Politics

Shoot the breeze with other Olympians.
benk
Division: B
State: MI

Re: Politics

Postby benk » November 18th, 2011, 5:13 pm

Herman Cain's 9-9-9 plan cuts taxes to 9% business tax 9% income tax and 9% sales taxes. This eliminates tax LoOpholes that allow special interest groups - like GE - to pay no income taxes. the fact is that businesses an create jobs much more efeciently than the goverment. The reason they are not creating jobs isthe busness climate our politiias have created that imposes strangling regulations and creates unccertainty.
1. If you're going to post something its best to make sure we can read it
2. If you're going to post something, make sure you actually explain what you are arguing about
3. If you're arguing against taxation because it will make businesses not hire more workers (and I really can't tell if you are or not, but if you're supporting cain I'm guessing you are), I've never seen any evidence ever put forward that proves this. Republicans seem to think if they state this over and over again that it will make it true. Not really the case.
Roanald Reagan lowered taxes and the economy had the biggest peacetime boost in the nation's history, is that evidence to you? I agree that herman cain is better than your obama(passed on your economic ideas)
And follow your second idea: explain what you are aguing for.
Government is not the solultion to our problems, government is the problem - Ronald Reagan

PacificGoldenPlover
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: Grad
State: CA
Location: Somewhere where you don't normally see Pacific Golden Plovers

Postby PacificGoldenPlover » November 19th, 2011, 10:22 am

Actually, the economy didn't really grow. At the same time, the deficit ballooned skyward.
While Clinton raised taxes, the economy REALLY prospered, and we cut the deficit at the same time.
Life List: n. A list of bird species definitively seen by a birdwatcher.
PacificGoldenPlover's Life List : 319
Most recent lifer: Red-throated Loon

2014 (Mira Loma/Troy/Regionals/States/Nationals)
Dynamic Planet (2/2/1/1/1)
Designer Genes (1/4/1/13 (???)/13 (figures)
Water Quality (1/1/3/1/3)

Jocool
Division: C
State: NY

Postby Jocool » November 22nd, 2011, 2:11 pm

And that was with Newt Gingrich in his way.

Regulations on business do not destroy jobs. As I said before, they actually create regulation jobs, and make the jobs that people already have better. If you get rid of regulation, yes, technically there are more jobs, but none are worth having because the pay will become low and the conditions bad. THAT is the point of regulations, not just some crazy Democratic plan to control everything.
Go to Jocool's Userpage for my results.

Halo Series Fan
Male.
Assassinator #22.
C.P. Weber Scioly Team Rule #42: BLAME TEAM 3

benk

Postby benk » November 22nd, 2011, 5:17 pm

After the recent results of the mayoral race in my city... I have cemented my beliefs that democracy is a terrible way of governing. The people are stupid. To allow them to be in charge is thus a stupid idea. Because they do stupid stuff, like elect insensible people. Plato had it right. An oligarchy of philosophers/highly educated people is the best form of government.

DEMOCRACY is STUPID. :twisted:

Seriously though, I think it's stupid.
People with to much power will miss use it
Also regulations create government jobs, which tax payers pay for, while private sector jobs don't cost us anything

Government is not the solution to our problems, government is the problem-Ronald Reagan
Government is not the solultion to our problems, government is the problem - Ronald Reagan

PacificGoldenPlover
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Postby PacificGoldenPlover » November 22nd, 2011, 5:37 pm

Okay, but private sector jobs have been growing in this country for a long time since the recession, but those good numbers are being dropped because of all the public sector jobs we are losing. Look at this graph:
(Fort the record, I got this graph from the "liberal" site USnews.)
As you can see, the private sector is already creating jobsl; now if only the government could create some...

In addition, I tend to view government as a problem, but also view business as a problem. However, if you pit the two against each other, the problems cancel out. If you go towards one extreme, you get autocracy, towards the other, oligarchy.

benk

Postby benk » November 22nd, 2011, 5:43 pm

Okay, but private sector jobs have been growing in this country for a long time since the recession, but those good numbers are being dropped because of all the public sector jobs we are losing. Look at this graph:
(Fort the record, I got this graph from the "liberal" site USnews.)
As you can see, the private sector is already creating jobsl; now if only the government could create some...

In addition, I tend to view government as a problem, but also view business as a problem. However, if you pit the two against each other, the problems cancel out. If you go towards one extreme, you get autocracy, towards the other, oligarchy.
Find one on a nonparticon organization's site, not nbc, abc, cbs or cnn

PacificGoldenPlover
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Postby PacificGoldenPlover » November 22nd, 2011, 5:48 pm

Actually, I was joking about it being "liberal" (note the use of QUOTATION MARKS!!!

Okay, if I can't use cbs, abc, etc, you can't use them either, in addition to FOX, WorldNetDaily, NewsMax, New York Post, Washington Times, Weekly Standard, Wall Street Journal, etc.

benk

Postby benk » November 22nd, 2011, 6:02 pm

benk

Postby benk » November 22nd, 2011, 6:13 pm

How do you feel about redisturbution of wealth?

How do you feel about avg. Every students gpa so every one has the same.

If you answers are not the same is because u are at the top of you class, and you are a student who wants some of bill gates cash.

fmtiger124
State: NY

Postby fmtiger124 » November 22nd, 2011, 6:26 pm

Generally this thread isn't worth my time but...
I call pigeon. Not only is that website a blog, it's one of the most bias I've seen in a long time. PGP used a legit source, you complain and give us that? please.

Return to “General Chat”