Shoot the breeze with other Olympians.
Pi-Bot
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Re: Your Daily Random Comment

Post by Pi-Bot »

BennyTheJett wrote: April 8th, 2021, 5:46 pm
stenopushispidus wrote: April 8th, 2021, 4:55 pm
twoplustwoisten wrote: April 8th, 2021, 4:25 pm

ok i have one VERY large problem with that, you were here and didn't come say hi? D:

that book sounds epic
i said hi but i was disguised as food and you didn’t say hi because you didn’t eat :?

it is epic but the first chapter is...concerning
Steno, is this where I need to be worried?
I feel scared ..but its a good thing I live so close to traj.
~~~ This message was posted completely with code (dm: no, ver: 2.0.0). If there is an error, please contact pepperonipi in the signature. ~~~
Disruptions could happen over the next few days. If anything serious, please DM pepperonipi.
Hey! I'm Pi-Bot, a Transmutation Hovertruck created by pepperonipi! I post at specified times with no human around. If you have any questions about me, please message pepperonipi!

Wiki: Contributions | Tasks
Forums: Changelog
Pi-Bot

Post by Pi-Bot »

Pi-Bot wrote: April 11th, 2021, 9:10 am
BennyTheJett wrote: April 8th, 2021, 5:46 pm
stenopushispidus wrote: April 8th, 2021, 4:55 pm

i said hi but i was disguised as food and you didn’t say hi because you didn’t eat :?

it is epic but the first chapter is...concerning
Steno, is this where I need to be worried?
I feel scared ..but its a good thing I live so close to traj.
~~~ This message was posted completely with code (dm: no, ver: 2.0.0). If there is an error, please contact pepperonipi in the signature. ~~~
Last Friday, we were out on our field practicing, and some of the kids on that team are probably better than me.
Disruptions could happen over the next few days. If anything serious, please DM pepperonipi.
Hey! I'm Pi-Bot, a Transmutation Hovertruck created by pepperonipi! I post at specified times with no human around. If you have any questions about me, please message pepperonipi!

stenopushispidus
State: HI

Post by stenopushispidus »

twoplustwoisten wrote: April 10th, 2021, 8:48 am
stenopushispidus wrote: April 9th, 2021, 9:43 pm
twoplustwoisten wrote: April 8th, 2021, 5:52 pm
this is slander of the highest degree i've eaten recently D:<

should i read it?
define “recently” smh

i mean you can if you want to? it is a very good book (name of the book is “When We Were Magic”)
*then* recently was like 7 hours before and then half an hour later i got sushi yay. *now* recently is like overnight because i don't eat breakfast :/

i'll take a peek :D
sushi!!

why is polaroid film so expensive DD: i want to waste my money-that-i-never-spend on another camera because i want to get a better quality camera but like the ones with cheaper film cost $200 ish and the $150 one is $16 per 8pack of film so $2 PER PICTURE ;-;;;;;;;
i try to exist sometimes

Tournament Volunteering:
• Co-Writer/Grader for Menomonie Dynamic Planet (B)
• Co-Writer/Grader for Menomonie Water Quality (B)
• Writer/Grader for February SMEC Water Quality (C)
pikachu4919
Division: Grad
State: IN
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers

Post by pikachu4919 »

stenopushispidus wrote: April 12th, 2021, 11:31 am
stenopushispidus wrote: April 9th, 2021, 9:43 pm

define “recently” smh

i mean you can if you want to? it is a very good book (name of the book is “When We Were Magic”)
*then* recently was like 7 hours before and then half an hour later i got sushi yay. *now* recently is like overnight because i don't eat breakfast :/

sushi!!

why is polaroid film so expensive DD: i want to waste my money-that-i-never-spend on another camera because i want to get a better quality camera but like the ones with cheaper film cost $200 ish and the $150 one is $16 per 8pack of film so $2 PER PICTURE ;-;;;;;;;
What kind of Polaroid camera?

For the record I have an Instax Mini 8 and I always bring it with me whenever I volunteer at nats - I snap free Polaroid pictures for people to keep if they can find me at the swap meet. But I agree, Polaroid film in general is quite expensive and that's something that bugs me about it too :p but also like I'm more trained in DSLR photography (photojournalism specifically) so I haven't completely figured out the keys to Polaroid photography.
Last edited by pikachu4919 on April 12th, 2021, 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Carmel HS (IN) '16
Purdue BioE '21? reevaluating my life choices
Nationals 2016 ~ 4th place Forensics

"It is important to draw wisdom from different places. If you take it from only one place, it becomes rigid and stale." -Uncle Iroh

About me || Rate my tests!
Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.

MY CABBAGES!
stenopushispidus

pikachu4919 wrote: April 12th, 2021, 5:50 pm

sushi!!

For the record I have an Instax Mini 8 and I always bring it with me whenever I volunteer at nats - I snap free Polaroid pictures for people to keep if they can find me at the swap meet. But I agree, Polaroid film in general is quite expensive and that's something that bugs me about it too :p but also like I'm more trained in DSLR photography (photojournalism specifically) so I haven't completely figured out the keys to Polaroid photography.
i currently have a kodak printomatic which has decently priced film, 50¢ per picture. the camera i’m looking at is the polaroid onestep+ (actually $140, my bad). i was considering the polaroid now for $100 but i figured if i was going to buy a high-end camera i might as well buy the better one for the long run.

i like my current camera for casual pictures but it uses zink polaroid paper (lower print quality than other types of film because of the heat crystals process) and prints mediocre quality, not very nice photos if the object being photographed is a short distance away. the printomatic is also a print-and-shoot. i wanted a casual one and a more expensive but better quality and this one has a lot of great features like double exposure, portrait and landscape lens, etc.

i have a non-explainable resentment against the instax cameras (my first polaroid actually, got it as a gift from an aunt. long story short, accidentally fell off a cliff).

i like polaroid photos a lot more than digital cameras and such and i’m not sure completely as to why, but mostly because i think i love how some polaroid cameras can be focused and such, but not edited like digital photos. they’re just how they are and don’t deceive nearly as much as other photography.

analog cameras>digital cameras :p
(ignore the fact that the camera i have atm is a digital polaroid camera)

unfortunately, my “knowledge” in photography does not go beyond polaroid/instant print photography.

i’d be happy tot all to you anytime about this stuff haha, i don’t know anyone else who likes this stuff so i just kinda...research it for you’re on the down-low and soak up info.

if you or anyone else has polaroid camera recommendations, just lmk!
i try to exist sometimes

Tournament Volunteering:
pikachu4919
Division: Grad
State: IN
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers

Post by pikachu4919 »

stenopushispidus wrote: April 12th, 2021, 6:32 pm

sushi!!

i currently have a kodak printomatic which has decently priced film, 50¢ per picture. the camera i’m looking at is the polaroid onestep+ (actually $140, my bad). i was considering the polaroid now for $100 but i figured if i was going to buy a high-end camera i might as well buy the better one for the long run.

i like my current camera for casual pictures but it uses zink polaroid paper (lower print quality than other types of film because of the heat crystals process) and prints mediocre quality, not very nice photos if the object being photographed is a short distance away. the printomatic is also a print-and-shoot. i wanted a casual one and a more expensive but better quality and this one has a lot of great features like double exposure, portrait and landscape lens, etc.

i have a non-explainable resentment against the instax cameras (my first polaroid actually, got it as a gift from an aunt. long story short, accidentally fell off a cliff).

i like polaroid photos a lot more than digital cameras and such and i’m not sure completely as to why, but mostly because i think i love how some polaroid cameras can be focused and such, but not edited like digital photos. they’re just how they are and don’t deceive nearly as much as other photography.

unfortunately, my “knowledge” in photography does not go beyond polaroid/instant print photography.

i’d be happy tot all to you anytime about this stuff haha, i don’t know anyone else who likes this stuff so i just kinda...research it for you’re on the down-low and soak up info.

Fair enough! I've been thinking about getting a different Polaroid anyways, just not super sure if I'll act on it tho.

I think I really like the instant print nature of Polaroid for sure, like they can just be really cool mementos (I keep a little printed polaroid that I took with NeilMehta in my wallet, it's one of my most precious treasures). I guess maybe years of being in high school newspaper just really got me used to digital photography. Hey, maybe we can teach each other what we know about our specializations!
Carmel HS (IN) '16
Purdue BioE '21? reevaluating my life choices
Nationals 2016 ~ 4th place Forensics

"It is important to draw wisdom from different places. If you take it from only one place, it becomes rigid and stale." -Uncle Iroh

About me || Rate my tests!
Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.

MY CABBAGES!
Pi-Bot

Post by Pi-Bot »

sushi!!

this was not a made for movie book... I refuse to watch HIMYM due to its similarities to Friends.

stenopushispidus

pikachu4919 wrote: April 12th, 2021, 10:07 pm
stenopushispidus wrote: April 12th, 2021, 6:32 pm

Fair enough! I've been thinking about getting a different Polaroid anyways, just not super sure if I'll act on it tho.

I think I really like the instant print nature of Polaroid for sure, like they can just be really cool mementos (I keep a little printed polaroid that I took with NeilMehta in my wallet, it's one of my most precious treasures). I guess maybe years of being in high school newspaper just really got me used to digital photography. Hey, maybe we can teach each other what we know about our specializations!
haha that would be great! not sure honestly what i could teach you because i’m quite new to all this and you probably already know what i know.
i love keeping polaroid pictures! i have a little cloth bag full of them and give them as gifts sometimes (whisper two’s package soon whisper)!
i try to exist sometimes

Tournament Volunteering:
twoplustwoisten
Division: C
State: ID

Post by twoplustwoisten »

stenopushispidus wrote: April 13th, 2021, 10:33 am
steno and Ms. Pika wrote: camera stuff words words words film is really really expensive wow
haha that would be great! not sure honestly what i could teach you because i’m quite new to all this and you probably already know what i know.
i love keeping polaroid pictures! i have a little cloth bag full of them and give them as gifts sometimes (whisper two’s package soon whisper)!
noooo not the packidge. . . i keep being threatened by new additions to this 'package' (>﹏<)
********************__
*******************/ _)
*********_.-------._/ /
*******/--------------/
****__/ (**|------(**|
___/__.-'|_|_____|_|
stenopushispidus

twoplustwoisten wrote: April 13th, 2021, 1:54 pm
stenopushispidus wrote: April 13th, 2021, 10:33 am
steno and Ms. Pika wrote: camera stuff words words words film is really really expensive wow
noooo not the packidge. . . i keep being threatened by new additions to this 'package' (>﹏<)
honestly idk if im going to be able to send an envelope or box and i really wanna send you a box but idkkkk. the envelope would contain the project though >:D
i try to exist sometimes

Tournament Volunteering:

Return to “General Chat”