Division: C
State: NY
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers

Re: Story Time!

Post by sneepity »

Froggie wrote: May 31st, 2020, 7:33 am
raytay wrote: May 30th, 2020, 8:52 pm StOrYtImE
(Kinda)
Well I’m FaceTiming with my besties an we start getting into the usual how is it with who you like blah blah blah. One of them is like “I want to write about you guys!” What I’m trying to say is that one of my besties is writing a fanfic about me and the guy I like.
That happened to me in 5th grade art class, except instead of writing my friend dictated the story to us (me and the guy).
that must've been uncomfortable.....
wellduhsneepity
B)
Booknerd
Division: B
State: IL
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Booknerd »

Story time with Booknerd ("My Thoughts" Edition)

Sometimes, I wake up in the middle of the night to the sound of loud bangs in the distance. And every single time, I just hope and pray it's not a gun.

Living in a city with one of the highest crime rates in the whole country is slightly unsettling. I've never been impacted directly, but it is scary to think that only a few miles away, people who are just like me are suffering. For the past decades, there has probably never been a week that has passed without the death or severe injury of an individual. Every week, there is always the bad news of the loss of someone in the city. Sometimes I stop and think, "Why? What did this person do wrong to deserve this fate?" Nothing. They didn't do anything wrong. It just so happened that they were in the wrong place and wrong time, and someone with a gun pulls a trigger. All the memories and feelings and life in that human, gone in a second. It leaves a deep scar forever in the family, neighborhood, and city. It hurts a person in an irreversible way. A human, gone because another of its kind pulled a trigger. I sometimes wonder, "Why do people pull the trigger? Why do they shoot?" I don't know why, but I wish I did. I wish we could understand why people do this. If only we knew why, we could help each other, each person one at a time, look past each other's differences and build a stronger community, together. But sadly, life isn't always simple like that. And so every day, triggers are pulled, lives are put on hold, jail cells become full, and we never know why it happened in the first place.

I wish we could all put those guns down. I wish we could all stop fighting. I wish there could be a day, where we don't hear about the sad news of someone's hurt or pain, but hear the good news of hope for a better future. I wish we all could be a little more empathetic, and be a little kinder to each other. I wish we could all be good friends, and put aside our differences. I wish we all could walk a day in each other's shoes, and understand each other a little better. I wish, I wish, I wish. But of course, it's only a small wish from a kid who the world barely knows.

Sometimes, I wake up in the middle of the night, and dream of a better future for us. And maybe, just maybe, we'll get there.
These users thanked the author Booknerd for the post (total 13):
gz839918 (June 21st, 2020, 9:07 am) • EwwPhysics (June 21st, 2020, 10:35 am) • LittleMissNyan (June 21st, 2020, 2:25 pm) • jimmy-bond (June 27th, 2020, 11:33 pm) • anandymous (June 29th, 2020, 8:44 am) • lonelyBagel (July 5th, 2020, 10:29 pm) • Things2do (July 12th, 2020, 7:34 pm) • Fyren (August 19th, 2020, 8:08 am) • sneepity (August 19th, 2020, 10:14 am) • Efesa (September 23rd, 2020, 6:11 pm) and 3 more users
We don't talk about Pentathlon.
Fyren

Post by Fyren »

RiverWalker88 wrote: August 18th, 2020, 7:55 pm The FitnessGram Pacer test is a multistage aerobic capacity test that progressively gets more difficult as it continues. The 20 meter Pacer test will begin in 30 seconds. Line up at the start. The running speed starts slowly, but gets faster each minute after you hear this signal *boop*. A single lap should be completed each time you hear this sound *ding*. Remember to run in a straight line, and run as long as possible. The second time you fail to complete a lap before the sound, your test is over. The test will begin on the word start. On your mark, get ready, start.
Storytime!
Whenever I hear the PACER test instructions, I just start to contemplate life and think about the decisions I made that led me to that point for no reason whatsoever, so by the time the PACER actually starts, I'm already super into my thoughts and I get really scared by the *ding* noise, which then leads me into having a really bad start and almost falling over or stubbing my toe while running over to the other side. :\
TLDR: Fyren gets existential crisis during PACER
These users thanked the author Fyren for the post (total 3):
Booknerd (August 19th, 2020, 9:59 am) • sneepity (August 19th, 2020, 10:15 am) • Efesa (October 2nd, 2020, 2:11 pm)
imaditi
State: FL

Post by imaditi »

Fyren wrote: August 19th, 2020, 8:08 am
RiverWalker88 wrote: August 18th, 2020, 7:55 pm The FitnessGram Pacer test is a multistage aerobic capacity test that progressively gets more difficult as it continues. The 20 meter Pacer test will begin in 30 seconds. Line up at the start. The running speed starts slowly, but gets faster each minute after you hear this signal *boop*. A single lap should be completed each time you hear this sound *ding*. Remember to run in a straight line, and run as long as possible. The second time you fail to complete a lap before the sound, your test is over. The test will begin on the word start. On your mark, get ready, start.
Storytime!
Whenever I hear the PACER test instructions, I just start to contemplate life and think about the decisions I made that led me to that point for no reason whatsoever, so by the time the PACER actually starts, I'm already super into my thoughts and I get really scared by the *ding* noise, which then leads me into having a really bad start and almost falling over or stubbing my toe while running over to the other side. :\
Storytime!

When I hear pacer test now I am reminded of the first week ever of online class. We used Microsoft teams and not in the classroom version, (biggest mistake by far) so teachers had zero permissions whatsoever. I'm switching to my next class bio and somebody turns their mic on.

"The FitnessGram™ Pacer Test is a multistage aerobic capacity test that progressively gets more difficult as it continues. The 20 meter pacer test will begin in 30 seconds. Line up at the start. The running speed starts slowly, but gets faster each minute after you hear this signal *boop*. A single lap should be completed each time you hear this sound *ding*. Remember to run in a straight line, and run as long as possible. The second time you fail to complete a lap before the sound, your test is over. The test will begin on the word start. On your mark, get ready, start."

needless to say it gets chaotic and by the end of the week it became classroom version :)
Last edited by imaditi on August 19th, 2020, 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Orlando Science High School '23

imaditi's userpage
2017: Optics, Wind Power, Anatomy
2018: Optics, Rocks & Minerals, Battery Buggy
2019: Game On, Battery Buggy, Herp, Mystery
2020: Circuit, Machines, Detector, Code
Assassinator
Posting Games Account

Post by Assassinator »

imaditi wrote: August 19th, 2020, 1:48 pm
Fyren wrote: August 19th, 2020, 8:08 am
Storytime!
Storytime!

When I hear pacer test now I am reminded of the first week ever of online class. We used Microsoft teams and not in the classroom version, (biggest mistake by far) so teachers had zero permissions whatsoever. I'm switching to my next class bio and somebody turns their mic on.

"The FitnessGram™ Pacer Test is a multistage aerobic capacity test that progressively gets more difficult as it continues. The 20 meter pacer test will begin in 30 seconds. Line up at the start. The running speed starts slowly, but gets faster each minute after you hear this signal *boop*. A single lap should be completed each time you hear this sound *ding*. Remember to run in a straight line, and run as long as possible. The second time you fail to complete a lap before the sound, your test is over. The test will begin on the word start. On your mark, get ready, start."

needless to say it gets chaotic and by the end of the week it became classroom version :)
Story time: *Subtle Flex Inbound*

The year after I quit basketball I was in fairly good shape. I took a bet with a couple of the super-athletes as to who could go longer in the pacer test, just to force myself to actually have to try. They both quit after 62, so I did 124 just to make them feel good about themselves. :D
These users thanked the author Assassinator for the post:
LittleMissNyan (April 18th, 2021, 2:32 pm)
mogus
Booknerd
Division: B
State: IL
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Booknerd »

Story Time with Booknerd ("Reliving-the-parts-of-my-life-that-were-definitely-not-funny-back-then-but-are-funny-to-talk-about-3-years-later" edition)

Once we had a field trip that was almost like an overnight field trip but it wasn't. It was to this camp/forest/spooky woods out in the suburbs. It was a fun trip. For a good third of the day we did learning but we also did a lot of fun activities. One of them was archery. So there were these three targets: a deer, a turkey, and an oversized fly. Each were about 10 feet away from where we were standing. Obviously, the goal was to hit one of these targets. The turkey was this foam-like bird statue that just stood there on the ground with a blank expression. The fly was giant and ugly and looked... actually let's not talk about that. But the biggest target was the tall deer statue. Hit the deer they said, and you can bring an imaginary deer carcass home. Hit the deer they said, and if this were way back then and we were Native Americans you would've brought home a great meal. Hit the deer butt and we all knew that if you hit the deer butt you would be known as the best archer in the class. So. We all took turns. Everyone seemed to do fine. Pull back, angle it a little bit, fire, and hope it hit one of the targets. Sometimes it hit, most times it didn't. One by one, people tried. And then my turn came. So, I did just as the instructor told us to do. I got the bow, held it up in the right position, took the arrow, placed it and pulled back. But there was something wrong. So the instructor had to come over, and help me shoot. He literally walked over and took the bow and helped me because I was doing something wrong. And the instructor had not done this to anyone, but me, which was embarrassing. So something was wrong. And guess what it was. My skinny arms were too weak to pull back the bow far enough, so the instructor had to help me pull back the bow. So I tried. And of course, my arrows went soaring and flipping and hitting everything that wasn't the target. So archery was a total embarrassment for me. Moving on! Next we had this fun game we would play in the woods. It would be this giant game of tag, with some slight variations. We would get to run around in the woods for 3 hours playing this crazy game of tag. It sounds amazing. But of course, me being so very physically weak and a total wimp at that time, I would never go too far deep into the woods. But after an hour or so of staying in the open area where nothing much happened, I decided "why not try going a little deeper into the woods? There's probably more to do back there". Now let me give you some more background on this place. The area we were playing in the woods was this rectangle-ish space surrounded by roads on three sides, and a dangerous trench on the fourth. There were signs to warn you and told you to avoid falling into the trench. We were told that the trench was filled with all these spiky plants and was very very deep and would be very very dangerous. That was one of the big reasons why I avoided going too deep. But yes, I tried going a little bit deeper because it was boring in the open area. So I went in. Step by step. I was alone. Everything started to get bushier and denser and I could barely see the sun. And then I thought "what if I'm really close to the trench, I passed a bunch of warning signs without noticing, and I am about to fall to my death?" And so I started internally panicking. I decided to go left instead of going back the direction I came from which was kinda dumb of me. So I was walking deeper in the forest, internally freaking out and worrying that I'm lost and about to fall to my death, when I step on a log, and slip. The weather was kind of humid that day and all the trees and plants and grass were just the slightest bit wet. I had slipped on a log. And fell. And scratched my leg. For a quick moment I thought I had fallen into the forbidden trench itself. I was terrified. I was totally and perfectly fine my leg was not in bad shape it was just a scratch and a little blood but oh my- I was S H O O K. My internal panicking became even more internal panicking and then I started walking slowly into the woods hoping I would fine a way out and then I heard some bushes shaking. Something was nearby. And it was getting closer. "Could it be a bear?" I thought. And I stood there, frozen. Time seemed to stop. I stood there, and asked myself if my life would end at just that moment. The mystery was then solved when it was a person from my class that I recognized. I gave an immense sigh of relief. I was no longer lost in the woods. Yet I remembered something at just that moment. This was an organized game of tag that we were playing, and he was IT, I was supposed to run away to avoid getting tagged. But oh my gosh I was so relieved that I wasn't lost and alone in the woods and I willingly walked over to the person who I was supposed to be running away from and let them tag me. Of course he became very confused, but willingly accepted my defeat. Never had I been so happy to lose in a game of tag. So after he tagged me, I followed him out of the deep woods, and saw daylight again. Never again will I venture deep into those woods. Despite the fact that I've grown a lot and I'm more physically capable and less of a wimp, I will not go back into those woods for I do not want to relive those memories of getting lost and internally panicking for 5 minutes. Yes, this all happened in the span of 5 minutes but it felt like an HOUR I was lost in the woods. That was the best field trip I ever had in 5th grade. I still remember slipping on that log to this very day.

I hope you got a good laugh out of reading the jumbled mess of words I put together late at night. Thank you very much for coming to my ted talk. *takes a bow and walks off the stage*
These users thanked the author Booknerd for the post (total 3):
LittleMissNyan (September 28th, 2020, 5:35 am) • gz839918 (September 28th, 2020, 6:22 am) • lumosityfan (September 28th, 2020, 6:53 am)
We don't talk about Pentathlon.
MorningCoffee
State: PA

Post by MorningCoffee »

Story Time Revive!

About a year ago in October, a family farm in my area opens and there's a few fun activities like a giant corn maze. So I and a few friends decided to go as a group to take on the incredibly difficult corn maze. Now, two family friends who are siblings (Let's call them Andy and Harper) and their 1st grade brother (Let's call him Robert, he'll be important later) come as well, and I am responsible for them. When they meet my 6 foot friend, they are absolutely terrified of him for some reason, and try to keep their distance. We go inside the maze and are already lost. Andy and Harper are both whispering behind us, at the end of the group, so I turn around and ask what they're talking about. They look me dead in the eyes, and bolt in different directions. Of course, I freak out because I am responsible for them, so our entire group splits up to find them. We eventually found them and got back to together. They proceeded to do this multiple times, until 6 foot friend has to grab them the entire time. I decide we should do a quick head count, and this is exactly what I said: "Ok, 5, 6, 7, 8. 8? I can swear there were nine of- OH FRICK WHERE'S ROBERT" First grade Robert has disappeared, and I was absolutely horrified. I'm about to split the group again when I hear from across the row of corn "HAHAHAHAH YOU'LL NEVER CATCH MEEE". So we know where he is and spend the next 15 minutes trying to get to him. SO we got him, and 6 foot friend decides we need to pick him up, and Robert starts screaming. Then Harper goes, "Yea, we ran because we're scared of your 6 foot friend." So i yell at them quite a bit, and we eventually escape the maze. So lesson learned: I now hate kids.

also did i mention my other friend stole some corn from the maze?
These users thanked the author MorningCoffee for the post:
gz839918 (January 28th, 2021, 7:38 am)
Events 2023-2024:
uhh we'll find out let me apply to college first

orch dork forever
hot chocolate is best drink c:
stenopushispidus
State: HI

Post by stenopushispidus »

something like a story:
i found out today that my french teacher, in fact, has not been talking about a fish in class for the last few days, but a type of french pronouns that i had no idea existed (les pronoms “COD”).
i try to exist sometimes

Tournament Volunteering:
• Co-Writer/Grader for Menomonie Dynamic Planet (B)
• Co-Writer/Grader for Menomonie Water Quality (B)
• Writer/Grader for February SMEC Water Quality (C)
stenopushispidus
State: HI

Post by stenopushispidus »

stenopushispidus wrote: April 12th, 2021, 5:47 pm something like a story:
i found out today that my french teacher, in fact, has not been talking about a fish in class for the last few days, but a type of french pronouns that i had no idea existed (les pronoms “COD”).
update: i wish i still thought she was talking about a fish because now that i know it’s something important, i’ve been paying attention and it’s seriously harming my smolders, nonexistent brain.
i try to exist sometimes

Tournament Volunteering:
• Co-Writer/Grader for Menomonie Dynamic Planet (B)
• Co-Writer/Grader for Menomonie Water Quality (B)
• Writer/Grader for February SMEC Water Quality (C)
LittleMissNyan
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by LittleMissNyan »

mMm yEs sToRy tiMe
cub scout campout skits, whoopee
For some reason I decided it was a good idea to try some improv! No idea if that's the correct word but I did not care!!
Did a few rounds of this by popular demand- get up on the stage with this stick I found, ask the scouts for a character, a setting, and what the character was doing; then act it out along with some other people who wanted to come up and help as other characters as well
At certain points I'd go all "oh no! plot twist!" and ask the scouts for what happens next and do that
Chaos was had

- pig swimming in the White House, a warthog starts chasing the pig who distracts it with a graham cracker and gets away safely
- komodo dragon in the forest along with Joe Biden for some reason, but oh no there's a knife in the tree! down mr. president!! but the knife turns into liquid and the komodo laps it up and everyone's alright now whoopee!!!
- walking in the subway when oH nO there's a stinky sock evading his taxes!! CALL THE IRS- and then the Grinch comes and adds to the chaos and we have to call in more IRS to get him for also evading his taxes (referencing the pinewood derby this year) and then since they're cub scouts more screeching happens and I'm just dying of laughter over here and wHOOPEE THE IRS SAVED THE DAY CHRISTMAS IS SAVEDDDD-
These users thanked the author LittleMissNyan for the post:
theskyistillred (January 25th, 2022, 8:58 am)
Sassies 146 and 160 🥖 🔪
Eagle Scout
bUiLdEr cULt

Return to “General Chat”