CTY anyone?

Shoot the breeze with other Olympians.
User avatar
soobsession
Member
Member
Posts: 407
Joined: March 21st, 2009, 2:33 pm
Division: C
Location: Chasing butterflies on a circumzenithal arc.
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: CTY anyone?

Post by soobsession » May 24th, 2009, 9:03 am

CTY is Center of Talented Youth. Basically it's a 3-week sleepaway camp that you go to over the summer and you learn about a specific course that you choose. They range from writing, humanities, math and the sciences and you have to take a test to get in (SAT/ACT if you're in 7th grade+, SCAT if you're in 6th grade-) CTY can be at a variety of different places in a variety of different countries like a posted before. I was just curious to see if I could meet any scioly people there.
:D

"Do or do not. There is no try" -Yoda

Image
Image

User avatar
sewforlife
Member
Member
Posts: 350
Joined: March 26th, 2009, 1:22 pm
Division: B
Location: US
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: CTY anyone?

Post by sewforlife » May 25th, 2009, 6:18 am

yep. CTY is a "nerdy" camp, but for scioly ppl I don't think there would be a problem of nerdiness.

Who else is going to JHU 1st session? We (soobsession and I) could meet you. :)
Nerds rule. Nerds are awesome. Nerds will someday (soon) rule the world. And you know it.

2010. Be prepared. If not, you f(l)ail!

One Team
One Dream
to REDEEM

User avatar
HappySciencePie
Member
Member
Posts: 95
Joined: March 3rd, 2009, 3:03 pm
Division: C
State: NY
Location: Ward Melville! <3
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: CTY anyone?

Post by HappySciencePie » May 25th, 2009, 6:17 pm

OH YES.
I'm so excited for CTY. I can barely wait for school to end xDDDD

Umm, I don't know everything about it, though o-o
Lancaster, Session 1. OS.
That's about all I know xD
Ohh, and I'm doing Crafting the Essay too :3
Devari, who is inactive on this forum, is going to do it with me :]

I have a friend going to Baltimore in Session 1 :3
Nationals 2011: Flying Bird; team (Gelinas) ~ 7th
Nationals 2010: Optics ~ 9th; team (Gelinas) ~ 3rd
MELLO YELLO
Ward Melville FTW <3

User avatar
sewforlife
Member
Member
Posts: 350
Joined: March 26th, 2009, 1:22 pm
Division: B
Location: US
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: CTY anyone?

Post by sewforlife » May 26th, 2009, 5:53 pm

HappySciencePie wrote:
I have a friend going to Baltimore in Session 1 :3
on scioly?
Nerds rule. Nerds are awesome. Nerds will someday (soon) rule the world. And you know it.

2010. Be prepared. If not, you f(l)ail!

One Team
One Dream
to REDEEM

User avatar
soobsession
Member
Member
Posts: 407
Joined: March 21st, 2009, 2:33 pm
Division: C
Location: Chasing butterflies on a circumzenithal arc.
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: CTY anyone?

Post by soobsession » May 27th, 2009, 2:03 pm

HappySciencePie wrote:OH YES.
I'm so excited for CTY. I can barely wait for school to end xDDDD

Umm, I don't know everything about it, though o-o
Lancaster, Session 1. OS.
That's about all I know xD
Ohh, and I'm doing Crafting the Essay too :3
Devari, who is inactive on this forum, is going to do it with me :]

I have a friend going to Baltimore in Session 1 :3
nice. :D does (s)he do SO? ive got a friend...maybe more going to lancaster...

"Do or do not. There is no try" -Yoda

Image
Image

User avatar
fmtiger124
Member
Member
Posts: 480
Joined: March 8th, 2009, 3:59 pm
Division: Grad
State: NY
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: CTY anyone?

Post by fmtiger124 » May 27th, 2009, 2:04 pm

soobsession wrote:
HappySciencePie wrote:OH YES.
I'm so excited for CTY. I can barely wait for school to end xDDDD

Umm, I don't know everything about it, though o-o
Lancaster, Session 1. OS.
That's about all I know xD
Ohh, and I'm doing Crafting the Essay too :3
Devari, who is inactive on this forum, is going to do it with me :]

I have a friend going to Baltimore in Session 1 :3
nice. :D does (s)he do SO? ive got a friend...maybe more going to lancaster...
i should go.....idk why i don't
Image

User avatar
soobsession
Member
Member
Posts: 407
Joined: March 21st, 2009, 2:33 pm
Division: C
Location: Chasing butterflies on a circumzenithal arc.
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: CTY anyone?

Post by soobsession » May 27th, 2009, 2:06 pm

yeah you should...i mean, if your parents are willing to pay, you wanna go, youve passed the SATs, theres no reason you shouldnt. you could meet some other nerds too :D ;) :geek:

"Do or do not. There is no try" -Yoda

Image
Image

User avatar
eyeball138
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Posts: 402
Joined: November 13th, 2006, 1:01 pm
Division: Grad
State: PA
Location: Strath Haven High School
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: CTY anyone?

Post by eyeball138 » May 27th, 2009, 2:20 pm

Did you take the SAT's to get in? I actually took the ACT.
My SHMS Team Results:
2007
Regionals- 3rd
States- 5th

2008
Regionals- 3rd
States- 5th

2009
Regionals- 2nd
States- 4th

2010
Regionals- 1st
States- 2nd
Nationals- 19th

C Division...

User avatar
soobsession
Member
Member
Posts: 407
Joined: March 21st, 2009, 2:33 pm
Division: C
Location: Chasing butterflies on a circumzenithal arc.
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: CTY anyone?

Post by soobsession » May 27th, 2009, 2:23 pm

yups. but of course, you can take the ACTs. (duh, thats why your going)...sry kinda talking/typing to myself... :? whats the difference between the ACTs and SATs?

"Do or do not. There is no try" -Yoda

Image
Image

User avatar
fmtiger124
Member
Member
Posts: 480
Joined: March 8th, 2009, 3:59 pm
Division: Grad
State: NY
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: CTY anyone?

Post by fmtiger124 » May 27th, 2009, 3:13 pm

soobsession wrote:yups. but of course, you can take the ACTs. (duh, thats why your going)...sry kinda talking/typing to myself... :? whats the difference between the ACTs and SATs?
i know the scoring system is different and i think some states only have one or the other.
Image

Post Reply

Return to “General Chat”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 28 guests