Class for Scioly Rumors

For anything Science Olympiad-related that might not fall under a specific event or competition.
Magikarpmaster629
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: Grad
State: MA
Location: No idea, but I can tell you exactly how fast I'm going

Class for Scioly Rumors

Postby Magikarpmaster629 » May 1st, 2016, 6:51 pm

Apparently there's this rumor going around Missouri that my team, Ladue, has a class for Science Olympiad. We don't, of course, but my team has also made accusations that teams like Solon and Troy actually have classes for Science Olympiad. I don't expect any schools really have these classes, but have any of you heard this rumor before?
Ladue Science Olympiad (2014ish-2017)

A wild goose flies over a pond, leaving behind a voice in the wind.
A man passes through this world, leaving behind a name.

bernard
Administrator
Administrator
State: WA

Re: Class for Scioly Rumors

Postby bernard » May 1st, 2016, 7:01 pm

Apparently there's this rumor going around Missouri that my team, Ladue, has a class for Science Olympiad. We don't, of course, but my team has also made accusations that teams like Solon and Troy actually have classes for Science Olympiad. I don't expect any schools really have these classes, but have any of you heard this rumor before?
Science Olympiad isn't a class a Troy but I'm sure that many of its members put Science Olympiad before their classes. Here in Washington I know of one school that has a class for Science Olympiad; they send around 6 teams to regionals.
"One of the ways that I believe people express their appreciation to the rest of humanity is to make something wonderful and put it out there."

sciolyFTW_aku
Division: C
State: MO

Postby sciolyFTW_aku » May 1st, 2016, 7:17 pm

That's the thing about any sport/activity; the teams that don't do too well accuse the teams that do well of having extra resources that they don't have, just as an excuse. But, I've never heard of a class for Science Olympiad, even thought that would be great! :D
B-)

calvin102111
State: IN

Postby calvin102111 » May 1st, 2016, 7:20 pm

At my school, our coach generally makes us come in for our SRT. However, I've never heard of an entire class for SciOly.
Captain for 2016/17 Season

Projected Events: Wind Power; Dynamic Planet; Ecology; Optics; R & M; WIDI

dcrxcode
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Postby dcrxcode » May 1st, 2016, 7:21 pm

In Indiana, there was a huge rumor that Munster, the Indiana state champion for three straight years had a SciOly class. In fact, this rumor was why quite a few of my teammates quit a few years ago. This was later proven to be only a rumor.

However, Lake Central High School supposedly does have a SciOly class, according to a reputable source. They're usually in the Top 5 at state.

calvin102111

Postby calvin102111 » May 1st, 2016, 7:26 pm

In Indiana, there was a huge rumor that Munster, the Indiana state champion for three straight years had a SciOly class. In fact, this rumor was why quite a few of my teammates quit a few years ago. This was later proven to be only a rumor.

However, Lake Central High School supposedly does have a SciOly class, according to a reputable source. They're usually in the Top 5 at state.
I've heard the same about Lake Central. My only question is how that would be allowed by the state. I'm from Chesterton, by the way. Nice to see another person from Indiana. Grats on the win at state!

dcrxcode
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Postby dcrxcode » May 1st, 2016, 7:30 pm

I've heard the same about Lake Central. My only question is how that would be allowed by the state. I'm from Chesterton, by the way. Nice to see another person from Indiana. Grats on the win at state!
Thanks! Second for two years straight is no joke either, especially when it's TJ. I think it'd just be an elective, so I don't see why the state would have a problem with it.

Entomology
State: CA

Postby Entomology » May 1st, 2016, 7:30 pm

I've heard that it's actually a class at muscatel- but I may or not be wrong. Eiether way, their success shouldn't be attributed to this fact, because I'm pretty sure that they study hard.
CCA '20 Captain
Herpetology, Fossils, Boomilever, Mousetrap Vehicle

samlan16
State: TN

Postby samlan16 » May 1st, 2016, 7:34 pm

Many people in my county accused both my middle and high school of having classes. Technically, you could do SO at my HS through independent study, but that is an upperclassman privilege.

What I've noticed, to be blunt, is that it's the people who hate successful teams that spawn these rumors. They try to play down our victory so it is not attributed to our hard work.
Remember, we are proud of every team that participated and you are all winners.

calvin102111

Postby calvin102111 » May 1st, 2016, 7:35 pm

Thanks! Second for two years straight is no joke either, especially when it's TJ. I think it'd just be an elective, so I don't see why the state would have a problem with it.
Ah yeah, didn't think about it being an elective.

Return to “General Competition”