Your Daily Random Comment

Shoot the breeze with other Olympians.
Allinea
Division: C
State: MN

Re: Your Daily Random Comment

Post by Allinea » February 4th, 2012, 8:05 pm

Listening to James Bond brass band music, and glanced up at the TV to see Morgan Freeman walking off adjusting his tie. Don't know what the movie/show was, but it's made my day :)

Well, at least it was an invitational and not a regional or state tournament. That would be terrible.
2013-2014 Season: [Boyceville/Conference/River Falls/Regions/State]
WIDI[2/-/6/2/x]
Rocks[5/1/3/-/x]
Glider[13/8/x/-/x]
Rollercoaster[3/-/12/2/x]
Sustainability[12/-/7/-/-]
Exp. Design[-/3/-/-/-]

foreverphysics
Division: Grad
State: AL

Post by foreverphysics » February 4th, 2012, 8:27 pm

kjhsscioly wrote:
foreverphysics wrote:I have learned how fun running around your local university campus dressed as Sherlock and speaking in a British accent is. Especially if you're at the university for a math competition. I also learned that people stay away from you when your team starts acting like characters from Sherlock Holmes. I was Sherlock. :D
this made me smile :)

I am not the only one who watches sherlock! BBC, I presume ?
Yes, you are correct. chia and KittenPsychology also watch the show, as proven by the posts a couple pages back.
I wore a long trench coat with a dark blue scarf. Complete with a dress white shirt and long black pants. It was rather fun.
(Granted, I have only watched 2 episodes of the show. I am hoping to remedy that soon.)
Physics is difficult for 99% of the world's population because they don't understand it. The other 1% know too much.

"Physics is a psychiatrist?"

chia
State: IL

Post by chia » February 4th, 2012, 9:17 pm

foreverphysics wrote:
kjhsscioly wrote:I am not the only one who watches sherlock! BBC, I presume ?
Yes, you are correct. chia and KittenPsychology also watch the show, as proven by the posts a couple pages back.
I wore a long trench coat with a dark blue scarf. Complete with a dress white shirt and long black pants. It was rather fun.
(Granted, I have only watched 2 episodes of the show. I am hoping to remedy that soon.)
Ooh, you have a relatively legit Sherlock-style trenchcoat? When I was shopping for a new winter coat, I would have tried to find one (okay, I did try), but realized I'm too short to pull it off :lol: , so went with something else.
kjhs knows I watch the show - I introduced her and a couple of other people to it when I discovered it a couple of months ago. So on here it's us, KittenPsych, and you (and some people's friends, don't remember who). Have you watched episodes from the 2010 season, or the ones that just came out?
(avatar is by xamag)
Favorite events: Anatomy, Microbe Mission, Ornithology, Circuit Lab, Helicopter
NCHS '13
==>

harryk
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: TX

Post by harryk » February 5th, 2012, 9:59 am

If you want to laugh, watch this video that I posted of my freinds in a men's pageant, competition thing at my school
Mr.CyWoods 2012: Midgets Dancing
Colorado School of Mines
"Yes, he likes that; Alfie! Though personally he prefers to be called Stormaggedon, Dark Lord of All" - The Doctor, Closing Time

foreverphysics

Post by foreverphysics » February 5th, 2012, 1:53 pm

chia wrote:
foreverphysics wrote:
kjhsscioly wrote:I am not the only one who watches sherlock! BBC, I presume ?
Ooh, you have a relatively legit Sherlock-style trenchcoat? When I was shopping for a new winter coat, I would have tried to find one (okay, I did try), but realized I'm too short to pull it off :lol: , so went with something else.
kjhs knows I watch the show - I introduced her and a couple of other people to it when I discovered it a couple of months ago. So on here it's us, KittenPsych, and you (and some people's friends, don't remember who). Have you watched episodes from the 2010 season, or the ones that just came out?
Just 2010 the first two. You know, Study in Pink and Blind Banker.
Physics is difficult for 99% of the world's population because they don't understand it. The other 1% know too much.

haverstall
State: MN

Post by haverstall » February 5th, 2012, 8:58 pm

FullMetalMaple wrote: Oh, that reminds me. As a random thought, Mounds View was in an image on the Remote test I took today.I found it humorous.
TheGenius wrote:
Kokonilly wrote:I second Luo's question! Do elaborate. (I've only been to Mounds View once, but I still find that interesting.)
It asked to find the distance between Mounds View High School and some store, I think, as well what season it was. Annoyingly, no scale was provided, so we had to improvise using the football field.
Edit: ↓ Yeah, it was Google maps.

By the way, that delightful test is on the Remote Sensing Test Exchange 2012 now. If you could give me some feedback, that would be great.
Mounds View Science Olympiad 2008-2012 || 6th, Remote Sensing, 2011 Nationals

Co-Tournament Coordinator of Gopher Science Olympiad Invitational
Co-Chair of Minnesota Science Olympiad Alumni

Kokonilly
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: CA

Post by Kokonilly » February 5th, 2012, 9:01 pm

haverstall wrote:
FullMetalMaple wrote: Oh, that reminds me. As a random thought, Mounds View was in an image on the Remote test I took today.I found it humorous.
TheGenius wrote:
Kokonilly wrote:I second Luo's question! Do elaborate. (I've only been to Mounds View once, but I still find that interesting.)
It asked to find the distance between Mounds View High School and some store, I think, as well what season it was. Annoyingly, no scale was provided, so we had to improvise using the football field.
Edit: ↓ Yeah, it was Google maps.

By the way, that delightful test is on the Remote Sensing Test Exchange 2012 now. If you could give me some feedback, that would be great.
Ah, yes; I'd forgotten you wrote that test. How exciting!

On an unrelated note, I appear to have a sore throat now... :? Hopefully it goes away soon.

SciBomb97
Division: C

Post by SciBomb97 » February 5th, 2012, 9:34 pm

Sore throats are bad, hope you get better.

I see long nights ahead...less than three weeks to go before regionals and I suddenly find out I'm doing disease with a partner who also has not been attending meetings. **epic facepalm**

NERDS IN OTHER PLACES HAVE BEGUN TO AMASS THEIR ARMIES OF DOOM!!! See http://www.loldig.com/wp-content/upload ... tsaber.jpg 2012 might happen after all.:lol:
-- -- --
"So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God." ~1 Corinthians 10:31~

They say that a smile can light up somebody's day
So today, smile
Shine a light in somebody's life
Be that light in the darkness

foreverphysics

Post by foreverphysics » February 6th, 2012, 6:13 am

Show that to our coach. He'd love it.

Come on, your partner isn't that bad...when she applies herself (which, quite honestly...is almost never). Just, you know, go motivate her. Or I can go motivate her for you. Or you can just study and take all the weight on your own shoulders. Of course, you're a hard partner to please, so I dunno...
If you don't like her that much, then you must be quite happy you have her as your partner for TWO events now. ;) I would have volunteered for Crime Busters since I did it last year and really liked it, but I already ad Keep the Heat in that event slot...and without me, our coach's son is screwed. No offense to him, but it's true. He can't do the physics of thermo for the life of him...

I don't like sore throats. Having one for a span of two weeks is painful. Hope you get better, Koko.

KittenPsychology
Division: B

Post by KittenPsychology » February 6th, 2012, 6:54 am

foreverphysics wrote:I have learned how fun running around your local university campus dressed as Sherlock and speaking in a British accent is. Especially if you're at the university for a math competition. I also learned that people stay away from you when your team starts acting like characters from Sherlock Holmes. I was Sherlock. :D
Yes, that is quite fun. Except in my case I was dressed as Watson. That (AMP'd) was seriously amazing, though. I mean, free pizza, free t-shirts, and 4 awards when our team had about 16 less people then the other teams :lol: (Also, any idea if Lestrade or Anderson have Scioly accounts?)
Hello, I'm John.

Sherlock (after doing something in reverse): Reverse pyschology!
Me: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Lestrade: Inconcievable!
Sherlock: I know what it means, I just like saying it.
Mrs. Hudson: You guys are awesome!

Return to “General Chat”