Shoot the breeze with other Olympians.
SilverBreeze
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: C
State: CA

Re: Story Time!

Post by SilverBreeze »

Umaroth wrote: May 28th, 2020, 2:02 am Also related to the latest polling place thing: people who like the middle or aisle seat, how so you guys fall asleep on long flights??? I had aisle on the flight from here to MIT and back, and I could not sleep at all since I had nothing to lean against. I'm tall enough that the tray table is not a good option, believe me, I tried and I ended up waking up in a puddle of sweat, it was nasty. We arrived in Boston at like 4 AM and I was a freaking zombie having slept like half an hour the whole night, I didn't have anything to do on the flight either. Even worse we had to wait out in the cold for the shuttle, which I normally wouldn't mind since I like the cold, but I was pretty brain-dead, and then we also had to walk to the hotel after getting off the subway later, all while lugging around a gigantic suitcase and a backpack. I also couldn't find my gloves, so my hands were freezing. I ended up passing out (falling asleep, not actually fainting) during breakfast at Stratton (the breakfast burrito place was really good though). I didn't get any sleep until we arrived at the hotel at around 3 PM and I took a shower then passed out for a few hours. I was also kind of sad because a family friend's son who is a few years younger than me had just been pronounced brain-dead and I was still trying to process it all. To top it all off, at the airport I checked the news and quite audibly yelled OH CRAP while in line for security when I read the headline that Kobe died. I spent the whole flight watching the tributes on ESPN while doing math homework quietly. Needless to say, the traveling part of the invitational stunk, but everything else was fun. I can't wait for MIT next year and hopefully I'll get the window seat. Also we had fun trying (and failing) to use resonance to calculate the length of the pipe going down the Bunker Hill Memorial with a few tourists confused about what we were doing. Also I had some good clam chowder. Okay it's late at night bye guys.
Next time if I get window, we're switching. Zombie Umaroth an hour before sunrise is not something I want to see again.

I'm also apparently decent at compacting snowballs.
Troy SciOly 2019 - 2023
Captain 2021-2023
Former Events: Ecology, Water Quality, Green Gen, Ornithology, Forestry, Disease Detectives, Forensics, Chem Lab, Env Chem, Sounds, Dynamic Planet, Crime Busters, Potions & Poisons, Exp Design, Towers, Mystery Arch, Reach for the Stars, Mission Possible
EwwPhysics
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: PA
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers

Post by EwwPhysics »

I can't sleep on airplanes regardless of what seat I have lol, but I don't understand how anyone could prefer the middle seat... (I prefer the aisle to the window because tall person problems lol)
These users thanked the author EwwPhysics for the post:
sneepity (May 30th, 2020, 5:13 pm)
Lower Merion Captain '24
Cell bio, code, disease, forensics
Cell bio, codebusters, disease, envirochem (and widi, chem lab) 
Protein Modeling - 1st @ nats
Disease Detectives - 4th @ nats
Designer Genes - 1st @ states
Also fossils, widi, circuit
Fyren

Post by Fyren »

Edit: Deleted text
Last edited by Fyren on October 26th, 2020, 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VENI, VIDI, VICI.
raytay
Division: Grad
State: TN
Pronouns: Ask My Pronouns

Post by raytay »

Fyren wrote: May 29th, 2020, 5:51 pm
EwwPhysics wrote: May 29th, 2020, 2:43 pm I can't sleep on airplanes regardless of what seat I have lol, but I don't understand how anyone could prefer the middle seat... (I prefer the aisle to the window because tall person problems lol)
Well if you're small, short, and skinny (like me), then you're pretty much forced into going into the middle seat because it's easier for everyone. Personally, I don't mind the middle seat since you can still kinda see the window from there but also have an easier time going into the aisle than the window seat. Can't sleep on airplanes either tho lol
I’m also small, short, and skinny, but on planes I get the window seat (now in the car, that’s another story)
Hello! I’m Oliver!
✨holy cow i’m a college student ✨
Chin up! You are loved <3
Booknerd
Division: B
State: IL
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Booknerd »

STORY TIME WITH BOOKNERD

We have this family computer/desktop in the corner of a room in our house. Our house is kind of old, so there are some holes and cracks in the walls. And yesterday, my brother found this trail of ants crawling up and down the wall by the computer!! They were killed yesterday, but more came today. A line of ~20 ants were crawling up the wall and back down. We killed the new ones today, and almost immediately, 3 more appeared and decided to revive the ant conga line up the wall.
We're gonna have to seal up that crack in the wall before we have a whole flood of conga-line-dancing ants climbing up our walls.
We don't talk about Pentathlon.
sneepity
State: NY

Post by sneepity »

Booknerd wrote: May 30th, 2020, 3:54 pm STORY TIME WITH BOOKNERD

We have this family computer/desktop in the corner of a room in our house. Our house is kind of old, so there are some holes and cracks in the walls. And yesterday, my brother found this trail of ants crawling up and down the wall by the computer!! They were killed yesterday, but more came today. A line of ~20 ants were crawling up the wall and back down. We killed the new ones today, and almost immediately, 3 more appeared and decided to revive the ant conga line up the wall.
We're gonna have to seal up that crack in the wall before we have a whole flood of conga-line-dancing ants climbing up our walls.
Try DAP- wall repair patch kits. They work well. I feel bad for the ants tho :c
B)
Booknerd
Division: B
State: IL
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Booknerd »

sneepity wrote: May 30th, 2020, 5:15 pm

My dad's gonna use some DAP caulking sealant later today. (and tbh I don't feel bad for the ants. If they conga line into my territory, I'm gonna kill them :twisted: )
We don't talk about Pentathlon.
sneepity
State: NY

Post by sneepity »

Booknerd wrote: May 30th, 2020, 6:27 pm
sneepity wrote: May 30th, 2020, 5:15 pm

My dad's gonna use some DAP caulking sealant later today. (and tbh I don't feel bad for the ants. If they conga line into my territory, I'm gonna kill them :twisted: )
Oh? Guess you're territorial. Lol, jk.
rip ant frens
B)
raytay
Division: Grad
State: TN
Pronouns: Ask My Pronouns

Post by raytay »

StOrYtImE
(Kinda)
Well I’m FaceTiming with my besties an we start getting into the usual how is it with who you like blah blah blah. One of them is like “I want to write about you guys!” What I’m trying to say is that one of my besties is writing a fanfic about me and the guy I like.
Hello! I’m Oliver!
✨holy cow i’m a college student ✨
Chin up! You are loved <3
Froggie
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: CA

Post by Froggie »

raytay wrote: May 30th, 2020, 8:52 pm StOrYtImE
(Kinda)
Well I’m FaceTiming with my besties an we start getting into the usual how is it with who you like blah blah blah. One of them is like “I want to write about you guys!” What I’m trying to say is that one of my besties is writing a fanfic about me and the guy I like.
That happened to me in 5th grade art class, except instead of writing my friend dictated the story to us (me and the guy).
"A lot of people have quotes in their signature. Maybe I should have a quote in my signature. "
- Froggie

Return to “General Chat”