Failed to place

For anything Science Olympiad-related that might not fall under a specific event or competition.
Galahad
Division: C
State: HI

Re: Failed to place

Post by Galahad » November 3rd, 2018, 10:07 am

Mate I haven't medaled at one invitational in my 8th grade year, which is sad considering I medaled more times as a 7th grader than an 8th grader. But I didn't stop there, I didn't let it get me down for too long and I kept hacking at it. I ended up placing 1st in two events at states and taking home a national medal. Trust me dude, as I speak from experience, invitationals will make you depressed, but look forward. You won't care about a stupid octagon 10 years in the future, you won't remember the invitationals you failed, you'll remember the good times you had in science olympiad. You'll remember the dumb jokes you guys made or the memories made on the bus rides home. Focus more on the good things in SciO, look towards the future. The more you focus on the good, the less the bad will bother you.
#RUNITBACK

Highlands Intermediate School '16-'19
Pearl City High School '19-??
DMAH '18-??

https://scioly.org/wiki/index.php/User:Galahad

OctoPiGenius
Division: B
State: OH
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Failed to place

Post by OctoPiGenius » December 29th, 2018, 8:45 pm

Crime Busters @ Nationals -> got 7th in my 7th grade year, but 15th (I think) in my 8th grade year... Now I can't even compete in it b/c I have an event conflcit
In Astronomy, Ornithology, ExpD, Forensics.

2019 NATS:
1st in ExpD, 1st in Herp, 3rd in Solar System

2018 NATS:
5th in Fast Facts, 2nd in Herp, 1st in Solar System

2017 NATS:
1st in Invasive, 2nd in RFTS

2016 NATS:
1st in Crime

2018 Captain of Solon Division B team

Return to “General Competition”