Untouchable Events

For anything Science Olympiad-related that might not fall under a specific event or competition.
User avatar
jaspattack
Wiki Moderator
Wiki Moderator
Posts: 96
Joined: April 30th, 2018, 8:29 am
Division: C
State: MO
Location: within cyberspace
Has thanked: 95 times
Been thanked: 95 times
Contact:

Re: Untouchable Events

Post by jaspattack » February 26th, 2019, 8:14 pm

Mission Possible is a very difficult event, so not a lot of people jump at the chance to do it. Most build events in general are pretty undesirable, for some reason.
CHS '21 | Jaspattack's Userpage

2020-21 Events: Designer Genes, Forensics, Ornithology, Protein Modeling

I edit the wiki sometimes.

ScottMaurer19
Member
Member
Posts: 592
Joined: January 5th, 2017, 9:39 am
Division: Grad
State: OH
Location: Solon, OH
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Untouchable Events

Post by ScottMaurer19 » February 28th, 2019, 9:46 am

jaspattack wrote:Mission Possible is a very difficult event, so not a lot of people jump at the chance to do it. Most build events in general are pretty undesirable, for some reason.
You guys are listing a lot of my events :D
Mission is extremely time consuming to be one of the top teams. Honestly a team that spends a small fraction of the time that top three teams at most invitationals would place simply because of how steep the drop off in scores are.
Solon '19 Captain, CWRU '23
2017 (r/s/n):
Hydro: 3/5/18
Robot Arm: na/1/1
Rocks: 1/1/1

2018 (r/s/n):
Heli: 2/1/7 
Herp: 1/4/4
Mission: 1/1/6
Rocks: 1/1/1
Eco: 6/3/9

2019 (r/s/n):
Fossils: 1/1/1
GLM: 1/1/1
Herp: 1/1/5
Mission: 1/1/3
WS: 4/1/10

Top 3 Medals: 144
Golds: 80

alip26
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Posts: 10
Joined: October 10th, 2017, 6:19 am
Division: B
State: PA
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Untouchable Events

Post by alip26 » February 28th, 2019, 2:36 pm

The build events usually go the slowest because no one wants to try and find/buy all of the materials needed and ones like Mission Possible get very complex. Other than that Fermi, Protein Modeling, Materials Science, and Optics are never particularly popular with my team.
2019-2020 Events:
Boomilever, Chem Lab, Ornithology

User avatar
klastyioer
Member
Member
Posts: 427
Joined: April 22nd, 2018, 4:46 pm
Division: C
State: PA
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
Location: somewhere on planet earth
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Untouchable Events

Post by klastyioer » February 28th, 2019, 2:50 pm

literally any study event
SPECIFICALLY
the ones w rly hard ids
such as herp rocks fossils forensics chem lab etc

builds wise
i def dont want to do mission
its too hard rip
i could try mousetrap but idk
i dont EVER
wanna do bridges or HELICOPTERS
ever.
unfortunately i will have to bridges in a few years
and possibly heli
but i doubt it
it's not about the medals; go out there and have fun. make progress, learn a few things and have one heck of a time; that's all that matters.

Check out Klastyioer's Userpage!

UTF-8 U+6211 U+662F
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Posts: 1594
Joined: January 18th, 2015, 7:42 am
Division: C
State: PA
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 9 times

Re: Untouchable Events

Post by UTF-8 U+6211 U+662F » February 28th, 2019, 4:25 pm

I feel like I would do any of them, but I don't have experience with builds

User avatar
builderguy135
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Posts: 723
Joined: September 8th, 2018, 12:24 pm
Division: C
State: NJ
Pronouns: He/Him/His
Has thanked: 135 times
Been thanked: 96 times

Re: Untouchable Events

Post by builderguy135 » February 28th, 2019, 4:36 pm

linzhiyan wrote:Dynamic Planet for me.... 100%.
For my high school... definitely geologic mapping, MTV, Mission Possible, code, fermi, and basically all other builds. (Honestly, we have 2 people out of 30 doing geomaps, and 2 people total doing all the builds and one of them only signed up because she thought "builds were easy and I don't have to work hard" -_-)

For middle school: Roller coaster, hovercraft, battery buggy, actually, on second thought, basically any builds. And dynamic planet.
Iol. Hover, roller, and battery are my favorite events.

Also wright and glider :/
West Windsor - Plainsboro High School North '22
PPP/Sounds/Wright/Code/Cyber/DigiStruc
7x National Medalist, 2x MIT SoM Champion
Test Writer and Event Supervisor, BirdSO Co-Director
My Userpage

User avatar
TheChiScientist
Member
Member
Posts: 730
Joined: March 11th, 2018, 11:25 am
Division: Grad
State: IL
Pronouns: He/Him/His
Location: Contemplating yeeting myself off a cliff...
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 41 times

Re: Untouchable Events

Post by TheChiScientist » February 28th, 2019, 4:40 pm

UTF-8 U+6211 U+662F wrote:I feel like I would do any of them, but I don't have experience with builds
Lol. There are people like you in SciOly and then there are people like me. I love building but hate testing. (Stupid memorizing...) There's always that one pure builder on a team...
A Science Olympian from 2015 - 2019 CLCSO Alumni
Medal Count:30
IL PPP/Mission Assistant State Supervisor.
CLC Div. B Tournament Director.
President of The Builder Cult.
"A true Science Olympian embraces a life without Science Olympiad by becoming a part of Science Olympiad itself"- Me

waffletree
Member
Member
Posts: 235
Joined: March 28th, 2018, 2:30 pm
Division: C
State: PA
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Untouchable Events

Post by waffletree » February 28th, 2019, 5:06 pm

klastyioer wrote:literally any study event
SPECIFICALLY
the ones w rly hard ids
such as herp rocks fossils forensics chem lab etc
TheChiScientist wrote: Lol. There are people like you in SciOly and then there are people like me. I love building but hate testing. (Stupid memorizing...) There's always that one pure builder on a team...
im with you guys
#buildersquad
builder cult vp // #treegang

User avatar
TheChiScientist
Member
Member
Posts: 730
Joined: March 11th, 2018, 11:25 am
Division: Grad
State: IL
Pronouns: He/Him/His
Location: Contemplating yeeting myself off a cliff...
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 41 times

Re: Untouchable Events

Post by TheChiScientist » February 28th, 2019, 5:12 pm

waffletree wrote:
klastyioer wrote:literally any study event
SPECIFICALLY
the ones w rly hard ids
such as herp rocks fossils forensics chem lab etc
TheChiScientist wrote: Lol. There are people like you in SciOly and then there are people like me. I love building but hate testing. (Stupid memorizing...) There's always that one pure builder on a team...
im with you guys
#buildersquad
Yes. We should create the builder cult... I call being president of the builder cult! Join the Builder Cult by putting it in your signature! Waffletree you're my VP.
Those of the builderskind shall join us! I've already committed! (Also we can be a force against the Entho Cult!)
#buildersriseup :lol:
A Science Olympian from 2015 - 2019 CLCSO Alumni
Medal Count:30
IL PPP/Mission Assistant State Supervisor.
CLC Div. B Tournament Director.
President of The Builder Cult.
"A true Science Olympian embraces a life without Science Olympiad by becoming a part of Science Olympiad itself"- Me

waffletree
Member
Member
Posts: 235
Joined: March 28th, 2018, 2:30 pm
Division: C
State: PA
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Untouchable Events

Post by waffletree » February 28th, 2019, 5:29 pm

TheChiScientist wrote:
waffletree wrote:
klastyioer wrote:literally any study event
SPECIFICALLY
the ones w rly hard ids
such as herp rocks fossils forensics chem lab etc
TheChiScientist wrote: Lol. There are people like you in SciOly and then there are people like me. I love building but hate testing. (Stupid memorizing...) There's always that one pure builder on a team...
im with you guys
#buildersquad
Yes. We should create the builder cult... I call being president of the builder cult! Join the Builder Cult by putting it in your signature! Waffletree you're my VP.
Those of the builderskind shall join us! I've already committed! (Also we can be a force against the Entho Cult!)
#buildersriseup :lol:
time to recruit more people!
builder cult vp // #treegang

Post Reply

Return to “General Competition”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests