Shoot the breeze with other Olympians.
pepperonipi
Division: C
State: FL
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers

Re: Politics

Post by pepperonipi »

sneepity wrote: January 6th, 2021, 10:46 am wear mask,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
doesn't matter what political party you're with, you'll get sick :youfeelapresence:
sick is indeed not fun
These users thanked the author pepperonipi for the post:
LittleMissNyan (January 6th, 2021, 2:36 pm)
happy new season!

University of Florida
My Wiki Page | WikiProject SciOly and Scioly.org | Pi-Bot

2019: Code, Fermi, Thermo
2020: Detector, Orni, Code (Substitution: Penn)
2021: Detector, Orni, Circuit, WICI
LittleMissNyan
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers

Post by LittleMissNyan »

yes oh and please for the actual love of god why are you storming the capitol I can't deal with this right now happy birthday to me
Last edited by LittleMissNyan on January 6th, 2021, 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author LittleMissNyan for the post (total 2):
sneepity (January 6th, 2021, 3:41 pm) • SilverBreeze (January 6th, 2021, 7:10 pm)
Sassies 146 and 160 🥖 🔪
Eagle Scout
bUiLdEr cULt
BennyTheJett
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: Grad
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by BennyTheJett »

LittleMissNyan wrote: January 6th, 2021, 2:34 pm yes oh and please for the actual love of god why are you storming the capitol I can't deal with this right now happy birthday to me
Because The Lord our Almighty God, Ruler In Heaven, Trump Be Thy Name, gave them the orders to. They are going to be the yugest martyrs, bigger than 9/11! The Lord wants to continue a racist agenda, and is very reactionary, so the Lord needs to get the Biden vote to stop, especially after Satan took control of congress.

Long Story Short: The evangelical religious right needs no reasoning. The same goes for the Proud Bois.
Last edited by BennyTheJett on January 6th, 2021, 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author BennyTheJett for the post (total 3):
Umaroth (January 6th, 2021, 6:04 pm) • sneepity (January 6th, 2021, 7:29 pm) • LittleMissNyan (January 7th, 2021, 5:03 am)
Menomonie '21 UW-Platteville '25

Division D and proud. If you want a Geology tutor hmu.
Tailsfan101
State: ID

Post by Tailsfan101 »

BennyTheJett wrote: January 6th, 2021, 4:47 pm
LittleMissNyan wrote: January 6th, 2021, 2:34 pm yes oh and please for the actual love of god why are you storming the capitol I can't deal with this right now happy birthday to me
Because The Lord our Almighty God, Ruler In Heaven, Trump Be Thy Name, gave them the orders to. They are going to be the yugest martyrs, bigger than 9/11! The Lord wants to continue a racist agenda, and is very reactionary, so the Lord needs to get the Biden vote to stop, especially after Satan took control of congress.

Long Story Short: The evangelical religious right needs no reasoning. The same goes for the Proud Bois.
I fall in the religious right, but I do not support violence as a means to get anything, ever. (Posting before someone misinterprets my beliefs, since I know I've been a bit vocal about them before)
"Blessed are you when people insult you and persecute you, and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of Me. Rejoice and be glad, for your reward in heaven is great; for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you." Matthew 5:11-12

I have no regrets.
Umaroth
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: CA

Post by Umaroth »

Tailsfan101 wrote: January 9th, 2021, 4:14 pm

I fall in the religious right, but I do not support violence as a means to get anything, ever. (Posting before someone misinterprets my beliefs, since I know I've been a bit vocal about them before)
Don't think anyone is misinterpreting your beliefs..... we know them for what they really are
These users thanked the author Umaroth for the post:
sciolyperson1 (January 9th, 2021, 4:43 pm)
Cal 2026
Troy SciOly 2021 Co-Captain
Proud Padre of the Evola SciOly Program 2018-now
Dank Memes Area Homeschool Juggernaut 2018-now
Sierra Vista SciOly Co-Head Coach 2020-now

Umaroth's Userpage
PM2017

Post by PM2017 »

Umaroth wrote: January 9th, 2021, 4:38 pm

Don't think anyone is misinterpreting your beliefs..... we know them for what they really are
Don't think this is the right rhetoric for this conversation...
I'm no fan of most of the religious right either, but this type of "I-know-what-you-believe-despite-what-you-actually-say" attitude is one of the biggest problems in politics today IMO.

I say this as someone who used to be conservative, and so I'm all too familiar with people often assuming (lol i live in California) that my opinions were formed out of malice or something, rather than honestly thinking that those ideas were for the best.

(and now that my opinions have matured a bit and I lean center-left, I get this from the other side lmao).
These users thanked the author PM2017 for the post:
sciolyperson1 (January 15th, 2021, 6:23 pm)
West High '19
UC Berkeley '23

Go Bears!
Umaroth
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by Umaroth »

PM2017 wrote: January 15th, 2021, 5:12 pm

I'm no fan of most of the religious right either, but this type of "I-know-what-you-believe-despite-what-you-actually-say" attitude is one of the biggest problems in politics today IMO.

I say this as someone who used to be conservative, and so I'm all too familiar with people often assuming (lol i live in California) that my opinions were formed out of malice or something, rather than honestly thinking that those ideas were for the best.

(and now that my opinions have matured a bit and I lean center-left, I get this from the other side lmao).
It's not a conversation
These users thanked the author Umaroth for the post:
sciolyperson1 (January 15th, 2021, 6:23 pm)
Cal 2026
Troy SciOly 2021 Co-Captain
Proud Padre of the Evola SciOly Program 2018-now
Dank Memes Area Homeschool Juggernaut 2018-now
Sierra Vista SciOly Co-Head Coach 2020-now

Umaroth's Userpage
PM2017

Post by PM2017 »

Umaroth wrote: January 15th, 2021, 5:15 pm
PM2017 wrote: January 15th, 2021, 5:12 pm

It's not a conversation
Whether or not this was intended, this is the type of arrogance/elitism that is part of what causes such a distaste for left-leaning politics in large parts of the US. It absolutely is a conversation, and regardless of whether or not I believe that a certain set of political views are correct, that does not give me an excuse to dismiss anyone else's viewpoints, regardless of whether or not I think they're stupid, errant, or even malicious.
These users thanked the author PM2017 for the post (total 5):
Booknerd (January 16th, 2021, 10:53 am) • Unome (January 17th, 2021, 7:46 pm) • Tailsfan101 (January 18th, 2021, 11:25 am) • nobodynobody (February 1st, 2021, 10:56 am) • Jehosaphat (April 20th, 2021, 9:24 am)
West High '19
UC Berkeley '23

Go Bears!
Jehosaphat
State: MI

Post by Jehosaphat »

As someone who also leans religious right, I would be the first person to point out the hypocrisy on both sides of the aisle. The right is "holier-than-thou", the left is "woker-than-thou". When we all get together, talk, and rationalize our standpoints things will get much better. We need to stop "othering" each other. If we dehumanize the other side, we will never find a way to get along, but both sides are guilty of trying to make the opposite party look like demons.

Turn off the news and talk to someone for a change.
Waiting for the return of Ecology all by myself
HHS '22
Hope '26

Return to “General Chat”