we would be happy provide some more information and discuss the ways we can best support a new Science Olympiad team at your school. Please reach out to us at [email protected], or directly to me at [email protected].

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Return to “Alumni”