Frustrating team members?

Shoot the breeze with other Olympians.
cyanoacrylateismybff
Division: C
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Frustrating team members?

Post by cyanoacrylateismybff »

So, here's the place to rant about team members who frustrate you. Anonymity is a good idea, and nothing super-duper mean, okay? we don't encourage cyber-bullying!
But as a member with the frustrations of 2 seniors dropouts (before states) and one case of a senior cheating (which almost DQed our team), and now another senior plotting to just score as low as possible at states, i know how it feels. so, i wanted to start a page so other people can have that place to rant, if necessary.
REMEMBER, DO not use names or schools, and be nice! and do not take anyone's post too seriously!!
SciOly Events '10
Anatomy+Physiology
Forensics (2nd regionals last year)
Mission Possible

It's not a purse; it's a SATCHEL!!!
haven chuck
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: PA

Re: Frustrating team members?

Post by haven chuck »

Oh, I know how that feels. There's this member on my team who just refuses to do well in Dynamic Planet. Also, he just never ever works on Compute This,so they're doomed to fail at states. He's competing with me on Junkyard, but at regionals cost us 100 points by making us get a stupid penalty. He comes and wings all his events. I've never even seen him study for Pentathlon. What the butterfly. He's just terrible. ;)
2010 Can't Judge a Powder- NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
2010 Science Crimebusters- 3rd in the NATION
gyourkoshaven

Post by gyourkoshaven »

I have this teammate for Junkyard Challenge, and he is just arrogant. Very careless, and he ALWAYS leaves SO early. He doesn't work hard at all (He spends the majority of his time at the snack machines). Also, he just refuses to work on Trajectory...It's awful, and its like he doesn't even care about it.
He is just wow. :roll:
Strath Haven MS:
2008: Regionals-3, States-5
2009: Regionals-2, States-4
2010: Regionals-1, States-2, Nationals-19 :)
2011 (Co-captain): Regionals-1, States-1, Nationals-11 :D

Nationals: Aquifers-37, Compute This-13, Dynamic Planet-25, Ecology-6, Experimental Design-7, Junkyard-33

Moving to C...
denmarksoccer

Post by denmarksoccer »

Some of the kids at my school are slackers, on scioly.org when they should be studying...Tsk, tsk.
2010:
Pentathlon-1@ regs, 4@ states, 16@ nationals
Road Scholar-2@ regs, 8@ states, 31st@ nationals
Disease Detectives-2@ regs, 1st@ states, 5@ nationals
Bio-Process Lab- 2@ states, 11@ nationals
Physical Science Lab- 38@ nationals
Team-1@ regs, 2@ states, 19@ nationals

Moving up to C.
LoveRespectPeace

Post by LoveRespectPeace »

Ugh, I have this kid on my team. Biggest freaking slacker. He does meteorology with me and my god is he bad, he sabotaged our sheet a regionals and we got screwed over.
Strath Haven Middle School

2010: Regionals(1st)-1st Ecology, 1st Meteorology, 1st Pentathlon (hahahaha...), and 8th place Trajectory
States(2nd NATS!)-7th Ecology, 5th Meteorology, 4th Pentathlon, 12th Trajectory, 3rd Exp. Design.
Nationals:
Celeste
State: NE

Post by Celeste »

denmarksoccer wrote:Some of the kids at my school are slackers, on scioly.org when they should be studying...Tsk, tsk.
Being on scioly.org is studying! :lol: :lol: :lol:
But, yeah, I know the feeling...
2011~Dynamic (1st Regional, 1st State, 36th Nats) ~Birds (1st, 2nd, 39th) ~Remote (1st, 3rd, 42nd) ~Wind Power (1st, 4th, x)

2010~Dynamic (1st Regional, 1st State) ~Egg-O (x, 6th) ~Birds (4th, 5th) ~Remote (1st, 1st)

2009~Egg-O (11th State, 36th Nats) ~Herp (6th, 44th) ~Remote (x, 36th)
packer-backer91
Division: Grad
State: MI

Post by packer-backer91 »

wow this is a great topic!
Now where do I start, I have one teammate that to be nice about his is lazy to the max!!!!!!! :!: :x Every year I get stuck with him and he has exponentially become more lazy and uncommitted. So far this year he has missed 6 practices for a total of 20-25 hours of missed practice time, and this year is not even over State is next month for me and I and guessing that he will miss some more. I told me head coach that if he misses 10 practices I will replace him from the even [even if its the day before state]. He lye's so much saying that he ALWAYS has homework that he does for 6 hours a night. Or one time when he didn't show up so as a joke I went on my Xbox account to see him playing COD 4. My coach told me to message him saying he hopes he is having fun. So my lazy partner’s defense was he just got home and was in another room at the time [that was 100% junk, I don't think 360's can play online team-death match by themselves]. My favorite one was when he told me he would call my cell if he could not come to practice, I was running late from Track practice got to SO practice and my coach said is ____ coming? I was so angry that when I called him because that was the week of Regional’s, he said I needed to come home and asked if I could practice the day before Regional’s [My coach said no just to make him feel like we may loose Regional’s because of him]. From now on my coach and I don’t even plan on him coming. He belies that just because w have gotten a State Metal every year together that he doesn’t need to practice to get it. Well the jokes going to be on him next year because he cant be on that event year :D [Coaching decision].
Favorite Events: Experimental Design, Scrambler, Mousetrap Vehicle
Thanks Science Olympiad for the 6 Great Years!
Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened. ― Dr. Seuss
EastStroudsburg13
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by EastStroudsburg13 »

Some of our seniors last year thought they knew what they were doing so they didn't really study and failed at regionals. Granted, they were new at Science O, so I kind of give them the benefit of the doubt. This year, we were depending on someone for Mousetrap Vehicle and Trajectory to get done by mid-February and they weren't done. He wound up getting the Trajectory done two days before regionals and it wasn't even in specs and shot the ball only 2 meters. Someone else had to scramble to get the Mousetrap Vehicle done and it didn't do as well as hoped at regionals. Both got last, which in our region is a lot better than not putting anything in at all, but still. :|
East Stroudsburg South Class of 2012, Alumnus of JT Lambert, Drexel University Class of 2017

Helpful Links
Wiki
Wiki Pages that Need Work
FAQ and SciOly FAQ Wiki
Chat (See IRC Wiki for more info)
BBCode Wiki

So long, and thanks for all the Future Dictator titles!
winneratlife
State: MI

Post by winneratlife »

packer-backer91 wrote:wow this is a great topic!
Now where do I start, I have one teammate that to be nice about his is lazy to the max!!!!!!! :!: :x Every year I get stuck with him and he has exponentially become more lazy and uncommitted. So far this year he has missed 6 practices for a total of 20-25 hours of missed practice time, and this year is not even over State is next month for me and I and guessing that he will miss some more. I told me head coach that if he misses 10 practices I will replace him from the even [even if its the day before state]. He lye's so much saying that he ALWAYS has homework that he does for 6 hours a night. Or one time when he didn't show up so as a joke I went on my Xbox account to see him playing COD 4. My coach told me to message him saying he hopes he is having fun. So my lazy partner’s defense was he just got home and was in another room at the time [that was 100% junk, I don't think 360's can play online team-death match by themselves]. My favorite one was when he told me he would call my cell if he could not come to practice, I was running late from Track practice got to SO practice and my coach said is ____ coming? I was so angry that when I called him because that was the week of Regional’s, he said I needed to come home and asked if I could practice the day before Regional’s [My coach said no just to make him feel like we may loose Regional’s because of him]. From now on my coach and I don’t even plan on him coming. He belies that just because w have gotten a State Metal every year together that he doesn’t need to practice to get it. Well the jokes going to be on him next year because he cant be on that event year :D [Coaching decision].
Hey, at least you guys even have practice...

We have 15 minute meetings after school just to get the info around...and like, 6 people show...

You have lazy people, and I get an entire frickin' lazy team!
EpicFailOlympian
State: MO

Post by EpicFailOlympian »

Thanks for the place to vent!!! People play games 24/7 at practice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil: :evil: Athough I'm guilty of that too... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
20:05~<EpicFailOlympian> On this day, in the third age of man, EpicFailOlympian has posted. Let there be rejoicing in the streets and cake for all.

<roboefo> (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
<robobear> well u know what efo, the table's angry
<robobear> ┬─┬ ︵ /(.□. \)I am 97th Assassinator

Return to “General Chat”