2017 Event Groupings

For anything Science Olympiad-related that might not fall under a specific event or competition.
rds2017
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: 2017 Event Groupings

Post by rds2017 » August 30th, 2016, 9:39 pm

Bernard,

Do you know where the rulebook can be accessed? I wasnt aware it was out already.

bernard
Administrator
Administrator
Division: Grad
State: WA
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by bernard » August 30th, 2016, 11:01 pm

rds2017 wrote:Bernard,

Do you know where the rulebook can be accessed? I wasnt aware it was out already.
It will be available in the Science Olympiad store on September 6.
"One of the ways that I believe people express their appreciation to the rest of humanity is to make something wonderful and put it out there."
Rate my tests!

Unome
State: GA

Post by Unome » August 31st, 2016, 4:22 am

rds2017 wrote:What about Hovercraft though? Isn't that part test too?
Actually now that I think about it this is a good point; Hovercraft wasn't in the conflict blocks. My best guess is that it will be run similar to Mission Possible (although tbh that's not exactly a very good guess).
Userpage
Chattahoochee High School Class of 2018
Georgia Tech Class of 2022

Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.

chalker
State: OH

Post by chalker » August 31st, 2016, 5:15 am

kaziscioly wrote: Is this confirmed? If I recall correctly, in the past there have typically been more than 2 events in a single conflict block...
Seeing as how I personally helped develop the National schedule, and I have some of the first physical copies of the Rules Manual sitting in front of me right now, I can assure you this is what is published in the rules manual. Both Disease and Ex. Design will be in the 7-8AM blocks. Hovercraft will be a signup event. I can't guarantee that individual States will follow this National schedule.

Student Alumni
National Event Supervisor
National Physical Sciences Rules Committee Chair

summit
Division: B
State: CO

Post by summit » August 31st, 2016, 7:57 am

chalker wrote:
kaziscioly wrote: Is this confirmed? If I recall correctly, in the past there have typically been more than 2 events in a single conflict block...
Seeing as how I personally helped develop the National schedule, and I have some of the first physical copies of the Rules Manual sitting in front of me right now, I can assure you this is what is published in the rules manual. Both Disease and Ex. Design will be in the 7-8AM blocks. Hovercraft will be a signup event. I can't guarantee that individual States will follow this National schedule.

Thank you!

Erasmus Wembley

Post by Erasmus Wembley » September 2nd, 2016, 9:48 am

chalker wrote:
Perfect. Thanks for your help on this.

bearasauras
State: CA

Post by bearasauras » September 2nd, 2016, 3:49 pm

Erasmus Wembley, since you're asking for the SoCal State schedule, it'll be released this weekend. Your Regional (San Diego) schedule will be posted after that. We typically post the schedule over Labor Day weekend. And yes, I can also confirm Chalker's conflict blocks since I also have my rules manuals in front of me.

Erasmus Wembley

Post by Erasmus Wembley » September 2nd, 2016, 5:50 pm

bearasauras wrote:Erasmus Wembley, since you're asking for the SoCal State schedule, it'll be released this weekend. Your Regional (San Diego) schedule will be posted after that. We typically post the schedule over Labor Day weekend. And yes, I can also confirm Chalker's conflict blocks since I also have my rules manuals in front of me.
Thanks. We haven't formalized our lineup yet, but it did allow us to start thinking about possible combinations. We'll wait for the San Diego schedule, but we were able to get some work done.

Magikarpmaster629
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: MA
Location: No idea, but I can tell you exactly how fast I'm going

Post by Magikarpmaster629 » September 2nd, 2016, 6:14 pm

chalker wrote:Here you go. Events on a single line conflict with each other.

Div B:
Disease, Ex. Design
A&P, Crime Busters, D. Planet
Ecology, Fast Facts
Food Sci, Rocks, WIDI
Invasives, Road Sch.
Meteorology, Microbes, Optics
Reach Stars, Wind

Div C:
Disease, Ex. Design
A&P, Chem Lab, D.Planet
Astronomy, Game On, Invasives
Ecology, Optics
Forensics, R. Sensing
Hydro, Mat. Sci., Microbe
Rocks, Wind, WIDI
Just pointing it out, this seems like the best possible schedule IMO. It only has completely unrelated events conflicting, and I like the idea of Ex Design getting more time for grading.
Ladue Science Olympiad (2014ish-2017)

A wild goose flies over a pond, leaving behind a voice in the wind.
A man passes through this world, leaving behind a name.

Return to “General Competition”