Science Olympiad App

For anything Science Olympiad-related that might not fall under a specific event or competition.
LCovington
Division: C
State: FL
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Science Olympiad App

Post by LCovington » June 27th, 2012, 2:59 am

Is there an Android version

narwalrus
State: IL

Post by narwalrus » June 27th, 2012, 8:05 pm

Thanks for all the info, Kenneth. Can't wait for more updates!
2012 B Events-
Reach for the Stars (4th State)
Optics (5th State)
Compute This (3rd State)
Bottle Rocket (Don't even get me started on how much I hated this event...)

“Here's the mini-cherry on top of the regular cherry on top of the sundae of awesomeness that is my life.” -Barney Stinson

kennethfriedman
State: NY

Post by kennethfriedman » July 5th, 2012, 4:37 pm

Thanks for the support everyone!

Yep, there is an info button currently in the bottom right corner of the main screen that tells the user how to use the app, but doesn't quite explain what the app does to people unfamiliar with tracking S.O. competitions.

There will be a large update coming soon that should include an instructions page, a new look for viewing results, and much more!

There is no Android yet because of fragmentation issues (but hopefully I can make one soon). The current app works on any iDevice with iOS 5.0 and up. The next major version of the app (mentioned above) will be for iOS 5.1 and up, but everyone with 5.0 can update. The next major version will also be iPad optimized.
Last edited by kennethfriedman on September 17th, 2012, 4:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

kennethfriedman

Post by kennethfriedman » July 13th, 2012, 1:44 pm

Hey,

Quick update for you guys. I've been working hard on SO Tracker 2.0, which will be a free upgrade to the current app on the day that iOS 6 comes out in a couple months. The app will continue to support iOS 5, but a few of the advanced features are ios6 only. Some updates include an entirely new way to view statistics, the app will save your data once you quit out and allow you to resume later, and the biggest feature: you can share scores directly from the app, both per event and overall scores at anytime during the awards ceremony to keep friends and family updated! You will be able to share via Facebook, Twitter, text message, or email (though people not upgrading to iOS6 will only be able to share with Twitter).
Last edited by kennethfriedman on January 19th, 2013, 3:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

kennethfriedman

Post by kennethfriedman » September 17th, 2012, 4:13 pm

triple post, but this is important! Version 2 is now available, which has many of the features people have emailed me about.

new features including sharing, advanced selections, and detailed statistics! Check it out below:

Get it free, here: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/so-track ... 81762?mt=8

And see the new features here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiMrdAGwtUQ

rocksolid
Division: Grad
State: CT

Post by rocksolid » October 19th, 2012, 10:46 pm

Did anyone use this in competition last year? I'm going to be the first in my team to try it this year.Did it work ok?

rocksolid
Division: Grad
State: CT

Post by rocksolid » November 3rd, 2012, 5:34 am

Guess not. Maybe it is too early to think about the competitions. Can it be used in Invitationals?

kennethfriedman

Post by kennethfriedman » November 8th, 2012, 3:17 pm

rocksolid wrote:Did anyone use this in competition last year? I'm going to be the first in my team to try it this year.Did it work ok?
Thanks for trying it out! I hope it works well for you (I created it). My entire team used it last year while testing it out, and it worked well (though you may say I'm biased)!

Ironically, it was approved on the App Store at 9pm the night before Nationals last year, but I was able to contact two other teams with people that I knew, and they also said it worked perfectly. I'm still adding things, and definitely open to suggestions.

It works with all invitationals, both B and C divisions. Let me know if you have any questions!

kennethfriedman

Post by kennethfriedman » January 19th, 2013, 3:46 pm

Just a reminder, this app can be used for invitationals as well as the "real" competitions!

Science Olympiad Tracker, free: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/so-track ... 81762?mt=8

ike
State: FL

Post by ike » January 20th, 2013, 7:05 am

I think it would be awesome if you could rank the top 100 teams based on previous scores at lower levels of the competition and the year before.

Return to “General Competition”