Division: Grad
State: NY
Has thanked: 0

Re: Your Daily Random Comment

Post by Blank25 »

chicken
2020 Events: Astronomy, Ornithology, Water Quality, Protein Modeling
2019 Events: Fermi, Protein Modeling, Mission Possible
2018 Events: Dynamic Planet, Herpetology, Towers, Disease Detectives, Forensics, Parasitology
2017 Events: Ecology, Invasives, Hovercraft, Towers, Astronomy
LittleMissNyan
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers

Post by LittleMissNyan »

Blank25 wrote: January 5th, 2020, 7:39 amchicken
froggo
Sassies 146 and 160 🥖 🔪
Eagle Scout
bUiLdEr cULt
CPScienceDude
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: IN
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by CPScienceDude »

When you make plans even though you have piles of work to do that you could have done over break but decided not to because you were getting back into a game you forgot about so now you have to do it all today even though you made plans.
Crown Point HS '23
Purdue University '27

Assassinator 139 and 147

About Me!
MTV<=>Operator
State: NY

Post by MTV<=>Operator »

screw shipping companies and their ridiculous costs
THHS '21 Builder Cult Member
2017-2018
2018-2019
2019-2020: GV (9 YUSO, 5 NYC), Detector (8 YUSO, 7 NYC), WS (10 NYC), PPP
2020-2021 Events/ Yosemite/HUSO/River Hill/ NYC South Regional
Vehicle Design / 1/--/--/--
WICI / 3/--/--/--
Circuits /--/ 3/ 5/ 1
Machines /--/ 4/ 2/ 2
Detector /--/--/ 2/--
Things2do
State: TN

Post by Things2do »

Does anyone on here know where I can go to a store and buy a breadboard and a few resistors? I foolishly assumed that I could walk into, say, an electronics store, educational supply store, Best Buy, Hobby Lobby, etc. and buy one... But, no... And, come to find out, the one place I could find them closed in June, and their next closest location is ~100 miles away...
John 5:46-47
Eagle Scout
Colorado School of Mines

"[A] new project car is always a good idea. [Y]ou always need a new project car[.]" - jaspattack

Let's go, Brandon!
See Wiki
PM2017
State: CA

Post by PM2017 »

Things2do wrote: January 5th, 2020, 7:49 pm Does anyone on here know where I can go to a store and buy a breadboard and a few resistors? I foolishly assumed that I could walk into, say, an electronics store, educational supply store, Best Buy, Hobby Lobby, etc. and buy one... But, no... And, come to find out, the one place I could find them closed in June, and their next closest location is ~100 miles away...
I've been looking for something like this as well, but since RadioShack went bankrupt a few years back, Fry's has been basically my only option. I so wish hobby shops were still a thing...
West High '19
UC Berkeley '23

Go Bears!
Umaroth
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: C
State: CA

Post by Umaroth »

PM2017 wrote: January 5th, 2020, 8:28 pm
Things2do wrote: January 5th, 2020, 7:49 pm Does anyone on here know where I can go to a store and buy a breadboard and a few resistors? I foolishly assumed that I could walk into, say, an electronics store, educational supply store, Best Buy, Hobby Lobby, etc. and buy one... But, no... And, come to find out, the one place I could find them closed in June, and their next closest location is ~100 miles away...
I've been looking for something like this as well, but since RadioShack went bankrupt a few years back, Fry's has been basically my only option. I so wish hobby shops were still a thing...
I've stopped going to Fry's too, they've started to lose suppliers and it's so empty at my local one. I've started going to Orvac Electronics.
Cal 2026
Troy SciOly 2021 Co-Captain
Proud Padre of the Evola SciOly Program 2018-now
Dank Memes Area Homeschool Juggernaut 2018-now
Sierra Vista SciOly Co-Head Coach 2020-now

Umaroth's Userpage
CPScienceDude
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: IN

Post by CPScienceDude »

Umaroth wrote: January 6th, 2020, 6:07 am
I've stopped going to Fry's too, they've started to lose suppliers and it's so empty at my local one. I've started going to Orvac Electronics.
The best thing near me hobby lobby :(. Amazon is my only option really.
Crown Point HS '23
Purdue University '27

Assassinator 139 and 147

About Me!
Things2do
State: TN

Post by Things2do »

CPScienceDude wrote: January 6th, 2020, 8:52 am

The nearest Fry's is 107 miles away, and Orvac appears to be in California... Hobby Town's website says they've got 'em, but the defunct location near me was always a small store... I'm thinking of doing something with motherboards, since we've got a lot of those...
John 5:46-47
Eagle Scout
Colorado School of Mines

"[A] new project car is always a good idea. [Y]ou always need a new project car[.]" - jaspattack

Let's go, Brandon!
See Wiki
TheMysteriousMapMan
Division: C
State: MI
Been thanked: 0

Post by TheMysteriousMapMan »

Things2do wrote: January 6th, 2020, 9:54 am
CPScienceDude wrote: January 6th, 2020, 8:52 am

The nearest Fry's is 107 miles away, and Orvac appears to be in California... Hobby Town's website says they've got 'em, but the defunct location near me was always a small store... I'm thinking of doing something with motherboards, since we've got a lot of those...
Yeah...whenever I need stuff like that, I always go to a local business–there is never the right stuff at larger home improvement chains and such. I think, especially because it sounds like you live in a rural area, Amazon might be the best option. It's often quite cheap, you can buy things in bulk, and, if your family has Prime, you get free two-day shipping.
2020 Events: Astronomy, Experimental Design, Detector Building, Ornithology, Sounds of Music.

Unsuccessful Assassinator of Game 143.

Return to “General Chat”