Why do you love Science Olympiad?

For anything Science Olympiad-related that might not fall under a specific event or competition.
silverheart7
Division: Grad
State: NY
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Why do you love Science Olympiad?

Post by silverheart7 » July 1st, 2012, 6:28 pm

And you really get to create lasting friendships because you become really close to your whole team :D
Past: Forestry, Disease, Meteorology, Towers, Sounds, Triple E, Boomilever, Entomology, WQ, WIDI, Bridges

Total Medals: 14
State Medals: Sounds of Music (2nd, 2013), Forestry (3rd, 2013), and Triple E (4th, 2013)

Gelinas and Ward Melville Alum, ELI Volunteer

sunje
Division: C
State: OH

Post by sunje » July 3rd, 2012, 9:31 am

Science Olympiad has given me many experiences that I am so thankful for. Not only have I grown in knowledge, I've also grown as a person from this. I'm a lot less naive now. I can deal with people so much better now... much better than my formerly awkward, quiet 9th-grade self. I've learned so much about the people around me, and how different they all were from me. I've learned how differently they all think from me, which was a shocking experience actually... but I'm so glad I learned that now, rather than four years from now.

I enjoy the thrill of improving. Our team was mediocre before, not bad, but we have been improving every year. I'm happy -- no, thrilled -- to be a part of this improvement. I think it's exciting to know that I made a difference. It's one of the many factors that keeps me motivated, along with working with the people who have the same passion as me, and obviously, winning (Science Olympiad really brought out my competitive side...). I want to prove that we can do (almost) anything we set our hearts to, and that as a team if we all realize that we can do great things.

I have made so many memories that I will never forget. Science Olympiad requires communication. A lot of it. I have made so many new friends, and I have gotten so much closer to my old ones. I was new to the school my freshman year, and Science Olympiad really gave me a purpose in this school. I don't know what I would do without it. It gave me this... sense of community. A sense of belonging. It was something I've never experienced before. Now that I'm a part of it, I never want to leave it. (I'm going to cry so much when I graduate... two years left :( )

So yeah. That's why I love Science Olympiad.

Sorry if my post was cheesy or something. I'm a cheesy person. :D

silverheart7
Division: Grad
State: NY

Post by silverheart7 » July 3rd, 2012, 1:17 pm

I wish we could "like" posts on scioly,because I would have liked yours :D
Past: Forestry, Disease, Meteorology, Towers, Sounds, Triple E, Boomilever, Entomology, WQ, WIDI, Bridges

Total Medals: 14
State Medals: Sounds of Music (2nd, 2013), Forestry (3rd, 2013), and Triple E (4th, 2013)

Gelinas and Ward Melville Alum, ELI Volunteer

imaginativethinker48
Division: B
State: CA

Post by imaginativethinker48 » July 4th, 2012, 7:45 am

Code: Select all

[quote][/quote]
Last edited by imaginativethinker48 on February 1st, 2013, 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2012: Dynamic Planet, Compute This, Mission Possible, Mousetrap Vehicle
2013: Dynamic Planet, Rotor Egg Drop, Water Quality

You should follow me on tumblr :) www.blue-dreamer-s.tumblr.com

mintyfrash
State: FL

Post by mintyfrash » July 5th, 2012, 3:54 pm

You really have to push yourself and it makes you constantly strive to be better than you are in order to achieve, your teammates become your family because you get so close to them, sharing memories and experiences that you'll never forget, and the thrill of competition is intoxicating.

LCovington
State: FL

Post by LCovington » July 6th, 2012, 3:07 pm

Wait, I need a reason!?!
2013 Events: Anatomy B (4) and Disease Detectives B (5)

Yes, the guy in my avatar is me, don't ask.

Return to “General Competition”