Team-1@ regs, 2@ states, 19@ nationals

Moving up to C.
sweetcoop
Division: Grad
State: CO
Has thanked: 0

Re: Baseball

Post by sweetcoop »

on August 10, 2009 Troy Tulowitzki of the Colorado Rockies hit the CYCLE. The umpire didn't give him what would have been his second homerun of the night when the ball went over foul pole but it doesn't matter cause the hit he got was his Single for the CYCLE. This also threw Tulo on an extremely short list of people that now has two people on it. He is now the second person in Baseball history to turn an unassisted triple play and hit for the CYCLE in his career.
ImageImage
The 10 most important two letter words.
If it is to be, it is up to me
gyourkoshaven
Division: C
State: PA
Been thanked: 0

Post by gyourkoshaven »

Sunday I went to AT&T Park and saw Reds at Giants. The Reds won 5-2 I'm thinking about changing my pick for NL Wild Card to the Rockies for several reasons: 1. Matt Cain gave up 5 runs 2. The Giants offense was shut down by AARON HARANG! 3. Being down 5-0 in the 6th with runners on 1st and 3rd (0 outs) Pablo Sandoval (The Giants best hitter) grounded into a double play; it scored a run but killed a rally. 4. Sandoval did the exact same thing in the 8th inning, except this time the bases were loaded and a Grand Slam would have tied the game.

It was a really unimpressive performance.
Strath Haven MS:
2008: Regionals-3, States-5
2009: Regionals-2, States-4
2010: Regionals-1, States-2, Nationals-19 :)
2011 (Co-captain): Regionals-1, States-1, Nationals-11 :D

Nationals: Aquifers-37, Compute This-13, Dynamic Planet-25, Ecology-6, Experimental Design-7, Junkyard-33

Moving to C...
fmtiger124
State: NY

Post by fmtiger124 »

gyourkoshaven wrote:Sunday I went to AT&T Park and saw Reds at Giants. The Reds won 5-2 I'm thinking about changing my pick for NL Wild Card to the Rockies for several reasons: 1. Matt Cain gave up 5 runs 2. The Giants offense was shut down by AARON HARANG! 3. Being down 5-0 in the 6th with runners on 1st and 3rd (0 outs) Pablo Sandoval (The Giants best hitter) grounded into a double play; it scored a run but killed a rally. 4. Sandoval did the exact same thing in the 8th inning, except this time the bases were loaded and a Grand Slam would have tied the game.

It was a really unimpressive performance.
one game is really not a good basis to determine that a team has a terrible offense.
gyourkoshaven

Post by gyourkoshaven »

I know but they haven't been playing well overall, and the Rockies have re-taken the lead.
Strath Haven MS:

Nationals: Aquifers-37, Compute This-13, Dynamic Planet-25, Ecology-6, Experimental Design-7, Junkyard-33

Moving to C...
sweetcoop

Post by sweetcoop »

gyourkoshaven wrote:I know but they haven't been playing well overall, and the Rockies have re-taken the lead.
And actually depending on how the Dodgers play the Rockies may be able to take the division
ImageImage
gyourkoshaven

Post by gyourkoshaven »

Phillies are kicking some serious butt. Next to consistency in the dictionary is a picture of Joe Blanton, J.A. Happ is a stud, Cliff Lee...well can you say anything but best deadline move in the history of MLB?, and they are tearing the seams off the ball. Howard hit a HR into the Visitor's Bullpen in CBP's center field. The Rockies, Cards and Dodgers can't even compare. I'm ready to start almost etching in stone a Phillies-Yankees Series. Boy that would be a great one.
Strath Haven MS:

Moving to C...
sweetcoop

Post by sweetcoop »

gyourkoshaven wrote:Phillies are kicking some serious butt. Next to consistency in the dictionary is a picture of Joe Blanton, J.A. Happ is a stud, Cliff Lee...well can you say anything but best deadline move in the history of MLB?, and they are tearing the seams off the ball. Howard hit a HR into the Visitor's Bullpen in CBP's center field. The Rockies, Cards and Dodgers can't even compare. I'm ready to start almost etching in stone a Phillies-Yankees Series. Boy that would be a great one.

No no no no no! A ROCKIES Yankees series is more like it.

Right now if the Rockies can win the next seven in a row and the Dodgers loose the next four against whoever they are playing the Rockies have a chance at taking over the Division
ImageImage
gyourkoshaven

Post by gyourkoshaven »

Actually that probably will happen, and they'll probably hold on to win the division (Remember a month and a half ago when the Dodgers lead was "100% insurmountable?). But do you really like their chances against the Phillies in a 7-game series? Yes they can hit, but the Phillies can too. Yes, Marquis is having a fabulous year, but the Phillies have 3 pitchers (Lee, Happ, Blanton) matching if not doing better than Marquis, not to mention a former WS MVP Cole Hamels. The Phillies are the best fielding team in the NL, both in looks and sabermetrically. They should get at least 3 Gold Gloves (Utley, Rollins, Victorino) and Feliz and Howard have improved their defense a ton (Won't go against Pujols and Wright though). And aside from closer (Which admittedly sucks) the Phillies bullpen is great with Madson as the best Set-Up Man in the league, admittedly Street has revived his career in Colorado, but who gets the ball to him if the starter doesn't go 8?

You'd have to pick the Phils in that series.
Strath Haven MS:

Moving to C...
EastStroudsburg13
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by EastStroudsburg13 »

I think the team that would most challenge the Phillies in the playoffs would be the Giants but they might not even make it. The Dodgers might give them a run, but the way they're playing now I think they have a clear shot. Now if only they can stay hot...
East Stroudsburg South Class of 2012, Alumnus of JT Lambert, Drexel University Class of 2017

Helpful Links
Wiki
Wiki Pages that Need Work
FAQ and SciOly FAQ Wiki
Chat (See IRC Wiki for more info)
BBCode Wiki

So long, and thanks for all the Future Dictator titles!

Return to “General Chat”