2010 FIFA World Cup

Shoot the breeze with other Olympians.
scienceolympiadist
Division: Grad
State: OH

Re: 2010 FIFA World Cup

Post by scienceolympiadist » June 17th, 2010, 12:48 am

after all teams have played first game, which team do you think look the sharpest and has the best chance?

I say Germany for its stellar performance, better than other teams that won, like Argentina, and US (lol). Brazil's bare win over NORTH KOREA must raise some alerts. Italy, England and France didn't even win. Spain lost! so yeah...

smartkid222
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: C
State: NY

Post by smartkid222 » June 17th, 2010, 9:18 am

GREECE actually won today. The red card for Nigeria really helped them. I don't think they would of won if Nigeria wasn't down to 10 men.
Last edited by smartkid222 on June 17th, 2010, 10:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
Image 2008 NY BLG Champ
2010 NY Helicopter Champ

zyzzyva980
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
State: IA

Post by zyzzyva980 » June 17th, 2010, 9:59 am

Was that a triple negative in that last sentence? :shock:
Olathe North HS, 2011-2013 | National Runner-Up, Sounds of Music (2012)
Never lose the joy of competing in the pursuit of winning

Resources
Site Help: FAQ & IRC
Event Help: [wiki][/wiki] & Image Gallery
Social Networks: scioly.org on Facebook & Twitter

smartkid222
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by smartkid222 » June 17th, 2010, 10:37 am

hahahaha. sorry. Fixed it. :D :roll:
Image 2008 NY BLG Champ
2010 NY Helicopter Champ

IdahoSciGuy
State: ID

Post by IdahoSciGuy » June 17th, 2010, 11:55 am

scienceolympiadist wrote:after all teams have played first game, which team do you think look the sharpest and has the best chance?

I say Germany for its stellar performance, better than other teams that won, like Argentina, and US (lol). Brazil's bare win over NORTH KOREA must raise some alerts. Italy, England and France didn't even win. Spain lost! so yeah...
You do know that the US did in fact draw with england, right?

I agree on Brasil. But then again, no one really knew what the North Koreans were capable of, and i think it took them by surprise. not to mention the goals only started happening once the North Korean side got tired in the second half. Until then, it was impossible to break their defense. (lol at the whole team defending XD)
Actually, if you don't mind, it's just the doctor. - Doctor Who.

Board of Directors
Idaho Science Olympiad

fmtiger124

Post by fmtiger124 » June 17th, 2010, 12:13 pm

IdahoSciGuy wrote:
scienceolympiadist wrote:after all teams have played first game, which team do you think look the sharpest and has the best chance?

I agree on Brasil. But then again, no one really knew what the North Koreans were capable of, and i think it took them by surprise. not to mention the goals only started happening once the North Korean side got tired in the second half. Until then, it was impossible to break their defense. (lol at the whole team defending XD)
Yea they played like an 8-1-1 or something of the sort

winneratlife
State: MI

Post by winneratlife » June 17th, 2010, 1:37 pm

fmtiger124 wrote:
IdahoSciGuy wrote:

Yea they played like an 8-1-1 or something of the sort
I know if I was coaching against Brazil, that's what I would do. I mean, I wouldn't even try to win, just settle for the 0-0 tie.

fmtiger124

Post by fmtiger124 » June 17th, 2010, 1:39 pm

Not that France deserved to be in in the first place, but their performance so far has been ugly...their likely eliminated..need to get lucky.

IdahoSciGuy
State: ID

Post by IdahoSciGuy » June 17th, 2010, 1:56 pm

fmtiger124 wrote:Not that France deserved to be in in the first place, but their performance so far has been ugly...their likely eliminated..need to get lucky.
Sadly, they need a little more than luck at this point. And with their current playing structure and attitude, i doubt it will happen.

Well, there goes my group A bracket. :/
Actually, if you don't mind, it's just the doctor. - Doctor Who.

Board of Directors
Idaho Science Olympiad

lllazar
State: IL
Location: Probably at my laptop, multitasking while on AJAX chat....

Post by lllazar » June 18th, 2010, 6:59 am

First of all, i lost all respect i had for Thierry Henry a long time ago. France will not make it far, certainly not as far as they made it last year. And after that game against mexico, i doubt they'll make it out of the Group stage..they haven't even scored, which means even if they do beat bafana bafana, they probably won't advance since Uruguay and Mexico already have 4 points, AND 3 goals apiece.

And by golly Serbia beat Germany. I feel like _ _ _ _. If Klose hadn't been red carded, that probably would have turned out differently...but how are Germany's chances of beating Ghana? I think as long as they can tie it up, they'll probably advance, but let's hope for the best.

Edit: Scratch that first paragraph, France has no chance of making it out of the group stage. Uruguay and Mexico play next, no matter who wins, France has to score 4 goals to even get near advancing, and allow no goals. Best case scenario for Uruguay and Mexico - tie it up. Both teams walk away with 5 points apiece, no need to worry about how bafana bafana or france do. Itd be nice if it could work out that way, let's see.
2011 Season Events~

Fossils (Regionals ~1st) (State ~6th)
Towers (Regionals ~1st) (State ~3rd)
Helicopter (Regionals -3rd gahhh) (State ~5th)
Wind Power (Regionals ~1st) (State ~3rd TIERED!)

Hooray for getting everything i wanted?

Return to “General Chat”