Story Time!

Shoot the breeze with other Olympians.
JoeyC
Division: Grad
State: TX

Story Time!

Post by JoeyC »

For users who wish to share interesting/cool/any story they want to!
Fyren
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers

Re: Story Time!

Post by Fyren »

I was just thinking about making this thread earlier today
Joey be taking ideas straight from my brain o.o
VENI, VIDI, VICI.
raytay
State: TN
Pronouns: Ask My Pronouns

Post by raytay »

Story time!

I’m talking with my friend on FaceTime and we got into a discussion about Covid-19/our beliefs and then we talked about dreams and 50 cent headphones from Dollar Tree in a dream of mine
Hello! I’m Oliver!
✨holy cow i’m a college student ✨
Chin up! You are loved <3
Booknerd
Division: B
State: IL
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Booknerd »

STORY TIME WITH BOOKNERD

This year at a science olympiad meeting one of my friends brought this big, blonde wig, and were passing it around during the whole practice. Multiple people wore it (and were probably spreading lice). I had originally refused to wear it, but my friends made me put on the wig, and when I did, our coach happened to walk by and took a picture of us posing (me slightly frowning while my friends were trying to smile while holding in their laughter). Our coach takes the picture and then my coach decides to send this picture to my friend's mom! Oh boy this photo is gonna be engraved in our scioly team forever.
We don't talk about Pentathlon.
sneepity
Division: C
State: NY

Post by sneepity »

buy some eggs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRxWs4C2EmI
story time with snEEpity :'{l)
So my whole friend group used to have Club Penguin, and we used to play it everyday. It was hilarious seeing people reveal their numbers and social media accounts to potential criminals. We also used to play the mini games. I had the account for about 1 1/2 years, so I was pretty experienced. And then CP shut down, because turns out the owner of CP IS a criminal.
B)
raytay
State: TN
Pronouns: Ask My Pronouns

Post by raytay »

sneepity wrote: May 26th, 2020, 4:09 pm buy some eggs
So my whole friend group used to have Club Penguin, and we used to play it everyday. It was hilarious seeing people reveal their numbers and social media accounts to potential criminals. We also used to play the mini games. I had the account for about 1 1/2 years, so I was pretty experienced. And then CP shut down, because turns out the owner of CP IS a criminal.
I never played the original Club Penguin, but I play Club Penguin Rewritten sometimes
Hello! I’m Oliver!
✨holy cow i’m a college student ✨
Chin up! You are loved <3
sneepity
State: NY

Post by sneepity »

raytay wrote: May 26th, 2020, 5:06 pm
sneepity wrote: May 26th, 2020, 4:09 pm buy some eggs
I never played the original Club Penguin, but I play Club Penguin Rewritten sometimes
Yeah, that's the one I was talking about. It got shut down because it became inappropriate.
B)
Umaroth
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: CA

Post by Umaroth »

Also related to the latest polling place thing: people who like the middle or aisle seat, how so you guys fall asleep on long flights??? I had aisle on the flight from here to MIT and back, and I could not sleep at all since I had nothing to lean against. I'm tall enough that the tray table is not a good option, believe me, I tried and I ended up waking up in a puddle of sweat, it was nasty. We arrived in Boston at like 4 AM and I was a freaking zombie having slept like half an hour the whole night, I didn't have anything to do on the flight either. Even worse we had to wait out in the cold for the shuttle, which I normally wouldn't mind since I like the cold, but I was pretty brain-dead, and then we also had to walk to the hotel after getting off the subway later, all while lugging around a gigantic suitcase and a backpack. I also couldn't find my gloves, so my hands were freezing. I ended up passing out (falling asleep, not actually fainting) during breakfast at Stratton (the breakfast burrito place was really good though). I didn't get any sleep until we arrived at the hotel at around 3 PM and I took a shower then passed out for a few hours. I was also kind of sad because a family friend's son who is a few years younger than me had just been pronounced brain-dead and I was still trying to process it all. To top it all off, at the airport I checked the news and quite audibly yelled OH CRAP while in line for security when I read the headline that Kobe died. I spent the whole flight watching the tributes on ESPN while doing math homework quietly. Needless to say, the traveling part of the invitational stunk, but everything else was fun. I can't wait for MIT next year and hopefully I'll get the window seat. Also we had fun trying (and failing) to use resonance to calculate the length of the pipe going down the Bunker Hill Memorial with a few tourists confused about what we were doing. Also I had some good clam chowder. Okay it's late at night bye guys.
Cal 2026
Troy SciOly 2021 Co-Captain
Proud Padre of the Evola SciOly Program 2018-now
Dank Memes Area Homeschool Juggernaut 2018-now
Sierra Vista SciOly Co-Head Coach 2020-now

Umaroth's Userpage
JoeyC
State: TX

Post by JoeyC »

Umaroth wrote: May 28th, 2020, 2:02 am Also related to the latest polling place thing: people who like the middle or aisle seat, how so you guys fall asleep on long flights??? I had aisle on the flight from here to MIT and back, and I could not sleep at all since I had nothing to lean against. I'm tall enough that the tray table is not a good option, believe me, I tried and I ended up waking up in a puddle of sweat, it was nasty. We arrived in Boston at like 4 AM and I was a freaking zombie having slept like half an hour the whole night, I didn't have anything to do on the flight either. Even worse we had to wait out in the cold for the shuttle, which I normally wouldn't mind since I like the cold, but I was pretty brain-dead, and then we also had to walk to the hotel after getting off the subway later, all while lugging around a gigantic suitcase and a backpack. I also couldn't find my gloves, so my hands were freezing. I ended up passing out (falling asleep, not actually fainting) during breakfast at Stratton (the breakfast burrito place was really good though). I didn't get any sleep until we arrived at the hotel at around 3 PM and I took a shower then passed out for a few hours. I was also kind of sad because a family friend's son who is a few years younger than me had just been pronounced brain-dead and I was still trying to process it all. To top it all off, at the airport I checked the news and quite audibly yelled OH CRAP while in line for security when I read the headline that Kobe died. I spent the whole flight watching the tributes on ESPN while doing math homework quietly. Needless to say, the traveling part of the invitational stunk, but everything else was fun. I can't wait for MIT next year and hopefully I'll get the window seat. Also we had fun trying (and failing) to use resonance to calculate the length of the pipe going down the Bunker Hill Memorial with a few tourists confused about what we were doing. Also I had some good clam chowder. Okay it's late at night bye guys.
On that topic, I love how literally everyone chose the window seat on that poll. So far only 1 other guy (who has been on a plane) has chosen otherwise, choosing the aisle seat (which can be nice for short flights).
Booknerd
Division: B
State: IL

Post by Booknerd »

JoeyC wrote: May 28th, 2020, 7:41 am
Umaroth wrote: May 28th, 2020, 2:02 am Also related to the latest polling place thing: people who like the middle or aisle seat, how so you guys fall asleep on long flights??? I had aisle on the flight from here to MIT and back, and I could not sleep at all since I had nothing to lean against. I'm tall enough that the tray table is not a good option, believe me, I tried and I ended up waking up in a puddle of sweat, it was nasty. We arrived in Boston at like 4 AM and I was a freaking zombie having slept like half an hour the whole night, I didn't have anything to do on the flight either. Even worse we had to wait out in the cold for the shuttle, which I normally wouldn't mind since I like the cold, but I was pretty brain-dead, and then we also had to walk to the hotel after getting off the subway later, all while lugging around a gigantic suitcase and a backpack. I also couldn't find my gloves, so my hands were freezing. I ended up passing out (falling asleep, not actually fainting) during breakfast at Stratton (the breakfast burrito place was really good though). I didn't get any sleep until we arrived at the hotel at around 3 PM and I took a shower then passed out for a few hours. I was also kind of sad because a family friend's son who is a few years younger than me had just been pronounced brain-dead and I was still trying to process it all. To top it all off, at the airport I checked the news and quite audibly yelled OH CRAP while in line for security when I read the headline that Kobe died. I spent the whole flight watching the tributes on ESPN while doing math homework quietly. Needless to say, the traveling part of the invitational stunk, but everything else was fun. I can't wait for MIT next year and hopefully I'll get the window seat. Also we had fun trying (and failing) to use resonance to calculate the length of the pipe going down the Bunker Hill Memorial with a few tourists confused about what we were doing. Also I had some good clam chowder. Okay it's late at night bye guys.
On that topic, I love how literally everyone chose the window seat on that poll. So far only 1 other guy (who has been on a plane) has chosen otherwise, choosing the aisle seat (which can be nice for short flights).
(I was that "1 other guy")
I get thirsty often. I tend to drink lots of water. Enough said.
And is it just me, or can you hear the jet engines way louder by the window seat?
We don't talk about Pentathlon.

Return to “General Chat”