Shoot the breeze with other Olympians.
emescferrall
Division: B
State: AZ
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Your Daily Random Comment

Post by emescferrall » February 17th, 2014, 1:08 pm

At least this essay is sort of interesting! My last essays were about Why Tom Bombadil Was In The Book and Not the Movie, Why Aragorn Did Not Want To Be King, What Made the World of Fahrenheit 451 Dystopic, and Write One Sentence That Is Half a Page!

This essay is about Whether the Nuclear War At the End of Fahrenheit 451 Was Realistic or Not
I took first at 2013 States as a 6th grader in Meteorology!!!

2014 State Results:

Anatomy: 2nd
Can't Judge A Powder: 9th
Crime Busters: 1st
Heredity: 3rd
Meteorology: 3rd
Sounds of Music: 2nd

2015 Events: Anatomy, Crave The Wave, Crime Busters, Experimental Design, Meteorology, Picture This

emescferrall
State: AZ

Post by emescferrall » February 17th, 2014, 1:09 pm

So, yes, my essay is looking pretty good when compared to what you have to do :-)
I took first at 2013 States as a 6th grader in Meteorology!!!

2014 State Results:

Anatomy: 2nd
Can't Judge A Powder: 9th
Crime Busters: 1st
Heredity: 3rd
Meteorology: 3rd
Sounds of Music: 2nd

2015 Events: Anatomy, Crave The Wave, Crime Busters, Experimental Design, Meteorology, Picture This

Littleboy
Division: C
State: MI

Post by Littleboy » February 17th, 2014, 1:29 pm

Thanks everyone for telling me that its a holiday. Is it sad that I wasn't aware of it?

Kokonilly
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: Grad
State: CA

Post by Kokonilly » February 17th, 2014, 2:17 pm

EastStroudsburg13 wrote:
Kokonilly wrote:
EastStroudsburg13 wrote:I have two classes, a lab, and two co-op interviews today, as well as a 10+ page lab report due on Thursday. Bet your essay is looking pretty good now, huh? ;)
You have classes today? We don't even have classes today... but I do have midterms tomorrow and Thursday, psets due Wednesday and Friday, and a programming assignment due in like 3.5 hours. Huzzah for the quarter system? :P
Yeah, we always have classes on President's Day, because APPARENTLY losing two Mondays is no bueno. Although you would think they would figure out a way to structure everything, since President's Day is, you know, a national holiday?
Hmm, we totally lose two Mondays every winter quarter. Not really sure how classes compensate. Probably just by accelerating everything. :| Though I guess I shouldn't complain - it was my choice to take 15 engineering units, a 4-unit intensive writing/public speaking course, and work at a lab, after all...

Luo
Staff Emeritus
Staff Emeritus
State: MN

Post by Luo » February 17th, 2014, 3:08 pm

If most classes at your college are either M/W or T/Th, one potential solution to the losing-too-many-Mondays problem could be to make some Tuesdays follow the Monday class schedule, thereby equalizing the number of days of the M/W classes with the number of days of the T/Th classes.
Proud alumnus of Mounds View High School Science Olympiad, Arden Hills, MN
Co-founder of the MIT Science Olympiad Invitational Tournament: http://scioly.mit.edu/

Bozongle
State: IN

Post by Bozongle » February 17th, 2014, 3:40 pm

It really sucks when you have to go to a hobby shop nearby to get materials for building, however a winter storm prevents travel thus impairing me from fixing my building event since I dont have materials. This all with competition being in 4 days >:(

A Person
State: KY

Post by A Person » February 20th, 2014, 5:56 pm

Bozongle wrote:It really sucks when you have to go to a hobby shop nearby to get materials for building, however a winter storm prevents travel thus impairing me from fixing my building event since I dont have materials. This all with competition being in 4 days >:(
What competition? Would it happen to be New Albany?
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke

Kokonilly
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by Kokonilly » February 20th, 2014, 9:08 pm

Luo wrote:If most classes at your college are either M/W or T/Th, one potential solution to the losing-too-many-Mondays problem could be to make some Tuesdays follow the Monday class schedule, thereby equalizing the number of days of the M/W classes with the number of days of the T/Th classes.
*shrug* No clue what they do to compensate.

CulturallyScientific

Post by CulturallyScientific » February 21st, 2014, 6:39 pm

Submitted my applications for UC COSMOS today, and wrote about SciOly in my essays :D Now it's just time to wait until April 18th for results!
'16, she/her, environmental-scientist-to-be: green gen, invasives, disease, ex. design, widi.

"…everything flows in an eternal present." (James Joyce)

aim4me26

Post by aim4me26 » February 21st, 2014, 8:25 pm

so im at this fundraiser thing for our key club called awake-a-thon @ my school with my friends, and the internet blocks facebook, soundcloud, youtube, gmail, league, etc. qq fml. at least we can still talk and eat food though :-)
i know that i should be in bed
and its almost 3 am
but when i close my eyes i can only see miles of headlights
fleshing out the distance

Return to “General Chat”