Using virtual classrooms for tryouts

For anything Science Olympiad-related that might not fall under a specific event or competition.
samy-oak-tree
Gallery Moderator
Gallery Moderator
Division: C
State: SD

Re: Using virtual classrooms for tryouts

Post by samy-oak-tree »

My rule of thumb is that 20% of the group won't make it past winter break, and it's held up so far. I only have 22 people this year trying out for my team, so I am going to wait until January to find the 15 people.

Granted, we are in South Dakota so the competition atmosphere is different, but make sure you have enough backup people on the team just in case people drop out!
Brookings High School 2017-2021, captain 2018-2021
State gold medals: 2016: Microbe Mission; 2019: Designer Genes, Circuit Lab, Fermi Questions; 2021: Ornithology, Designer Genes, Astronomy, Codebusters, Detector Building
Schrodingerscat
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
Division: Grad
State: KS
Pronouns: He/Him/His
Has thanked: 0

Re: Using virtual classrooms for tryouts

Post by Schrodingerscat »

For the original problem of testing 70 people at once, remember you don't necessarily need a traditional classroom setting. The school cafeteria for example could likely provide everyone with a writing surface and a seat in a single room to supervise, and depending on how it operates, you might have it already partially set up. Of course plenty of ways internal school policy, etc. that might derail this idea.

Return to “General Competition”