Science Olympiad 2012

For anything Science Olympiad-related that might not fall under a specific event or competition.
geminicross
Division: C
State: GA
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Science Olympiad 2012

Post by geminicross »

So is Heredity considered the replacement for Microbe Mission?
fishman100
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: Grad
State: VA

Post by fishman100 »

Does anyone know why there are 2 time slots for Boomilever?
Langley HS Science Olympiad '15
syo_astro
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: NY

Post by syo_astro »

geminicross wrote:So is Heredity considered the replacement for Microbe Mission?
Yes, if you look through I am pretty sure microbes won't be there. It also has been in two years, so I think that is the time to cycle in the next bio event.
B: Crave the Wave, Environmental Chemistry, Robo-Cross, Meteo, Phys Sci Lab, Solar System, DyPlan (E and V), Shock Value
C: Microbe Mission, DyPlan (Fresh Waters), Fermi Questions, GeoMaps, Grav Vehicle, Scrambler, Rocks, Astro
Grad: Writing Tests/Supervising (NY/MI)
geminicross

Post by geminicross »

themachine_ wrote:
geminicross wrote:So is Heredity considered the replacement for Microbe Mission?
Yes, if you look through I am pretty sure microbes won't be there. It also has been in two years, so I think that is the time to cycle in the next bio event.
Thanks,
I just wanted to know if the exact relationship was

Boomilever-Towers
Metric-Compute
Heredity-Microbe
rfscoach
Coach
Coach
Division: B

Post by rfscoach »

fishman100 wrote:Does anyone know why there are 2 time slots for Boomilever?
The Monday evening time slot is the regular Boomilever event session where the rules are explained. There is a conference room set aside for the week for coaches to practice building the balsa wood events. Then in the Thursday evening time slot all the devices that coaches build during the week are tested in a mini competition.
I am the Lorax. I speak for the trees. I speak for the trees, for the trees have no tongues.
noobforce
State: NJ

Post by noobforce »

rfscoach wrote:
The Monday evening time slot is the regular Boomilever event session where the rules are explained. There is a conference room set aside for the week for coaches to practice building the balsa wood events. Then in the Thursday evening time slot all the devices that coaches build during the week are tested in a mini competition.
Do you know by any chance if Boomilever for Division B in New Jersey will be Elevated Bridge? Because even though it should cycle for 2012-2013 I have never seen a year when Division B in New Jersey has ever done Boomilever. When Division C has done it, Division B has done Elevated Bridge. Any clarifications?
rfscoach
Coach
Coach
Division: B

Post by rfscoach »

noobforce wrote:
rfscoach wrote:
Do you know by any chance if Boomilever for Division B in New Jersey will be Elevated Bridge? Because even though it should cycle for 2012-2013 I have never seen a year when Division B in New Jersey has ever done Boomilever. When Division C has done it, Division B has done Elevated Bridge. Any clarifications?
That would be a decision made by the New Jersey State Director.
I am the Lorax. I speak for the trees. I speak for the trees, for the trees have no tongues.
tuftedtitmouse12

Post by tuftedtitmouse12 »

Helicopters and Sounds of Music are moving from Division C to Division B for the year I'll be on Division C instead of Division B... :cry:
peter, peter, peter
The Architect
State: VT

Post by The Architect »

No! Aquifers is gone! And so is Trebs! I'm excited for these other events though, namely Metric Mastery and Sounds of Music.
Science, yeah!

Made a new team. 7th place at NH states. Officially the champions of Vermont.

2015-2016 Events:
Air Trajectory, It's About Time, EXPD, and WIDI.
geminicross

Post by geminicross »

Out of the new ones (or ones that weren't in last year) I like Shock Value, Sounds of Music, and Heredity. Metric Mastery seems interesting but I doubt I'd ever do it.

Return to “General Competition”