Cheesy Pie
Division: Grad
State: MI
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Your Daily Random Comment

Post by Cheesy Pie » March 31st, 2014, 1:08 pm

I'M IN COSTA RICA!!!!!! :D
100% of deaths are somehow caused by science.
Don't be a statistic.
Don't do science.

Naperville Central High School '17 :arrow: Michigan State University Physics '21
GO GREEN GO WHITE

EastStroudsburg13
Administrator
Administrator
State: MD
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by EastStroudsburg13 » March 31st, 2014, 9:25 pm

As an administrative decision, we have decided that posts in General Chat now require moderator approval. This is not an ideal situation, but as the site grows it becomes difficult to handle this quantity of bandwidth on the server (part of the reason we installed the paywall, this site can't run for free, unfortunately). Since General Chat can sometimes be the source of spam and other extra bandwidth, moderators will now have to approve posts to be shown here. We apologize for any short term inconveniences, but we hope that this will help us create the best site possible!
East Stroudsburg South Class of 2012, Alumnus of JT Lambert, Drexel University Class of 2017

Helpful Links
Wiki
Wiki Pages that Need Work
FAQ and SciOly FAQ Wiki
Chat (See IRC Wiki for more info)
BBCode Wiki

So long, and thanks for all the Future Dictator titles!

robotman
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
State: TX

Post by robotman » March 31st, 2014, 10:04 pm

Just to clarify (and provide another voice about the issue) that there are two main issues that this change is addressing. First of all the influx of spam that has started recently, coupled with an increase in hosting costs. Without an increase in available funds, we are doing our best to provide a reliable and fun site, but in order to cut down on costs we have to make some cuts. We also have to try to add revenue in order to remain open, and the only viable way was to make changes to the Test Exchange.
It is in deepest sorrow that we make these changes, as information should be free to all, however there is no other way to keep the lights on, and the ability to keep most of scioly.org free to use is better then no scioly.org at all. Please feel free to PM me with any questions or concerns, I will be happy to address any issues you have, or suggestions in terms of how to keep scioly.org the best resource for Science Olympiad students across the nation.

~Robotman
Edit the Wiki.
Upload to the Image Gallery
[medals]Get Medals[/medals]
[chat][/chat]

RandomPerson
Staff Emeritus
Staff Emeritus
State: IN

Post by RandomPerson » March 31st, 2014, 11:12 pm

robotman wrote:Just to clarify (and provide another voice about the issue) that there are two main issues that this change is addressing. First of all the influx of spam that has started recently, coupled with an increase in hosting costs. Without an increase in available funds, we are doing our best to provide a reliable and fun site, but in order to cut down on costs we have to make some cuts. We also have to try to add revenue in order to remain open, and the only viable way was to make changes to the Test Exchange.
It is in deepest sorrow that we make these changes, as information should be free to all, however there is no other way to keep the lights on, and the ability to keep most of scioly.org free to use is better then no scioly.org at all. Please feel free to PM me with any questions or concerns, I will be happy to address any issues you have, or suggestions in terms of how to keep scioly.org the best resource for Science Olympiad students across the nation.

~Robotman
Lols. Good thing I'm a moderator then.
A new era has begun

ceg7654
Division: C
State: CA

Post by ceg7654 » April 1st, 2014, 7:50 am

Is it just me or lately have all the "the"s been turned into tehs, and all the yours turned into you'res? I read robotman's post yesterday with "the" and now they've all been changed to "teh".

And now I just previewed it and it changed all my correct ones to wrong ones haha. Is this the April Fools' Joke?
2016 Events: Invasive Species, Fossils, Write It Do It

#TehEntoCult

robotman
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
State: TX

Post by robotman » April 1st, 2014, 8:26 am

As far as I can tell this looks to be only on your end, I am not seeing these changes, maybe try clearing your browser cache?
Edit the Wiki.
Upload to the Image Gallery
[medals]Get Medals[/medals]
[chat][/chat]

Astroknight
State: TN

Post by Astroknight » April 1st, 2014, 10:44 am

robotman wrote:Just to clarify (and provide another voice about teh issue) that there are two main issues that this change is addressing. First of all teh influx of spam that has started recently, coupled with an increase in hosting costs. Without an increase in available funds, we are doing our best to provide a reliable and fun site, but in order to cut down on costs we have to make some cuts. We also have to try to add revenue in order to remain open, and teh only viable way was to make changes to teh Test Exchange.
It is in deepest sorrow that we make these changes, as information should be free to all, however there is no other way to keep teh lights on, and teh ability to keep most of scioly.org free to use is better then no scioly.org at all. Please feel free to PM me with any questions or concerns, I will be happy to address any issues you have, or suggestions in terms of how to keep scioly.org teh best resource for Science Olympiad students across teh nation.

~Robotman
Well then what about this, Robotman!?
Last edited by Astroknight on April 1st, 2014, 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TSA's pretty cool... i guess

2015 events:
Essays on Technology, Tech Bowl, Water Infrastructure, Website Design

UQOnyx
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: NJ

Re: You're Daily Random Comment

Post by UQOnyx » April 1st, 2014, 11:39 am

Aww man that is horrible. Guys just ask your coach to pay for the tiny cost.
Noor-ul-Iman School

2012 Events:
Forestry
Storm The Castle

2013 Events:
Boomilever
Shock Value
Forestry

I know the voices aren't real, but they have some great ideas..

UQOnyx
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: NJ

Post by UQOnyx » April 1st, 2014, 11:41 am

Yeah, also I think that the only possible solution to the issue that your computer is having is that your computer got hacked.
Noor-ul-Iman School

2012 Events:
Forestry
Storm The Castle

2013 Events:
Boomilever
Shock Value
Forestry

I know the voices aren't real, but they have some great ideas..

SOnerd
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by SOnerd » April 1st, 2014, 12:55 pm

Do you guys notice that every time someone types the word "t-h-e", it corrects to "t-e-h"?
Ento is Lyfe. <3 Ento. <3 Bugs. <3 Insects.
I didn't choose the Bug Lyfe, the Bug Lyfe chose me.

Live and die for Teh Insectz.
Ento List Page

"Insects won't inherit the earth- they own it now." -Thomas Eisner, Entomologist

"No one can truly be called an entomologist , sir; the subject is too vast for any single human intelligence to grasp". -OW Holmes

2015 National Ento Bronze Medalist
2018 National Herpetology Bronze Medalist
2019 Herpetology National Champion

User Page

Return to “General Chat”