how many events?

For anything Science Olympiad-related that might not fall under a specific event or competition.
ajayd
Division: B
State: NY
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: how many events?

Post by ajayd » April 2nd, 2013, 5:49 pm

ScienceOlympian wrote:Four<3
My coach doesn't allow 5 events.-_-
Same, I have 4, can't have 5. Heredity, Triple E, Crime Busters, and Road Scholar:)
Cubing is my life, universe and everything.

foreverphysics
Division: Grad
State: AL

Post by foreverphysics » April 3rd, 2013, 5:49 am

winneratlife wrote:
silverheart7 wrote:I am amazed. I struggle with competing 3 well, how do you do ten? I already have little to no life outside of SciO, so where do you get the time to do so much?
Haha I didn't do so hot. 3 golds, a bronze, 2 5th, 2 6th, bombed two (and they're usually my two best...)

The builds take a little bit of time; I don't usually study for my events though, the exception being Dynamic. It's just the nature of the events I pick.

For instance, I do Fermi, which I've never studied for and also always medaled in (I'm just good at maths) and WIDI, which of course, I don't study for. Chem and TPS are usually my best two events because I'm just good at chem and math? And I've also taken all 4 AP sciences, so there's that. The other two nonbuilds are Dynamic (which I did study for) and Circuit Lab (which I guess I studied for a little, but I'm also just very good with physics; I walked out of the Circuit Lab test this year in 8 minutes with a perfect).
No ego at all, hm, Style?
Physics is difficult for 99% of the world's population because they don't understand it. The other 1% know too much.

"Physics is a psychiatrist?"

sofan
State: TX

Post by sofan » April 3rd, 2013, 4:38 pm

3 at first invitational
4 at second
2 at regionals
3 at state
New school year! New scioly season! Another year to do something great!

2013 galveston regionals:
rotor: 3rd
pic: 2nd(Texas event)
overall:3rd
2013 state:
rotor:4th
overall: 12th :I

Epicness101

Post by Epicness101 » April 3rd, 2013, 4:46 pm

4 at regionals. 6 at states.
From da Big Apple

caseyotis
Division: C

Post by caseyotis » April 3rd, 2013, 4:53 pm

I did 3 at regionals; results in my signature. I think I did pretty well! :3

I'm adding Metric Mastery and Crime Busters at states. However, I'm definitely NOT going to do well in Metric Mastery! :lol: I'm not working much on it, because it's mostly my partner's event (she's only doing one other one). I'm pretty confident that I'll medal in at least one of the others.
http://scioly.org/wiki/index.php/User:Caseyotis
Welcome, welcome
“Goodbye,” said the fox.
“And now here is my secret, a very simple secret:
It is only with the heart that one can see rightly;
what is essential is invisible to the
eye.”
Le Petit Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Epicness101

Post by Epicness101 » April 3rd, 2013, 5:07 pm

caseyotis wrote:I did 3 at regionals; results in my signature. I think I did pretty well! :3

I'm adding Metric Mastery and Crime Busters at states. However, I'm definitely NOT going to do well in Metric Mastery! :lol: I'm not working much on it, because it's mostly my partner's event (she's only doing one other one). I'm pretty confident that I'll medal in at least one of the others.
Ho, you're from NY? Hmmm...i'll remember your events.
From da Big Apple

silverheart7

Post by silverheart7 » April 3rd, 2013, 5:11 pm

Epicness101 wrote:
caseyotis wrote:I did 3 at regionals; results in my signature. I think I did pretty well! :3

Ho, you're from NY? Hmmm...i'll remember your events.
I'm a NY'er too! Forestry, Sounds of Music, and Triple E if I can go. I have some health issues right now, so I don't know if I'll be able to.
Past: Forestry, Disease, Meteorology, Towers, Sounds, Triple E, Boomilever, Entomology, WQ, WIDI, Bridges

Total Medals: 14
State Medals: Sounds of Music (2nd, 2013), Forestry (3rd, 2013), and Triple E (4th, 2013)

Gelinas and Ward Melville Alum, ELI Volunteer

winneratlife
State: MI

Post by winneratlife » April 3rd, 2013, 5:32 pm

foreverphysics wrote:
winneratlife wrote:
silverheart7 wrote:I am amazed. I struggle with competing 3 well, how do you do ten? I already have little to no life outside of SciO, so where do you get the time to do so much?
Haha I didn't do so hot. 3 golds, a bronze, 2 5th, 2 6th, bombed two (and they're usually my two best...)

The builds take a little bit of time; I don't usually study for my events though, the exception being Dynamic. It's just the nature of the events I pick.

For instance, I do Fermi, which I've never studied for and also always medaled in (I'm just good at maths) and WIDI, which of course, I don't study for. Chem and TPS are usually my best two events because I'm just good at chem and math? And I've also taken all 4 AP sciences, so there's that. The other two nonbuilds are Dynamic (which I did study for) and Circuit Lab (which I guess I studied for a little, but I'm also just very good with physics; I walked out of the Circuit Lab test this year in 8 minutes with a perfect).
No ego at all, hm, Style?
Well I was asked how I did it, so I answered the question. I wouldn't want to give off the idea that it's possible to just study really hard and do well in 10 events; that sounds nearly impossible. Then again, I also have the attention span of a 2 year old, which may be why I can't actually study for 10 events.

Cheesy Pie
State: MI

Post by Cheesy Pie » April 4th, 2013, 4:05 am

I finished research for my regular events, so I decided I'll help the alternates with trial events - particularly Green Generation.
100% of deaths are somehow caused by science.
Don't be a statistic.
Don't do science.

Naperville Central High School '17 :arrow: Michigan State University Physics '21
GO GREEN GO WHITE

foreverphysics
State: AL

Post by foreverphysics » April 4th, 2013, 5:47 am

You're never done researching your events what are you talking about

And yay, I just picked up my seventh event for Nationals!
...and other people on my team have 2.
Physics is difficult for 99% of the world's population because they don't understand it. The other 1% know too much.

"Physics is a psychiatrist?"

Return to “General Competition”