Your Daily Random Comment

Shoot the breeze with other Olympians.
User avatar
Blank25
Member
Member
Posts: 73
Joined: February 3rd, 2019, 7:34 pm
Division: Grad
State: NY
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Your Daily Random Comment

Post by Blank25 » January 5th, 2020, 7:39 am

chicken
2020 Events: Astronomy, Ornithology, Water Quality, Protein Modeling
2019 Events: Fermi, Protein Modeling, Mission Possible
2018 Events: Dynamic Planet, Herpetology, Towers, Disease Detectives, Forensics, Parasitology
2017 Events: Ecology, Invasives, Hovercraft, Towers, Astronomy

User avatar
LittleMissNyan
Member
Member
Posts: 98
Joined: October 24th, 2018, 1:28 pm
Division: C
State: MD
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
Has thanked: 288 times
Been thanked: 62 times
Contact:

Re: Your Daily Random Comment

Post by LittleMissNyan » January 5th, 2020, 8:28 am

Blank25 wrote:
January 5th, 2020, 7:39 am
chicken
froggo
Sassy 146 🥖
bUiLdEr cULt

Heredity 3/-
Game On 1/2!!!

Psudonats/ATX Game On

Image

User avatar
CPScienceDude
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Posts: 356
Joined: December 12th, 2018, 2:40 pm
Division: C
State: IN
Pronouns: He/Him/His
Has thanked: 139 times
Been thanked: 80 times

Re: Your Daily Random Comment

Post by CPScienceDude » January 5th, 2020, 9:15 am

When you make plans even though you have piles of work to do that you could have done over break but decided not to because you were getting back into a game you forgot about so now you have to do it all today even though you made plans.
Captain of CPSO

Assassinator 139 and 147
2021 events: Astronomy, Chem Lab, Ornithology, Machines, Gravity Vehicle, and Forensics

About Me!
Image

User avatar
MTV<=>Operator
Member
Member
Posts: 138
Joined: February 8th, 2019, 12:41 pm
Division: C
State: NY
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: Your Daily Random Comment

Post by MTV<=>Operator » January 5th, 2020, 10:44 am

screw shipping companies and their ridiculous costs
THHS '21 Builder Cult Member
2017-2018
2018-2019
2019-2020: GV (9 YUSO, 5 Regional), Detector (8 YUSO, 7 Regional), WS (10 Regional), PPP
2020-2021 Events/ Yosemite
Vehicle Design / 1
WICI / 3
Circuits /--
Machines /--

User avatar
Things2do
Member
Member
Posts: 154
Joined: February 12th, 2018, 2:30 pm
Division: Grad
State: TN
Pronouns: He/Him/His
Has thanked: 87 times
Been thanked: 51 times

Re: Your Daily Random Comment

Post by Things2do » January 5th, 2020, 7:49 pm

Does anyone on here know where I can go to a store and buy a breadboard and a few resistors? I foolishly assumed that I could walk into, say, an electronics store, educational supply store, Best Buy, Hobby Lobby, etc. and buy one... But, no... And, come to find out, the one place I could find them closed in June, and their next closest location is ~100 miles away...
John 5:46-47
Eagle Scout
Builder Cult
 Backyard Botany, Can Racer, Name That Scientist,
CTW, Meteo., WV, Scrambler, Road S., Dy. Plan., Fast Facts, Rocks/Mine., Optics, MTV, Remote Sensing, ExpeD., Geo. Map., Fossils, Circuits., Thermo., Boomi., WS, Machines, GV
More here.Image

User avatar
PM2017
Member
Member
Posts: 524
Joined: January 20th, 2017, 5:02 pm
Division: Grad
State: CA
Has thanked: 23 times
Been thanked: 12 times

Re: Your Daily Random Comment

Post by PM2017 » January 5th, 2020, 8:28 pm

Things2do wrote:
January 5th, 2020, 7:49 pm
Does anyone on here know where I can go to a store and buy a breadboard and a few resistors? I foolishly assumed that I could walk into, say, an electronics store, educational supply store, Best Buy, Hobby Lobby, etc. and buy one... But, no... And, come to find out, the one place I could find them closed in June, and their next closest location is ~100 miles away...
I've been looking for something like this as well, but since RadioShack went bankrupt a few years back, Fry's has been basically my only option. I so wish hobby shops were still a thing...
West High '19
UC Berkeley '23

Go Bears!

User avatar
Umaroth
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Posts: 337
Joined: February 10th, 2018, 8:51 pm
Division: C
State: CA
Pronouns: He/Him/His
Has thanked: 113 times
Been thanked: 229 times

Re: Your Daily Random Comment

Post by Umaroth » January 6th, 2020, 6:07 am

PM2017 wrote:
January 5th, 2020, 8:28 pm
Things2do wrote:
January 5th, 2020, 7:49 pm
Does anyone on here know where I can go to a store and buy a breadboard and a few resistors? I foolishly assumed that I could walk into, say, an electronics store, educational supply store, Best Buy, Hobby Lobby, etc. and buy one... But, no... And, come to find out, the one place I could find them closed in June, and their next closest location is ~100 miles away...
I've been looking for something like this as well, but since RadioShack went bankrupt a few years back, Fry's has been basically my only option. I so wish hobby shops were still a thing...
I've stopped going to Fry's too, they've started to lose suppliers and it's so empty at my local one. I've started going to Orvac Electronics.
Troy SciOly 2021 Co-Captain
Proud Padre of the Evola SciOly Program 2018-now
Dank Memes Area Homeschool Juggernaut 2018-now
Sierra Vista SciOly Co-Head Coach 2020-now
2021 Tryouts: Circuit, Code, Detector, DP, GeoMaps, Machines

The team may be gone, but the program lives on...
Umaroth's Userpage

User avatar
CPScienceDude
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Posts: 356
Joined: December 12th, 2018, 2:40 pm
Division: C
State: IN
Pronouns: He/Him/His
Has thanked: 139 times
Been thanked: 80 times

Re: Your Daily Random Comment

Post by CPScienceDude » January 6th, 2020, 8:52 am

Umaroth wrote:
January 6th, 2020, 6:07 am
PM2017 wrote:
January 5th, 2020, 8:28 pm
Things2do wrote:
January 5th, 2020, 7:49 pm
Does anyone on here know where I can go to a store and buy a breadboard and a few resistors? I foolishly assumed that I could walk into, say, an electronics store, educational supply store, Best Buy, Hobby Lobby, etc. and buy one... But, no... And, come to find out, the one place I could find them closed in June, and their next closest location is ~100 miles away...
I've been looking for something like this as well, but since RadioShack went bankrupt a few years back, Fry's has been basically my only option. I so wish hobby shops were still a thing...
I've stopped going to Fry's too, they've started to lose suppliers and it's so empty at my local one. I've started going to Orvac Electronics.
The best thing near me hobby lobby :(. Amazon is my only option really.
Captain of CPSO

Assassinator 139 and 147
2021 events: Astronomy, Chem Lab, Ornithology, Machines, Gravity Vehicle, and Forensics

About Me!
Image

User avatar
Things2do
Member
Member
Posts: 154
Joined: February 12th, 2018, 2:30 pm
Division: Grad
State: TN
Pronouns: He/Him/His
Has thanked: 87 times
Been thanked: 51 times

Re: Your Daily Random Comment

Post by Things2do » January 6th, 2020, 9:54 am

CPScienceDude wrote:
January 6th, 2020, 8:52 am
Umaroth wrote:
January 6th, 2020, 6:07 am
PM2017 wrote:
January 5th, 2020, 8:28 pm


I've been looking for something like this as well, but since RadioShack went bankrupt a few years back, Fry's has been basically my only option. I so wish hobby shops were still a thing...
I've stopped going to Fry's too, they've started to lose suppliers and it's so empty at my local one. I've started going to Orvac Electronics.
The best thing near me hobby lobby :(. Amazon is my only option really.
The nearest Fry's is 107 miles away, and Orvac appears to be in California... Hobby Town's website says they've got 'em, but the defunct location near me was always a small store... I'm thinking of doing something with motherboards, since we've got a lot of those...
John 5:46-47
Eagle Scout
Builder Cult
 Backyard Botany, Can Racer, Name That Scientist,
CTW, Meteo., WV, Scrambler, Road S., Dy. Plan., Fast Facts, Rocks/Mine., Optics, MTV, Remote Sensing, ExpeD., Geo. Map., Fossils, Circuits., Thermo., Boomi., WS, Machines, GV
More here.Image

User avatar
TheMysteriousMapMan
Member
Member
Posts: 35
Joined: December 5th, 2018, 12:45 pm
Division: C
State: MI
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 0

Re: Your Daily Random Comment

Post by TheMysteriousMapMan » January 6th, 2020, 10:05 am

Things2do wrote:
January 6th, 2020, 9:54 am
CPScienceDude wrote:
January 6th, 2020, 8:52 am
Umaroth wrote:
January 6th, 2020, 6:07 am


I've stopped going to Fry's too, they've started to lose suppliers and it's so empty at my local one. I've started going to Orvac Electronics.
The best thing near me hobby lobby :(. Amazon is my only option really.
The nearest Fry's is 107 miles away, and Orvac appears to be in California... Hobby Town's website says they've got 'em, but the defunct location near me was always a small store... I'm thinking of doing something with motherboards, since we've got a lot of those...
Yeah...whenever I need stuff like that, I always go to a local business–there is never the right stuff at larger home improvement chains and such. I think, especially because it sounds like you live in a rural area, Amazon might be the best option. It's often quite cheap, you can buy things in bulk, and, if your family has Prime, you get free two-day shipping.
2020 Events: Astronomy, Experimental Design, Detector Building, Ornithology, Sounds of Music.

Unsuccessful Assassinator of Game 143.


Post Reply

Return to “General Chat”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests