MY SO

For anything Science Olympiad-related that might not fall under a specific event or competition.
bernard
Administrator
Administrator
Division: Grad
State: WA
Pronouns: He/Him/His

MY SO

Post by bernard »

MY SO is Science Olympiad's learning program to keep students engaged in Science Olympiad regardless of where they are, featuring free lessons released throughout the year covering a range of topics.
Science Olympiad, Inc. wrote:MY SO is a 9-month, calendar-based set of supports to keep students engaged in Science Olympiad at home, at school and afterschool. Each themed month is connected to a popular Science Olympiad subject like Epidemiology, Space or Structures, and will contain free resources like Lesson Plans and STEM Sessions, webinars and interviews with leading experts in the field about careers and workforce. Our top National Event Supervisors and content partners will help us bring the best of Science Olympiad to life! One Thursday a month, our website will be hosting STEM Showdowns, national-level online Science Olympiad tests students will take in real time to gauge their knowledge against their peers, complete with prizes and a national monthly leaderboard. MY SO can be used as a standalone or to support any regular Science Olympiad season. The STEM Showdowns are optional and will be single-player, single-payer.
Visit soinc.org/tournaments to read about the several models of learning Science Olympiad is employing to continue the learning while keeping students safe.
"One of the ways that I believe people express their appreciation to the rest of humanity is to make something wonderful and put it out there." – Steve Jobs
AyersN
Has thanked: 0

Re: MY SO

Post by AyersN »

Hello, does anyone have information on the mid-month STEM Session for MY SO? Is there a set location/time/format? Thank you!
These users thanked the author AyersN for the post:
gz839918 (September 12th, 2020, 7:47 pm)
bearasauras
State: CA

Post by bearasauras »

The STEM Session will be posted to the SOTV YouTube Channel on September 15th.
These users thanked the author bearasauras for the post (total 3):
RiverWalker88 (September 12th, 2020, 6:01 pm) • gz839918 (September 12th, 2020, 7:47 pm) • lumosityfan (September 14th, 2020, 10:36 am)
AyersN

Post by AyersN »

bearasauras wrote: September 12th, 2020, 3:33 pm The STEM Session will be posted to the SOTV YouTube Channel on September 15th.
Thank you!
These users thanked the author AyersN for the post:
bearasauras (September 13th, 2020, 7:20 am)
Reckless57
Division: C
State: NC

Post by Reckless57 »

Hey everyone, I was just wondering if anyone else got a 404 error page randomly during today's MY SO epidemiology test and had to start over. I'm not sure if it was a technical problem on my side or not.
2021 Events: TBD

2020 Events:
Protein Modeling: 1st National Ready regionals
WQ: 3rd National Ready regionals

2019 Events: (Div B)
Boom: 4th Regionals
Heredity: 3rd States
WIDI: 3rd Regionals
DD: 1st States :)
EXP Design: 2nd States
Tailsfan101
State: ID

Post by Tailsfan101 »

Reckless57 wrote: September 24th, 2020, 8:08 pm Hey everyone, I was just wondering if anyone else got a 404 error page randomly during today's MY SO epidemiology test and had to start over. I'm not sure if it was a technical problem on my side or not.
Oof, that's rough. I also took the test, and I didn't have any problems.
"Blessed are you when people insult you and persecute you, and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of Me. Rejoice and be glad, for your reward in heaven is great; for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you." Matthew 5:11-12

I have no regrets.
Efesa
Division: B
State: CA
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Efesa »

Reckless57 wrote: September 24th, 2020, 8:08 pm Hey everyone, I was just wondering if anyone else got a 404 error page randomly during today's MY SO epidemiology test and had to start over. I'm not sure if it was a technical problem on my side or not.
I heard that other people had that problem. Its probably a server error.
Tryout Events (by order of skill):

Meteorology
Road Scholar
Fossils
Disease Detectives
Anatomy and Physiology
Reckless57
Division: C
State: NC

Post by Reckless57 »

Do y'all know if they're still posting the top 25 at 12 pm CT today
2021 Events: TBD

2020 Events:
Protein Modeling: 1st National Ready regionals
WQ: 3rd National Ready regionals

2019 Events: (Div B)
Boom: 4th Regionals
Heredity: 3rd States
WIDI: 3rd Regionals
DD: 1st States :)
EXP Design: 2nd States
Tailsfan101
State: ID

Post by Tailsfan101 »

Reckless57 wrote: September 25th, 2020, 10:05 am Do y'all know if they're still posting the top 25 at 12 pm CT today
That's what they said, but they're now 38 minutes late. The website says "MY SO STEM SHOWDOWN RESULTS - POSTING SHORTLY!", so I think they're working on it.
These users thanked the author Tailsfan101 for the post (total 2):
Oblivion (September 25th, 2020, 10:43 am) • Efesa (September 25th, 2020, 10:43 am)
"Blessed are you when people insult you and persecute you, and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of Me. Rejoice and be glad, for your reward in heaven is great; for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you." Matthew 5:11-12

I have no regrets.
gz839918
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
State: WI
Pronouns: Ask My Pronouns

Post by gz839918 »

These users thanked the author gz839918 for the post:
Tailsfan101 (September 26th, 2020, 8:08 am)
I ❤ sounds of music! About meRate my tests

Carmel High School ’19
The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill ’23
“People overestimate what they can do in a day, and underestimate what they can do in a lifetime.” –Unknown

Return to “General Competition”