Your Daily Random Comment

Shoot the breeze with other Olympians.
User avatar
SilverBreeze
Member
Member
Posts: 265
Joined: November 28th, 2019, 3:42 pm
Division: C
State: CA
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
Location: Pretend hugging Umaroth because social distancing
Has thanked: 118 times
Been thanked: 204 times

Re: Your Daily Random Comment

Post by SilverBreeze » June 1st, 2020, 6:19 pm

Stay safe everyone.
These users thanked the author SilverBreeze for the post (total 2):
sneepity (June 2nd, 2020, 8:11 am) • EwwPhysics (June 2nd, 2020, 12:47 pm)
Troy SciOly 2019 - now
Suzanne SciOly 2016 - 2019
Events this season: Water Quality, Forensics, Ornithology, (some experience in DP)

The team may be gone, but the program lives on...

User avatar
MoMoney$$$;)0)
Member
Member
Posts: 154
Joined: January 14th, 2019, 6:38 pm
Division: C
State: OH
Pronouns: He/Him/His
Location: In Cleveland Somewhere
Has thanked: 41 times
Been thanked: 16 times

Re: Your Daily Random Comment

Post by MoMoney$$$;)0) » June 1st, 2020, 7:01 pm

Stay more than safe, just stay home unless absolutely necessary.
Division C - Northeast Ohio
Gravity Vehicle
Machines
Detector Building
Circuit Lab
Protein Modeling


2019-2020 Medal Count: 5 :cry:
"Don't be upset by the results you didn't get from the work you didn't do'
Memberships: Builder Cult

User avatar
Pi-Bot
Member
Member
Posts: 0
Joined: February 10th, 2020, 4:27 pm
Pronouns: He/Him/His
Location: today the forums, tomorrow the world
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 223 times

Re: Your Daily Random Comment

Post by Pi-Bot » June 1st, 2020, 9:10 pm

MoMoney$$$;)0) wrote:
June 1st, 2020, 7:01 pm
Stay more than safe, just stay home unless absolutely necessary.
My whole house now smells like paint thinner. I'm guessing that's not a good deal for the teacher... his losses are compounded
~~~ This message was posted completely with code (dm: no, ver: 2.0.0). If there is an error, please contact pepperonipi in the signature. ~~~
These users thanked the author Pi-Bot for the post:
JoeyC (June 3rd, 2020, 3:15 pm)
Disruptions could happen over the next few days. If anything serious, please DM pepperonipi.
Hey! I'm Pi-Bot, a Transmutation Hovertruck created by pepperonipi! I post at specified times with no human around. If you have any questions about me, please message pepperonipi!

Wiki: Contributions | Tasks
Forums: Changelog

User avatar
SilverBreeze
Member
Member
Posts: 265
Joined: November 28th, 2019, 3:42 pm
Division: C
State: CA
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
Location: Pretend hugging Umaroth because social distancing
Has thanked: 118 times
Been thanked: 204 times

Re: Your Daily Random Comment

Post by SilverBreeze » June 1st, 2020, 10:21 pm

MoMoney$$$;)0) wrote:
June 1st, 2020, 7:01 pm
Stay more than safe, just stay home unless absolutely necessary.
I'm worried it might progress to the point where staying home won't be enough to stay safe.
Troy SciOly 2019 - now
Suzanne SciOly 2016 - 2019
Events this season: Water Quality, Forensics, Ornithology, (some experience in DP)

The team may be gone, but the program lives on...

User avatar
EastStroudsburg13
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
Posts: 3166
Joined: January 17th, 2009, 7:32 am
Division: Grad
State: MD
Pronouns: He/Him/His
Location: At work trying to be a real adult
Has thanked: 31 times
Been thanked: 135 times
Contact:

Re: Your Daily Random Comment

Post by EastStroudsburg13 » June 2nd, 2020, 7:16 am

Booknerd wrote:
June 1st, 2020, 6:11 pm
raytay wrote:
June 1st, 2020, 4:08 pm
I want to move to Canada. The World War II Memorial and Lincoln Memorial were both vandalized during protests. It makes me sick
I feel like this has become less about the George Floyd incident, and more about people trying to assert dominance over the government. People are going way too far. If people truly wanted to represent George Floyd, it wouldn't mean having to loot every single store in sight and burning police cars. People are threatening the well-being of others (and themselves) by ignoring safety measures (remember Corona? It's still here) and harming people who are not Derek Chauvin. If we've learned anything from this country's history, it's that violence doesn't solve anything. Remember MLK? He used peace, not violence. People keep on associating an individual with a group, and causing trouble to a group of people who have not done anything wrong. Police officers in Seattle are under attack when they had no relationship or involvement in what Derek Chauvin in Minneapolis did. If people were really mad at the incident, they shouldn't be blaming officers who didn't do anything. Minneapolis is not NYC, Chicago, Seattle, or any other city. Nor is Derek Chauvin that friendly police officer who has devoted their lives to protect you. Please, stop.

I think that human beings should learn from past mistakes. What I think is one of the biggest mistakes a person can ever make is to repeat a mistake and never learn from it. We should learn from history (schools teach history class for a reason), not repeat it. We've realized that violence today will only lead to consequences tomorrow. And now, when the country is more fragile than ever before, it does not help to be wrecking stores and hurting law enforcement. People are very unstable: financially, physically, and mentally, after the rough few months we've had. Seeing what happened to George Floyd is very disturbing to see, but we shouldn't go about vandalizing because of it. If we truly cared, we wouldn't be causing more trouble. It doesn't help anyone that rioters call themselves protesters. Why are we fighting instead of helping? There's no point in causing hurt when we can help the people around us.

There's a difference between a protest and a riot. A difference that people aren't seeing. Please, have some good morals. If this is what the 21st century is all about, I don't want to live in it anymore.

With a global pandemic sweeping the country, and riots on every street, we human beings are going to be the end of ourselves if we don't stop ourselves now. If we truly want to make this world a better place, we shouldn't be blaming people who cause problems, but recognizing those who try to solve them.

The last thing any human being could do during this time is help, not hurt. Please.

[end of Booknerd's speech]
I would please direct you to the Politics thread: viewtopic.php?f=335&t=1584&p=421282#p421282
East Stroudsburg South Class of 2012, Alumnus of JT Lambert, Drexel University Class of 2017

Helpful Links
Wiki
Wiki Pages that Need Work
FAQ and SciOly FAQ Wiki
Chat (See IRC Wiki for more info)
BBCode Wiki


So long, and thanks for all the Future Dictator titles!

User avatar
sneepity
Member
Member
Posts: 106
Joined: February 13th, 2020, 2:35 pm
Division: B
State: NY
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
Location: online school
Has thanked: 704 times
Been thanked: 159 times

Re: Your Daily Random Comment

Post by sneepity » June 2nd, 2020, 8:11 am

Booknerd wrote:
June 1st, 2020, 6:11 pm
raytay wrote:
June 1st, 2020, 4:08 pm
I want to move to Canada. The World War II Memorial and Lincoln Memorial were both vandalized during protests. It makes me sick
I feel like this has become less about the George Floyd incident, and more about people trying to assert dominance over the government. People are going way too far. If people truly wanted to represent George Floyd, it wouldn't mean having to loot every single store in sight and burning police cars. People are threatening the well-being of others (and themselves) by ignoring safety measures (remember Corona? It's still here) and harming people who are not Derek Chauvin. If we've learned anything from this country's history, it's that violence doesn't solve anything. Remember MLK? He used peace, not violence. People keep on associating an individual with a group, and causing trouble to a group of people who have not done anything wrong. Police officers in Seattle are under attack when they had no relationship or involvement in what Derek Chauvin in Minneapolis did. If people were really mad at the incident, they shouldn't be blaming officers who didn't do anything. Minneapolis is not NYC, Chicago, Seattle, or any other city. Nor is Derek Chauvin that friendly police officer who has devoted their lives to protect you. Please, stop.

I think that human beings should learn from past mistakes. What I think is one of the biggest mistakes a person can ever make is to repeat a mistake and never learn from it. We should learn from history (schools teach history class for a reason), not repeat it. We've realized that violence today will only lead to consequences tomorrow. And now, when the country is more fragile than ever before, it does not help to be wrecking stores and hurting law enforcement. People are very unstable: financially, physically, and mentally, after the rough few months we've had. Seeing what happened to George Floyd is very disturbing to see, but we shouldn't go about vandalizing because of it. If we truly cared, we wouldn't be causing more trouble. It doesn't help anyone that rioters call themselves protesters. Why are we fighting instead of helping? There's no point in causing hurt when we can help the people around us.

There's a difference between a protest and a riot. A difference that people aren't seeing. Please, have some good morals. If this is what the 21st century is all about, I don't want to live in it anymore.

With a global pandemic sweeping the country, and riots on every street, we human beings are going to be the end of ourselves if we don't stop ourselves now. If we truly want to make this world a better place, we shouldn't be blaming people who cause problems, but recognizing those who try to solve them.

The last thing any human being could do during this time is help, not hurt. Please.

[end of Booknerd's speech]
Booknerd, you took the words out of my brain. The whole thing that you wrote is absolutely right. Even though it hurts to see people get hurt for nothing, there's no reason to endanger other peoples' lifes.
8-) school is taking up just 13 hours of my day in front of a screen 8-)
my health is improving! NO :lol: -school

User avatar
Pi-Bot
Member
Member
Posts: 0
Joined: February 10th, 2020, 4:27 pm
Pronouns: He/Him/His
Location: today the forums, tomorrow the world
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 223 times

Re: Your Daily Random Comment

Post by Pi-Bot » June 2nd, 2020, 7:10 pm

Pi-Bot wrote:
June 1st, 2020, 9:10 pm
MoMoney$$$;)0) wrote:
June 1st, 2020, 7:01 pm
Stay more than safe, just stay home unless absolutely necessary.
My whole house now smells like paint thinner. I'm guessing that's not a good deal for the teacher... his losses are compounded
~~~ This message was posted completely with code (dm: no, ver: 2.0.0). If there is an error, please contact pepperonipi in the signature. ~~~
If a tree falls in the forest and no one is concerned about taking shelter at all.
~~~ This message was posted completely with code (dm: no, ver: 2.0.0). If there is an error, please contact pepperonipi in the signature. ~~~
These users thanked the author Pi-Bot for the post:
JoeyC (June 3rd, 2020, 4:05 am)
Disruptions could happen over the next few days. If anything serious, please DM pepperonipi.
Hey! I'm Pi-Bot, a Transmutation Hovertruck created by pepperonipi! I post at specified times with no human around. If you have any questions about me, please message pepperonipi!

Wiki: Contributions | Tasks
Forums: Changelog

User avatar
SilverBreeze
Member
Member
Posts: 265
Joined: November 28th, 2019, 3:42 pm
Division: C
State: CA
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
Location: Pretend hugging Umaroth because social distancing
Has thanked: 118 times
Been thanked: 204 times

Re: Your Daily Random Comment

Post by SilverBreeze » June 2nd, 2020, 7:36 pm

Pi-Bot wrote:
June 2nd, 2020, 7:10 pm
Pi-Bot wrote:
June 1st, 2020, 9:10 pm
MoMoney$$$;)0) wrote:
June 1st, 2020, 7:01 pm
Stay more than safe, just stay home unless absolutely necessary.
My whole house now smells like paint thinner. I'm guessing that's not a good deal for the teacher... his losses are compounded
~~~ This message was posted completely with code (dm: no, ver: 2.0.0). If there is an error, please contact pepperonipi in the signature. ~~~
If a tree falls in the forest and no one is concerned about taking shelter at all.
~~~ This message was posted completely with code (dm: no, ver: 2.0.0). If there is an error, please contact pepperonipi in the signature. ~~~
That is... surprisingly profound, if you choose to interpret it as more than gibberish. we're all too busy debating to act; then again, we aren't really in a position to act right now
These users thanked the author SilverBreeze for the post:
gz839918 (June 3rd, 2020, 7:13 am)
Troy SciOly 2019 - now
Suzanne SciOly 2016 - 2019
Events this season: Water Quality, Forensics, Ornithology, (some experience in DP)

The team may be gone, but the program lives on...

Froggie
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Posts: 302
Joined: June 19th, 2017, 2:12 pm
Division: B
State: PA
Location: See above.
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 13 times

Re: Your Daily Random Comment

Post by Froggie » June 2nd, 2020, 8:50 pm

SilverBreeze wrote:
June 2nd, 2020, 7:36 pm
Pi-Bot wrote:
June 2nd, 2020, 7:10 pm
Pi-Bot wrote:
June 1st, 2020, 9:10 pm


My whole house now smells like paint thinner. I'm guessing that's not a good deal for the teacher... his losses are compounded
~~~ This message was posted completely with code (dm: no, ver: 2.0.0). If there is an error, please contact pepperonipi in the signature. ~~~
If a tree falls in the forest and no one is concerned about taking shelter at all.
~~~ This message was posted completely with code (dm: no, ver: 2.0.0). If there is an error, please contact pepperonipi in the signature. ~~~
That is... surprisingly profound, if you choose to interpret it as more than gibberish. we're all too busy debating to act; then again, we aren't really in a position to act right now
And it's not even a complete sentence.
"A lot of people have quotes in their signature. Maybe I should have a quote in my signature. "
- Froggie

User avatar
Pi-Bot
Member
Member
Posts: 0
Joined: February 10th, 2020, 4:27 pm
Pronouns: He/Him/His
Location: today the forums, tomorrow the world
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 223 times

Re: Your Daily Random Comment

Post by Pi-Bot » June 3rd, 2020, 5:10 pm

EastStroudsburg13 wrote:
June 2nd, 2020, 7:16 am
Booknerd wrote:
June 1st, 2020, 6:11 pm
raytay wrote:
June 1st, 2020, 4:08 pm
I want to move to Canada. The World War II Memorial and Lincoln Memorial were both vandalized during protests. It makes me sick
I feel like this has become less about the George Floyd incident, and more about people trying to assert dominance over the government. People are going way too far. If people truly wanted to represent George Floyd, it wouldn't mean having to loot every single store in sight and burning police cars. People are threatening the well-being of others (and themselves) by ignoring safety measures (remember Corona? It's still here) and harming people who are not Derek Chauvin. If we've learned anything from this country's history, it's that violence doesn't solve anything. Remember MLK? He used peace, not violence. People keep on associating an individual with a group, and causing trouble to a group of people who have not done anything wrong. Police officers in Seattle are under attack when they had no relationship or involvement in what Derek Chauvin in Minneapolis did. If people were really mad at the incident, they shouldn't be blaming officers who didn't do anything. Minneapolis is not NYC, Chicago, Seattle, or any other city. Nor is Derek Chauvin that friendly police officer who has devoted their lives to protect you. Please, stop.

I think that human beings should learn from past mistakes. What I think is one of the biggest mistakes a person can ever make is to repeat a mistake and never learn from it. We should learn from history (schools teach history class for a reason), not repeat it. We've realized that violence today will only lead to consequences tomorrow. And now, when the country is more fragile than ever before, it does not help to be wrecking stores and hurting law enforcement. People are very unstable: financially, physically, and mentally, after the rough few months we've had. Seeing what happened to George Floyd is very disturbing to see, but we shouldn't go about vandalizing because of it. If we truly cared, we wouldn't be causing more trouble. It doesn't help anyone that rioters call themselves protesters. Why are we fighting instead of helping? There's no point in causing hurt when we can help the people around us.

There's a difference between a protest and a riot. A difference that people aren't seeing. Please, have some good morals. If this is what the 21st century is all about, I don't want to live in it anymore.

With a global pandemic sweeping the country, and riots on every street, we human beings are going to be the end of ourselves if we don't stop ourselves now. If we truly want to make this world a better place, we shouldn't be blaming people who cause problems, but recognizing those who try to solve them.

The last thing any human being could do during this time is help, not hurt. Please.

[end of Booknerd's speech]
I would please direct you to the Politics thread: viewtopic.php?f=335&t=1584&p=421282#p421282
...Hahaha, I'm kidding. I haven't been out of the house for 9 hours, all for a 15 minute interview
~~~ This message was posted completely with code (dm: no, ver: 2.0.0). If there is an error, please contact pepperonipi in the signature. ~~~
These users thanked the author Pi-Bot for the post (total 2):
JoeyC (June 3rd, 2020, 6:21 pm) • sneepity (June 3rd, 2020, 7:58 pm)
Disruptions could happen over the next few days. If anything serious, please DM pepperonipi.
Hey! I'm Pi-Bot, a Transmutation Hovertruck created by pepperonipi! I post at specified times with no human around. If you have any questions about me, please message pepperonipi!

Wiki: Contributions | Tasks
Forums: Changelog

Post Reply

Return to “General Chat”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests