benk
Division: B
State: MI
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Politics

Post by benk »

I strive to tell the truth and if you are mad: 1st Amend.: Freedom of speech
Government is not the solultion to our problems, government is the problem - Ronald Reagan
rkoopma2
Division: C

Post by rkoopma2 »

I'll admit, it is funny, but we're not going to get anywhere with our liberal opponents here with riducule, kay
2012 state Events
Anatomy and Physiology: 6
Disease Detectives: 3
Microbe Mission: 21
Protein Modeling: 2

"As government expands, liberty contracts" - Ronald Reagan
EastStroudsburg13
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
Division: Grad
State: PA
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by EastStroudsburg13 »

Just for your information guys, this is the sort of demographic you're dealing with:
So I'd avoid making fun of liberals too much.

You may continue.
East Stroudsburg South Class of 2012, Alumnus of JT Lambert, Drexel University Class of 2017

Helpful Links
Wiki
Wiki Pages that Need Work
FAQ and SciOly FAQ Wiki
Chat (See IRC Wiki for more info)
BBCode Wiki

So long, and thanks for all the Future Dictator titles!
PacificGoldenPlover
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: CA

Post by PacificGoldenPlover »

Reverse scenario: is it any better that rich people gave money to Bush, and then he gave them a tax cut, and Koch Brothers gave money to Bush, and he let them pour out 93 metric tons of carcinogenic benzene into the air? You can't make it bad for Obama and okay for a Republican; it is either good or bad.
I would stipulate that the Occupy Wall Street Protest is actually quite peaceful: example:
On November 17th, two reporters from the conservative magazine Daily Caller were attacked by New York Police at Zucotti Park. Immediately afterwards, they were offered medical assistance from the Protesters. The Daily Caller website had previously said that the OWS was spreading murder, arson, and riots.

What's your reasoning that they are violent?
Life List: n. A list of bird species definitively seen by a birdwatcher.
PacificGoldenPlover's Life List : 319
Most recent lifer: Red-throated Loon

2014 (Mira Loma/Troy/Regionals/States/Nationals)
Dynamic Planet (2/2/1/1/1)
Designer Genes (1/4/1/13 (???)/13 (figures)
Water Quality (1/1/3/1/3)
PacificGoldenPlover
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: CA

Post by PacificGoldenPlover »

benk wrote:I strive to tell the truth and if you are mad: 1st Amend.: Freedom of speech
Believe me, if you want to really go this far with the rhetoric, go to Yahoo comments.

rkoopma, if you were to look at all the times the tea party would interrupt town halls like Arlen Specter's, the lamestream media would fall all over it showing how powerful the Tea Party is. However, now that liberals are protesting at Republican Town Halls, you don't hear about it unless you go on ThinkProgress, or MSNBC.
Life List: n. A list of bird species definitively seen by a birdwatcher.
PacificGoldenPlover's Life List : 319
Most recent lifer: Red-throated Loon

2014 (Mira Loma/Troy/Regionals/States/Nationals)
Dynamic Planet (2/2/1/1/1)
Designer Genes (1/4/1/13 (???)/13 (figures)
Water Quality (1/1/3/1/3)
Deeisenberg
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: PA

Post by Deeisenberg »

benk wrote:The tea party is a group of people that are respectful to others and are peaceful.
The majority of the violence associated with the occupy movement has not been on the part of the protesters but by overreaction by law enforcement authorities. I won't say that all force was unnecessary or that there is no violence involved out of any members of the movement. That said given the size of the movement and the far larger sizes and more prolonged nature of occupy rallies in comparison with the Tea Party violence has been minimal.
rkoopma2 wrote:I find it a bit odd how the negatives such as crimes, and racial slurs, and generally disrespectal behavior of the wall street protesters have been largely ignored by the media, while during the height of the tea party movement, any non politically correct sign, gun or anything else was closely scrutinized and condemned by the media.
Have you been to any of the occupy sites. I see it every so often in Philadelphia. It is true that at any large demonstration that is focusing on a wide range of issues there are going to be some crazies however to take them and project that onto the entire group is not fair.
benk wrote:Not main stream media, lame stream
NBC: now barock channel
ABC: all barrock channel
PBS: praise barrock station
CBS: current barrock station
*Barack
I won't claim that there is not liberal bias on some major networks however this is mostly on OPINION shows. This is also mainly on cable networks not the evening news that you would see on the networks you describe. If you are going to tell me that there is greater bias on the part of the major nightly newscasts as opposed to some of the supposedly straight news shows on Fox News (not talking about opinion shows like O'Reilly and Hannity etc.) then I would have to consider you either warped, misinformed or deceitful. Certainly the majority of opinion anchors on MSNBC are liberal (Maddow, Schultz, O'Donnel, Sharpton, Matthews, formerly Olberman etc.) but that is counteracted by the largely conservative opinion broadcasts of Fox. Also CNN the other major cable news network generally has more straight news shows with analysis that makes an effort at being nonpartisan. Even so some of their former opinion oriented commentators have been very conservative, such as Lou Dobbs.

Also, please look at this wonderful article http://spfaust.wordpress.com/2011/10/15 ... at-53-guy/
Events: Herpetology, Fossils, Entomology, Rocks & Minerals, Ornithology, Ecology
Nationals 2008: 1st in Herpetology
Nationals 2009: 1st in Herpetology, 2nd in Fossils

Harriton Class of 2010
benk

Post by benk »

It seems to me that you all believe what your 8th grade history teacher said, which was problem something like this: republicans are evil, demorcrates are the party of the blacks(look who didn't vote for civil rights: democrats) and regulations are good, and the government is never to big, and life is eaiser in china, because if you do something against the government you disapper or die. ( yeah all things mine has said and it's only been 1trimester) listen to me, the numer one thing the education in our puplic schools does is produce democrates, and they are doing a great job
Government is not the solultion to our problems, government is the problem - Ronald Reagan
benk

Post by benk »

/[/quote]
benk wrote:How do you feel about redisturbution of wealth?

How do you feel about avg. Every students gpa so every one has the same.

If you answers are not the same is because u are at the top of you class, and you are in collage debt( since your division is grad)
Answer that Deeisenberg
fmtiger124
State: NY

Post by fmtiger124 »

Can I say something? If you want someone to actually bother to debate you, please come up with some sort of coherent, logical, thought out etc. argument about what you believe. Right now, you're simply spewing bull pigeon. You give me a decent argument about a specific subject, and I might bother debating you. Right now, you're a waste of my time.
RandomPerson
Staff Emeritus
Staff Emeritus
State: IN

Post by RandomPerson »

fmtiger124 wrote:Can I say something? If you want someone to actually bother to debate you, please come up with some sort of coherent, logical, thought out etc. argument about what you believe. Right now, you're simply spewing bull butterfly. You give me a decent argument about a specific subject, and I might bother debating you. Right now, you're a waste of my time.
To be fair though, the density of logical fallacies in his/her posts is mighty impressive.
A new era has begun

Return to “General Chat”