Awesomely Run Event Stories

For anything Science Olympiad-related that might not fall under a specific event or competition.
Phenakism
Division: B
State: CA
Been thanked: 0

Re: Awesomely Run Event Stories

Post by Phenakism » March 20th, 2020, 1:55 pm

Luo wrote:
March 19th, 2020, 8:43 pm
Phenakism wrote:
March 19th, 2020, 12:03 pm
We had this guy during the heredity regs session just in the middle of the session turn on some rock music, plugged in his earbuds, and start dancing and air guitaring in the middle of the room. For a good 30 minutes, while a bunch of middle schoolers were crying over dihybrid crosses and solving affairs, this guy was having the time of his life. We almost didn't finish the test, it was like incomp entertainment, you couldn't really stop watching. Wish every event was like that.
That was me! I was listening to this on repeat: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_LGujvDBD8
You were so cool! Wish you could run all of my events. Thank youuuu for being such a cool proctor!
COMPS (Mira Loma, Christensen, Regs, States [nvm]):
Mission Possible 4-8-1 (send golf balls pls)
Game On 8-1-1
Heredity 4-2-2

Current ~ Mission Possible, Heredity, Game On
Send golf balls

jaspattack
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: C
State: MO

Re: Awesomely Run Event Stories

Post by jaspattack » April 6th, 2020, 9:10 am

I've only had the chance to do Forensics once, but I really loved the way our region set it up. Everything was laid out for us in a binder mimicking a dossier, and it was a really cool way to distribute the information. I really wish my partner and I had practiced more going into the event because I loved the way it was run, but I suppose it just wasn't meant to be.
2019-20 Events (C): Designer Genes, Forensics, Fossils
2018-19 Events (C): Designer Genes, Fossils, Write It Do It (Mousetrap Vehicle and Experimental Design @ Regionals)
2017-18 Events (B): Rocks and Minerals, Wright Stuff, Write It Do It
I edit the wiki sometimes.

Return to “General Competition”