Shoot the breeze with other Olympians.
bernard
Administrator
Administrator
Division: Grad
State: WA

Re: Your Daily Random Comment

Postby bernard » April 18th, 2016, 5:52 pm

Is server space still an issue? I'm scared of posting pictures on question marathon and other threads until I hear more about it.
You should be trying to break the site!
"One of the ways that I believe people express their appreciation to the rest of humanity is to make something wonderful and put it out there."

Jaol
Division: C
State: GA

Postby Jaol » April 19th, 2016, 8:45 am

How do you edit stuff? I tried editing the Invasive Species but I only got to Page Source. :) Someone help me pls.
Countdown: 66 Days

bernard
Administrator
Administrator

Postby bernard » April 19th, 2016, 8:58 am

How do you edit stuff? I tried editing the Invasive Species but I only got to Page Source. :) Someone help me pls.
Do you have an "Edit" button on the top right, if you're talking about the Wiki?
"One of the ways that I believe people express their appreciation to the rest of humanity is to make something wonderful and put it out there."

Jaol

Postby Jaol » April 19th, 2016, 9:04 am

Nah, there's view source, discussion, page, and history. When I go to view source it says I can't edit it because I am a user.
EDIT: Yes, I'm talking about the Div B wiki page for Invasives.

bernard
Administrator
Administrator

Postby bernard » April 19th, 2016, 10:10 am

Nah, there's view source, discussion, page, and history. When I go to view source it says I can't edit it because I am a user.
I think I fixed it, let me know if it works now.

Jaol

Postby Jaol » April 19th, 2016, 11:14 am

I think I fixed it, let me know if it works now.
It works now thank you!

MrPillowcase

Postby MrPillowcase » April 19th, 2016, 6:26 pm

*sneezes*

samlan16
State: TN

Postby samlan16 » April 21st, 2016, 5:36 am

Question to the undergrads on Scioly: if I do not understand anything that is being covered in multivariable calc and have an iffy grade, should I retake the course next year? I have the option of transferring the credit, in which case the grade will appear on my transcript but not count towards my GPA.

The bigger concern is that I will not be prepared for diff eq.
Remember, we are proud of every team that participated and you are all winners.

robotman
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
State: TX

Postby robotman » April 21st, 2016, 6:20 am

Question to the undergrads on Scioly: if I do not understand anything that is being covered in multivariable calc and have an iffy grade, should I retake the course next year? I have the option of transferring the credit, in which case the grade will appear on my transcript but not count towards my GPA.

It would really depend on how iffy your iffy grade is (Remember C's get degrees!), and if it doesn't count towards GPA, I wouldn't worry too much about it.
If you are currently not paying to take multivariable, my personal suggestion would be to transfer the credit and save the money, and then work hard to make sure that you understand diff eq. I don't have to take diff eq or multivariable, so I cannot really comment on how related they are.
Edit the [wiki][/wiki].
Upload to the Image Gallery
Get Medals

samlan16
State: TN

Postby samlan16 » April 21st, 2016, 7:56 am

It would really depend on how iffy your iffy grade is (Remember C's get degrees!), and if it doesn't count towards GPA, I wouldn't worry too much about it.
If you are currently not paying to take multivariable, my personal suggestion would be to transfer the credit and save the money, and then work hard to make sure that you understand diff eq. I don't have to take diff eq or multivariable, so I cannot really comment on how related they are.
Money's not really an issue, since I will be paying a flat rate regardless of whether I take 12 credit hours or 15 next semester. Thanks for your input!
Remember, we are proud of every team that participated and you are all winners.

Return to “General Chat”