Proudest Moments

For anything Science Olympiad-related that might not fall under a specific event or competition.
Sciolapedia
Division: C
State: PA
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Proudest Moments

Post by Sciolapedia » March 27th, 2013, 5:33 pm

The first proudest moment of my scioly career was my first year when we finally won states beating out strath haven. They usually dominated along with bala cynwyd(spelled right?) . When we won everyone went crazy and so began our first state championship since 04. Hopefully we'll do it again this yeast.

The other moments have been when I proved my teammates and coaches wrong when I won my events of anatomy heredity and widi. Should have seen the looks on everyone's faces. Priceless.

Winning widi was amazing because I was finally with a partner who was good at building. Usually I had a bad partner who failed and made me look bad. My coach never put me with him because of sOme reason. When I won it I proved everyone wrong. Best moment.

haverstall
Division: Grad
State: MN

Post by haverstall » March 27th, 2013, 6:01 pm

I have a lot of proud moments in scioly. Would take a while to list them all. But I'll mention a few.

First proudest moment was probably getting 3rd in Remote Sensing soph year, because that year, our team was decimated by half of our varsity team going on an orchestra field trip, leaving us with a team half filled with sophomores and freshman. My partner and I got RS by the luck of the draw, and we had never done the event before. Getting 3rd was just as awesome as getting 1st, because we had zero expectations. Also was first state medal, but that's besides the point.

Junior year, I did RS at nationals and by some magic (or probably my partner, who's a genius), we got 6th. Walking up to that stage felt amazing, despite being 6th. What made that experience even better was that our team got 15th overall, and beat Eastview. :D

Senior year was probably getting the best team score at state in the past decade. I felt so proud of my teammates, considering I bombed the state meet.

And now as a grad, MV getting what I believe is the state record, or at least the state record for points in modern MNSO history (modern being probably starting in the mid-90s) was so awesome. Despite the fact I wasn't competing, I felt so proud that these people, who I had mentored for the past 4 years were doing amazing things, not to mention they had a giant target on their backs the entire year.

The proudest of all these moments still has to be the 3rd place medal though. Getting your first state medal is a feeling that just cannot be replicated. Not to mention it started a deep interest in Remote Sensing for me, which I think was invaluable.
Mounds View Science Olympiad 2008-2012 || 6th, Remote Sensing, 2011 Nationals

Co-Tournament Coordinator of Gopher Science Olympiad Invitational
Co-Chair of Minnesota Science Olympiad Alumni

Epicness101
Division: B
State: NY

Post by Epicness101 » April 3rd, 2013, 4:55 pm

Definitely getting 3rd place in RFTS at States.
From da Big Apple

Cheesy Pie
State: MI

Post by Cheesy Pie » April 4th, 2013, 4:10 am

Also getting 1st in R&M, despite the fact that my partner had tried to steal JV's binder and I only found out 20 minutes before the event started. :lol: (He was also quite the deadbeat for Helicopters, apparently building the entire device in a few days, much to the chagrin of his partner. They're now using JV's helicopter. :lol: )
100% of deaths are somehow caused by science.
Don't be a statistic.
Don't do science.

Naperville Central High School '17 :arrow: Michigan State University Physics '21
GO GREEN GO WHITE

vennowsah
State: CA

Post by vennowsah » May 5th, 2013, 9:08 pm

My proudest moment was when my team got first place at Regionals, beating my rival's team who got second. :D
MLKHS '18
MIT '22

Expectations low, hopes high

sofan
Division: B
State: TX

Post by sofan » May 7th, 2013, 7:09 pm

Getting my first regional medal and state medal.
New school year! New scioly season! Another year to do something great!

2013 galveston regionals:
rotor: 3rd
pic: 2nd(Texas event)
overall:3rd
2013 state:
rotor:4th
overall: 12th :I

Allinea
State: MN

Post by Allinea » May 11th, 2013, 2:49 pm

Anytime I medal in Rocks. At River Falls my sophomore year, I was by myself and managed to snag 3rd. That same year, I got second at the conference tourney. This year I got 3rd at state while pulling all of the weight the entire season between my partner and I.
2013-2014 Season: [Boyceville/Conference/River Falls/Regions/State]
WIDI[2/-/6/2/x]
Rocks[5/1/3/-/x]
Glider[13/8/x/-/x]
Rollercoaster[3/-/12/2/x]
Sustainability[12/-/7/-/-]
Exp. Design[-/3/-/-/-]

ScienceOlympian
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: CA

Post by ScienceOlympian » May 11th, 2013, 8:33 pm

When my partner and I got a 4th place medal in Water Quality for the Churchill Invitational. It was my FIRST medal! And we were the only people to get a medal for a STUDY/LAB event (not build. We got like 3 build medals)
2017: Anatomy and Physiology, Chemistry Lab, Materials Science, Experimental Design, Hydrogeology
ScienceOlympian's Userpage

hscmom
Coach
Coach
State: CO

Proud Mama here

Post by hscmom » May 21st, 2013, 7:03 pm

Just finished our first national tourney and I'm proud of the team we took because they were kind and polite to everyone and they were respectful in dress and manner during the awards ceremony (there were some inappropriate outfits out there). Actually, most everyone we encountered there was polite and respectful, and that sure added to the experience. We got 25th overall and I thought that was a fine showing for our first (and hopefully not last) time at Nat's.

As a mom, I'm proud of my two little B kids. My youngest competed in Forestry (meh -- middle of the road scorewise), WIDI (18th, not bad), Mission (8th), and Metric (3rd). it was so neat to see her get a medal with her partner in that. They worked hard but it seemed like they were getting tired come about May 1 and I tried not to push too hard because our team's goal was to just go and experience Nationals...

And as another proud mom moment, my son, an alternate on the team, studied invasive species with his buddy. They got put on the event on April 22 and had 3 weeks to study. They worked hard and got gold. That was really cool.
Homeschool Science Colorado since August 2008

Jdogg
State: PA

Post by Jdogg » May 21st, 2013, 10:38 pm

I'm proud that I could be part of putting Harrington (Harriton but everyone says Harrington) back in the top 3 this year. It's been a really amazing experience and I couldn't be happier with how we placed as a team (well first would have been nice :P). We had a goal of getting top 3 this year and we definitely scared solon during the award ceremony :D. Overall, going up on stage at nats is just a remarkable feeling and being able to take everyone from our 30+ team up on stage was a great end to an amazing Scioly experience for me.
Harriton Class of 2013
Vice-Deputy of Avionics and Control for Lunar Lion
Assistant Coach of State College High School

Return to “General Competition”