Least Favorite Event?

For anything Science Olympiad-related that might not fall under a specific event or competition.
SakuraBunny28
Division: B
State: MD
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Least favorite event, in your opinion?

Post by SakuraBunny28 »

Food Science. I don't know why I dislike it, but it's probably because I'm not very interested in the whole general idea of studying food. I'd rather eat the food instead. :lol:
On the sixth day, God created the platypus. And God said, "Let's see the evolutionists try and figure this one out." (^▽^)

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ ┳━┳ ◡ ヽ(`Д´)ノ ┻━┻ TABLE FLIP!!

“The truth is, everyone is going to hurt you. You just got to find the ones worth suffering for.”

― Bob Marley
Hosj
Division: C

Post by Hosj »

Lets see...I sorta hated road scholar, a ton of easy questions, no thinking, just throwing massive maps around. And it isn't about understanding concepts, it's about speeding up looking at maps. Not even science.
Nationals 2013: Meteorology 2nd, Water Quality 7th, Dynamic Planet 28th, Helicopters 41st
Nationals 2014:Hydrogeology 8th, Game On 25th
hc1220
State: MO

Post by hc1220 »

I would have to say metric mastery. It was sooo frustrating... Though we did ok in the end, after every test we felt like we failed it
2014: Ladue Middle- 8th at nats!
CaRoLyN_s

Post by CaRoLyN_s »

Definitely Rocks and Minerals...
some people say it is a really easy event, but somehow, they all look the same to me :oops:
2014 Events:
Disease Detectives
Sounds of Music
Meteorology
Simple Machines
tangentline
Division: Grad
State: CA

Post by tangentline »

From my experience, yes, Thermodynamics.

Our testing didn't produce the same results as the actual competition, errhhh and the competition was a little mean if you didn't have a list of specific heats (else you can't do a lot of the test) and was a bunch of random facts (like obscure history and the most out of whack unit conversion). And of course the testing is ridiculously annoying, boring, and tedious to pull off anyways.

Maybe if it was more based off of the laws of thermo etc and complicated math problems at my regionals.

Overall, Astronomy. I never tried it but none of the teams I've worked with seem to figure out the trick to score well. Plus its in the stars. From what I see in the events, farthest from my own personal practical use.
caseyotis
State: NY

Post by caseyotis »

I've had bad experiences with Forestry tests, although I did well in them. >.> Compute This is so stupid, though.
http://scioly.org/wiki/index.php/User:Caseyotis
Welcome, welcome
“Goodbye,” said the fox.
“And now here is my secret, a very simple secret:
It is only with the heart that one can see rightly;
what is essential is invisible to the
eye.”
Le Petit Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
charmander123418

Post by charmander123418 »

Mission Possible. Water sprayed from our device during a test run at States and the batteries got wet, not to mention water sprayed all over my partner at Nationals. But then again, a lot of things could go wrong in Mission Possible...
Regionals: Water Quality-1st Reach for the Stars-1st Sounds of Music-2nd Mission Possible-20th (><)
States- Water Quality-1st Reach for the Stars-2nd Mission Possible-2nd
Nationals- Water Quality-7th Reach for the Stars-24th Mission Possible-37th

Water Quality's the best!!! ^^
ScienceOlympian
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by ScienceOlympian »

I have to share a story that I already told the people in the Keep the Heat forum.
My partner didn't do ANYTHING! He slacked off and made me do all of the work. I had to make the device, test it out, and study for the test, all during my Spring Break, when I could have been having free time. During States, I took the test, I predicted the temperature, I DID EVERYTHING! WE GOT 17TH, which is horrible. For all my hard work (I made 5 plots and had 100 note pages) I got 17th place. Wow. And the supervisor took off points because we used a bandana and a towel inside of the box because she classified it as commercial insulation. THEY SHOULD REALLY CLARIFY WHAT IS COMMERCIAL INSULATION!
And in an invitational, our box failed. Miserably. And we bombed the test. But we got 14th. Really bad, though.
I quit before Regionals (replaced it with Shock Value. Best decision of MY LIFE) but I got put back on Keep the Heat for State.
2017: Anatomy and Physiology, Chemistry Lab, Materials Science, Experimental Design, Hydrogeology
ScienceOlympian's Userpage
mrburrito
State: TN

Post by mrburrito »

ScienceOlympian wrote:I have to share a story that I already told the people in the Keep the Heat forum.
My partner didn't do ANYTHING! He slacked off and made me do all of the work. I had to make the device, test it out, and study for the test, all during my Spring Break, when I could have been having free time. During States, I took the test, I predicted the temperature, I DID EVERYTHING! WE GOT 17TH, which is horrible. For all my hard work (I made 5 plots and had 100 note pages) I got 17th place. Wow. And the supervisor took off points because we used a bandana and a towel inside of the box because she classified it as commercial insulation. THEY SHOULD REALLY CLARIFY WHAT IS COMMERCIAL INSULATION!
And in an invitational, our box failed. Miserably. And we bombed the test. But we got 14th. Really bad, though.
I quit before Regionals (replaced it with Shock Value. Best decision of MY LIFE) but I got put back on Keep the Heat for State.
That sounds more like your least favorite partner.
I bet you had to read this twice

Meliores Sumus Te

Visit my Wiki page: http://scioly.org/wiki/index.php/Mrburrito
ScienceOlympian
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by ScienceOlympian »

mrburrito wrote:
ScienceOlympian wrote:I have to share a story that I already told the people in the Keep the Heat forum.
That sounds more like your least favorite partner.
Not really. I did all of he work for WQ once, and I still liked it. And I hate studying Thermodynamics.
2017: Anatomy and Physiology, Chemistry Lab, Materials Science, Experimental Design, Hydrogeology
ScienceOlympian's Userpage

Return to “General Competition”