Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Your Daily Random Comment

Post by KMHS_Dave » September 12th, 2012, 8:18 am

"O'Malley's Law: The less you know the more certain you can be."
Meeting the Living God
Fr. William J. O'Malley SJ
David Massa
President Emeritus- Kellenberg Memorial High School S.O.

piisamazing
Division: C
State: NM

Post by piisamazing » September 12th, 2012, 2:31 pm

iPhone 5!!!
My common sense is the voice in the back of my head named Donald
Because no one listens to anyone named Donald???
EXACTLY!!!

Nemo spelt backwards is OMEN!!!!!
Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?

A Person
Division: Grad
State: KY

Post by A Person » September 12th, 2012, 4:16 pm

Yes.... Nice to see a radical change.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke

Allinea
State: MN

Post by Allinea » September 12th, 2012, 4:49 pm

After almost having an emotional breakdown, I've decided I'm dropping AP Lang. I have more than an hour of homework a night with no time to do it in class, I'm feeling the pressure from my swim coach, and I haven't even started two of my five usual extra-curriculars (Those being SO and math team) and I'm already feeling over-extended.

As a side note, anyone have any catchy/funny sayings/phrases for SO recruitment posters?
2013-2014 Season: [Boyceville/Conference/River Falls/Regions/State]
WIDI[2/-/6/2/x]
Rocks[5/1/3/-/x]
Glider[13/8/x/-/x]
Rollercoaster[3/-/12/2/x]
Sustainability[12/-/7/-/-]
Exp. Design[-/3/-/-/-]

piisamazing
State: NM

Post by piisamazing » September 12th, 2012, 5:11 pm

A Person wrote:Yes.... Nice to see a radical change.
they now have an all black model... that alone is amazing
My common sense is the voice in the back of my head named Donald
Because no one listens to anyone named Donald???
EXACTLY!!!

Nemo spelt backwards is OMEN!!!!!
Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?

chia
State: IL

Post by chia » September 12th, 2012, 5:42 pm

Allinea wrote:After almost having an emotional breakdown, I've decided I'm dropping AP Lang. I have more than an hour of homework a night with no time to do it in class, I'm feeling the pressure from my swim coach, and I haven't even started two of my five usual extra-curriculars (Those being SO and math team) and I'm already feeling over-extended.
I hear ya... but wow, I have serious respect for the handful of swimmers and varsity cross country/track kids I know who are taking essentially the same course load I am, I have no idea how they do it. I have enough trouble with Scioly and a handful of other clubs/teams - I don't think I could have handled continuing even badminton (the "easiest" sport, haha) in junior year.
(avatar is by xamag)
Favorite events: Anatomy, Microbe Mission, Ornithology, Circuit Lab, Helicopter
NCHS '13
==>

zyzzyva980
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
State: IA

Post by zyzzyva980 » September 12th, 2012, 6:02 pm

Allinea wrote:After almost having an emotional breakdown, I've decided I'm dropping AP Lang. I have more than an hour of homework a night with no time to do it in class, I'm feeling the pressure from my swim coach, and I haven't even started two of my five usual extra-curriculars (Those being SO and math team) and I'm already feeling over-extended.
It's interesting... I kind of felt the same way in junior year, overloaded. Now that I'm a senior, I'm doing essentially the same classes, but I don't feel overloaded at all. Suddenly, I've been thinking, "Shoot, there's so much left that I wanted to do. Why am I not doing everything?" I'm getting involved in a lot of other extracurriculars (certainly not intense ones, those are reserved for SO and debate) and enjoying it. Being able to go out for an hour after school and play ultimate does wonders for the stress level. So don't stress yourself out- have fun and enjoy everything you do; you might not be able to do it much longer.
Olathe North HS, 2011-2013 | National Runner-Up, Sounds of Music (2012)
Never lose the joy of competing in the pursuit of winning

Resources
Site Help: FAQ & IRC
Event Help: [wiki][/wiki] & Image Gallery
Social Networks: scioly.org on Facebook & Twitter

EpicFailOlympian
State: MO

Post by EpicFailOlympian » September 12th, 2012, 6:54 pm

Junior year? Heck, I'm feeling it as a Sophomore. Football practice till 7pm+ everyday really takes a lot of time, if not energy. Sometime I feel so tired that I can't even think strait or listen in class. I'm not a math whiz; I have to struggle through precalc every day. Not to mention English & AP World History, the reading, analysis, and essays. I get an extra kick with biology - all those kiddie "arts, glue, and colored pencil" project presentations. *sigh* I'm probably not doing football next year, even with a good chance of being on varsity.

Yea, I'm not hitting up on all the other clubs and organizations I wanted to join either. :|
20:05~<EpicFailOlympian> On this day, in the third age of man, EpicFailOlympian has posted. Let there be rejoicing in the streets and cake for all.

<roboefo> (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
<robobear> well u know what efo, the table's angry
<robobear> ┬─┬ ︵ /(.□. \)I am 97th Assassinator

FullMetalMaple
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: KS

Post by FullMetalMaple » September 12th, 2012, 6:56 pm

zyzzyva98 wrote:
It's interesting... I kind of felt the same way in junior year, overloaded. Now that I'm a senior, I'm doing essentially the same classes, but I don't feel overloaded at all. Suddenly, I've been thinking, "Shoot, there's so much left that I wanted to do. Why am I not doing everything?" I'm getting involved in a lot of other extracurriculars (certainly not intense ones, those are reserved for SO and debate) and enjoying it. Being able to go out for an hour after school and play ultimate does wonders for the stress level. So don't stress yourself out- have fun and enjoy everything you do; you might not be able to do it much longer.
That's exactly what I've been doing. I always wanted to do Scholar's Bowl; since my calc teacher personally invited me this year, I'm finally getting the chance to do it. Everyone has been asking me why I didn't join earlier, and I really don't have much of an answer. I joined three new activities this year - two "intense" ones (Scholar's Bowl and Freelance Writing Society) and another that isn't very time-consuming. And I'm still in SO, robotics, NHS, KAY, and everything else. It's odd how much more fulfilled I feel, even with a heavier course load (is that even possible?).

Maybe it's a senior thing - going all out so you can graduate with no regrets.

EDIT: I know how you feel, EpicFail - after ten years and a good chance of being in senior company, I had to quit dance just before my junior year for SO. They wouldn't let me do both. :\ It was for the best, though.

foreverphysics
State: AL

Post by foreverphysics » September 13th, 2012, 6:16 am

I kind of feel the same. With swimming taking about ~2 hours every day, marching band, Robotics, and me getting really serious about violin (2 or more hours every day)...plus the fact that now that I am technically in freshman year, I have a lot more homework than I have ever had. And even if I don't exactly care about flute, I still have to practice at least half an hour every day.
Even without doing anything else, it's past eleven pm when I finish all that. Add in Science Olympiad, drawing out designs for Robotics, the novel I am writing, and everything else I need to do, and I usually don't sleep until past one or two am. Then the next morning I have to get up at four or five am so I can finish whatever I was too exhausted to do the previous night and play violin before school starts (because otherwise I would never finish my allotted violin time). It's incredibly stressful, and I do feel tired a lot, but I have to do it, don't I?
Also, swimming is exhausting.
Physics is difficult for 99% of the world's population because they don't understand it. The other 1% know too much.

"Physics is a psychiatrist?"

Return to “General Chat”